Notices

Class of September 2014 part 2

Old 09-24-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Day 7

Hi all, Day 7 and last night was a huge struggle for me. I made the mistake of agreeing to get my neighbor's two kids at the bus stop, so I had 4 wild kids running around my house during my prime drinking time...OMG. Luckily I had some chocolate in the house, which saved me long enough to get through the stress. I also went to my first AA meeting in a very long time, which was OK, but ultimately may have been a trigger for me. This is really hard, but I was happy when I was falling asleep and woke up sober. Hang in there, everyone!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Day 29 here and hanging on...........

Have a great day
Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Testing. Meow.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
Good morning class! Starting day 24. Cold in atlanta this morning!!! In think sole suggested the book sober mercies here ?? Really good book. She hid it from her spouse also.., anyways have a good day!

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
I'm loving the cold mornings Alynn. How about you?

I open those windows and sleep like a champ now.

So, do you ever fly to the Keys.....Key West in particular? Only asking because we laid-over in Georgia at the end of July on our way to Key West.

I never hid that I drank, just how much I drank...
Old 09-24-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

So, this log-in error is driving me nuts...

I now realize that if I just close my browser, I have to wait 15 minutes. But, if I log-off, I can log back in. Now, I only tried that once, but it worked. So, I haven't given it the full litmus test...

MMM....is that you Avice?

Luper,...girl..(I wrote "man" at first, then I was like no, that's not right). Although it's all just a figure of speech....

....awesome on the (29) days!!

Day (30) day today....whew....that was tough. I'm running out these chances. I have to ride this out forever. I don't want to have to go through this again....nevertheless, riding high....the natural way!

C44 and others that are on a re-start.....stick with it...If I can go 30, anyone can!

How many chances do we really get though?

Stay Strong Septemberites....
Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Starting day 2. This feels somewhat pleasant today. Humbling. My screwup was an eye opener. My AV is quiet so far. I handled news of the death of a friend yesterday with heartbreak and ease. Prescription drugs and alcohol took him. My brain wouldn't stop thinking about it. I pictured a candle flame in my mind and tried to keep it still and next thing I know, It was morning. Again, humbling.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Yes Neverthought. This is Avice. I had to create yet another account because MeowMeowMeowwwww isn't working anymore. Sticking with the feline theme. 30 days! Woooooooo! All right, dude! Hey, try that watermelon drink with half watermelon and half honeydew. It's so crazy good. It'll like, blow your head clean off.

Just stopping by briefly to say hi to all of the newcomers. There certainly are a lot!

Before I'm randomly logged out, I just want to say that I totally get the body image issues. I have them too. I don't look horrible, but my body is a product of neglect. When I walk outside I feel like my body is yelling, "Hey! This girl didn't take care of me! Check out this flabby old butt!" However, I have to recognize that I was malnourished when I quit and was having heart palpitations and all. I really want to look good NOW, but that's my instant gratification voice talking. The point is that I FEEL better. Heart palpitations are a thing of the past, and I have more energy every day. BTW, I'm on day 20 now, just to give our newcomers a sense of where I'm at.

Anyway, that's it. Hopefully the mods get this thing sorted and I'll be able to come back as Avice soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

countrygirl2014. I'm so sorry. That's terrible. Sending internet hugs your way...
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Never thought- yes we slept with windows open last night! Loved it! We used to fly into the keys.. I never did it though. We deff never got layovers there.. I also hid the amount I guess in should say.. Like the lady says in the book, sometimes if we were out to eat I hid "an extra" in the purse to go along with what I ordered.. So ridiculous!

Hey meow "aka Avice" meow meow!

