Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Great to hear Blkdiesel !
Old 02-12-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought ...You Add The Smoothie~~
~~Love Yourself First…and Often~~

Today’s Daily Word is dedicated to Always loving yourself! Marianne Williamson said it the best…

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.”

As you set out on your journey, remember this saying! Take heed to it and realize how extremely important it is to have confidence in self and let your light shine! Not only is it your right but it is your absolute duty and obligation! Happiness will always start with you! It is impossible to truly love someone else if you don’t love yourself first! It is impossible to get the success you deserve if you don’t believe you deserve it! Love Yourself First! You deserve it more than anyone else on this planet!

~~Healthy Mental Snacks~~
“We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.”-Malcolm X

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.”-Albert Einstein

“Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The most important opinion you have is the one you have of yourself, and the most significant things you say all day are those things you say to yourself”-Unknown

“A diamond doesn’t start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. Be that diamond.”-Solange nicole

“Having a low opinion of yourself is not “modesty”. It’s self-destruction. Holding your uniqueness in high regard is not “egotism”. It’s a necessary precondition to happiness and success.-Bobbe Sommer
“Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true”-Unknown

“Don’t you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.”-Jo Blackwell-Preston
Old 02-14-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Checking in from Denmark. Still sober , but with a cold "sniffle". Haven't settled in yet, only been here a month and a half, but staying sober is the best way to do it, by far
Looking at the last pages it seems quite a few haven't posted in some time, hopefully they are doing to well to remember
Old 02-19-2015, 02:26 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Get well soon workaholic!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Thanks! Pretty much restored by now
Going back to Sweden for a week, hope to catch two or three AA meetings while there, and meet some friends etc .
How's everyone?
Old 02-23-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Thought I'd check in since rejoining SR for the umpteenth time but thinking of you all while away. I always feel duplicitous posting when I'm back to the denial phase.

Have I been good at moderate drinking? "Yes," in that I haven't gone overboard. But "no," in that I'm back to chronic depression and feeling more anxiety in general. It's just too tempting to self medicate, and I don't want to keep considering that option.

I signed up for the February 2015 class and hope it's my last new one. I've also joined the One Year and Under thread, because I needed to set a new goal. I realize just how wonderful the six and a half months I had last year were. I want that again, and more.

Bear with me as I figure out all that's going on now in your lives. I have little time now that I'm helping my 83 year old Father out. He has ongoing medical issues, and I'm getting his two properties ready for sale right now (no small feat given some issues).

Anyway, have a good day... hugs to all, and I'll be back way more often.

NL
Old 02-23-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back NL
enjoy your trip workaholic

D
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hey Newleaf !

Welcome back to our class. YOu know you are always welcome. Hmmm, moderation is a popular theme on SR ! I am too terrified of the risks to experiment with moderation. Good for you to not have had anything bad happen in terms of external events and to address your mental health issues. Never give up and you will eventually get there !

I've been travelling ok. I have my ups and downs. However, lately, I've noted a worrying phenomena in that I tend to daydream a lot when driving. IN the past few weeks, I've missed my exits from highways, almost got swiped a few times and keep driving slightly over the speed limit. I dont know why I lose focus (I dont have loud music playing or other distractions). My mind simply drifts and I get lost literally in day dreams (nothing negative). Kinda weird....
Old 02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Welcome back Newleaf! My depression and anxiety responds less to treatment when I was drinking even though the alcohol gives temporary relief. Take care guys
Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Welcome back Newleaf! My depression and anxiety responds less to treatment when I was drinking even though the alcohol gives temporary relief. Take care guys
Old 02-26-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Thanks, Kane! I'm very glad to be back, really.

Have there been any changes just prior to losing your focus while driving? Sleep patterns, meds, stressors, etc.? How about any other symptoms?

When I am preoccupied or stressed, I find I get more ditzy. But then again, that's me lol.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
Hello over there in Denmark, Work...

Temporary relief isn't all it's cracked up to be, is it? I'm tired of being sick and tired, and if I don't take matters into my own hands I'm not doing myself any favors.

And enjoy your trip back to Sweden!
Old 02-26-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
Just checking in with the class, hoping that everyone is well as we begin a new month. Everything is going well in my world, sober living, mentally and spiritually thriving Life is good. Blessing 2 all.
Hope things are still going well for you, BLK. Missed your tasty tidbits.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:19 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Welcome back NewLeaf! So great to see you here old friend.

(rochele)
Old 02-27-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 02-27-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Thanks, Kane! I'm very glad to be back, really.

Have there been any changes just prior to losing your focus while driving? Sleep patterns, meds, stressors, etc.? How about any other symptoms?

When I am preoccupied or stressed, I find I get more ditzy. But then again, that's me lol.
Hi NL

Nothing [articular but I was overseas for about one month before. I think that's the main reason as I was travelling and there wasnt any standard routine for a while. Also didnt drive for that time which may account for it !

Thanks
Old 03-02-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Welcome back, NewLeaf! It's great to have you back with us!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hello friends I hope everyone is well this is a course your favorite Fish
Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Thought I'd check in since rejoining SR for the umpteenth time but thinking of you all while away. I always feel duplicitous posting when I'm back to the denial phase.

Have I been good at moderate drinking? "Yes," in that I haven't gone overboard. But "no," in that I'm back to chronic depression and feeling more anxiety in general. It's just too tempting to self medicate, and I don't want to keep considering that option.

I signed up for the February 2015 class and hope it's my last new one. I've also joined the One Year and Under thread, because I needed to set a new goal. I realize just how wonderful the six and a half months I had last year were. I want that again, and more.

Bear with me as I figure out all that's going on now in your lives. I have little time now that I'm helping my 83 year old Father out. He has ongoing medical issues, and I'm getting his two properties ready for sale right now (no small feat given some issues).

Anyway, have a good day... hugs to all, and I'll be back way more often.

NL
Great to hear from you New Leaf, just remember this all a process and what solution works for some does not always work for others. Build on the 6 and a half months you had last year, you now have a better sample size of a longer period of sobriety and "moderated drinking" to see which one serves you better. Look forward to updates from you.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Hey Newleaf !

I've been travelling ok. I have my ups and downs. However, lately, I've noted a worrying phenomena in that I tend to daydream a lot when driving. IN the past few weeks, I've missed my exits from highways, almost got swiped a few times and keep driving slightly over the speed limit. I dont know why I lose focus (I dont have loud music playing or other distractions). My mind simply drifts and I get lost literally in day dreams (nothing negative). Kinda weird....
That is something to be cognizant off "Kane" especially if it becomes a life threatening issue. I would really look into that to see what is going on so it doesn't become a more serious problem. Have a great one.