To the newcomers.. When you think after a few days or weeks of sobriety that it's of to give in and have a drink don't do it. Don't go back! Staying sober is way better. Alyways! Like I read from Dee last night, it's the first drink that gets us. I've had a sober September, has it been rainbows and unicorns? No. I am happy though and learning better ways to cope.. Hang In there friends!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Starting day 2. This feels somewhat pleasant today. Humbling. My screwup was an eye opener. My AV is quiet so far. I handled news of the death of a friend yesterday with heartbreak and ease. Prescription drugs and alcohol took him. My brain wouldn't stop thinking about it. I pictured a candle flame in my mind and tried to keep it still and next thing I know, It was morning. Again, humbling.
Sorry for your loss cg14....
Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hello friends. Today makes 28 days.

Yesterday was tough. But fought through.

Learning to not act on urges even if they are intense.

An hour or two...Or a good night's sleep and they lose a lot of their power.

Stay sober everyone!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Neverthought---and everyone else: Thanks so much for the encouragement and ideas. This group is quite active which is nice.

I'm 39 and my son is 15 and daughter is 11. I used to smoke pot until I left my daughter's father when she was a baby, which is when I switched to wine. I prefer pot to alcohol, but with 2 kids I just didn't want to take the legal chances. At some point when my son was around 7 I realized I was drinking way to much and stopped for a time....started again and then stopped for a year 6 years ago. Then I met my current husband and we've been married now for 5 years.

My husband was a wine drinker when we married. I thought: "Well, I stopped for a whole year so that must mean I don't have a problem anymore." HA! RIGHT! So I would share a bottle with him...fast forward....then I'm drinking wine all by myself. The kids started commenting on the fact that "Mom drinks wine every night." So, instead of stopping I switched to hidden tequila shots in my bathroom. I know, a big difference.

Basically, ever since we've been married I have developed a bigger and bigger problem. I've jumped around between vodka and wine and bourbon and wine and tequila and more wine. Started sneaking a lot more.

I think the biggest issue for me that really pushed my drinking into high gear is my son. He was 10 when we got married and I thought he and my husband got along great. Unfortunately, the year after was hell on everyone. They argued constantly and I played peacemaker and go-between to try to help them understand each other and get along. Needless to say, I was unsuccessful. At age 12 (3 years ago now) my son decided he wanted to go live with his single dad....who lives 3 hours from us. I didn't see I had a choice but to allow him to go.

That...well....tore out my heart and stuffed it into a bag. I try to keep in touch with my son but the distance has become really tough. Now he is playing football and has friends and doesn't want to come visit more than maybe once every few months.

The alcohol use has stopped me from dealing with anything since then. My marriage suffers, my daughter is emotionally neglected for the most part. I can't get myself to stop drinking long enough to try to really deal with some of this crap.

Anyway, I know other people have much worse problems and I'm not trying to feel sorry for myself. There are many things I am grateful for. I just feel like my biggest enemy in life is ME and my inability to prevail over a freaking LIQUID!!!

Now I am off to take my handicapped mother to the doctor. She is a tough personality for me to deal with but alcohol makes her much more tolerable!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss countrygirl2014. Also, welcome BottleBlond to our class.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Checking in Day 11 - feeling a little bit better today than yesterday. Need to create plans for Friday so I avoid drinking.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Does anyone find themselves in a vicious sleep circle? When I try to stop drinking I can't sleep. By day 3 or so I am so exhausted and irritable. My resistance is down and my ability to resist alcohol goes way down. So then I drink and can sleep again.
Old 09-24-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

BottleBlond, I had a similar experience - for me it got better after the first week
Old 09-24-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss countrygirl.

Congrats to you findingtheway on 28 days and NT on 30

Sorry for all the log in hassles - it's affecting me too. Nothing I can do about it personally...we just have to have patience and wait.

D
Old 09-24-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I have made it to day 3!! I am really struggling. BUT I am not giving up this fight!!!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you thought any more about a plan CFM?

D
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
have you thought any more about a plan CFM?

D
Yes. I have.
I can not surround myself with those that are using/drinking. Which is what led to my last relapse.
Also- Meetings. Meetings. Meetings!