SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September 2013 - Part 32 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/344111-class-september-2013-part-32-a.html)

Dee74 09-04-2014 11:20 PM

Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-31-a-20.html

D

LillianGish 09-04-2014 11:37 PM

Oh look, it's 11:30 at night here in the Pacific coast and the rest of the world is asleep or driving to work.

"I claim this territory in the name of all Californians...for Surfers and Disney."

<<<Lillian Plants Flag>>>
:usa:

Dee74 09-05-2014 12:02 AM

:lmao

D

BLKDIESEL 09-05-2014 04:00 AM

~~Food For Thought ~ Fantastic Friday Edition~~
~~Some Wordz For Da Wize~~

~In life you’ll realize there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you.~

~Keep people in your life who truly love you, motivate you, encourage you, enhance you, and make you happy. If you know people who do none of these things, let them go.~

~Love is not about sex, going on fancy dates, or showing off. It’s about being with a person who makes you happy in a way nobody else can.~

~Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring – all of which have the potential to turn a life around.~

~The most beautiful thing is to see a person you love smiling. And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it.~

~Choose your relationships wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.~

~Being alone does not mean you are lonely, and being lonely does not mean you are alone.~

~Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.~

~Love means giving someone the chance to hurt you, but trusting them not to.~

~You know you’ve found true love when you catch yourself falling in love with the same person over and over again.~

~Don’t wait for the right person to come into your life. Rather, be the right person to come to someone’s life.~

~The one who is meant for you encourages you to be your best, but still loves and accepts you at your worst.~

~Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.~

~Just because one person doesn’t seem to care for you, doesn’t mean you should forget about everyone else who does.~

~Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right.~

~It is okay to be angry. It is never okay to be cruel.~

~Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.`

~Silence is often the loudest cry. Pay attention to those you care about.~

~We don’t always need advice. Sometimes all we need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand.~

#Wordz2DaWize

Kaneda8888 09-05-2014 04:28 AM

Yay, a new thread !

Nightswimming 09-05-2014 05:01 AM

Sooo 1 year today....that feels weird! Extremely happy that I've got to this point!

I want to write a bit more about this last year but not feeling like doing it today. Dealing with work related HR stuff and a bit exhausted with that. Time to chill!

Br00ksie 09-05-2014 05:48 AM

Congrats to everyone celebrating a year!! :cheer

I'm in month 10 of continuous sobriety, but my "proud dates" are in September. The 13th will be a year without booze and the 28th will be a year without pot!

I've been doing alright, trying to find a routine that works for me. Exercise is good as is work, but I had hit a rough patch in terms of making daily meetings. Once I get home, it is really hard for me to go back outside! But I'm continuing to learn and get stronger as I go!

I celebrated my first sober birthday last Saturday and had a theme party with two girls in the program, which was fun! Cake and glitter and dancing! :biglaugh:

So yeah, I'm just trucking along. Nothing monumental to share! No complaints!
Hugs to everyone! :grouphug:

GotGrace 09-05-2014 06:34 AM

Congratulations, Night!!!!!! Awesome work! Enjoy your day!!!:c011:

GotGrace 09-05-2014 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Br00ksie (Post 4880685)

I'm in month 10 of continuous sobriety, but my "proud dates" are in September. The 13th will be a year without booze and the 28th will be a year without pot!

I've been doing alright, trying to find a routine that works for me. Exercise is good as is work, but I had hit a rough patch in terms of making daily meetings. Once I get home, it is really hard for me to go back outside! But I'm continuing to learn and get stronger as I go!

I celebrated my first sober birthday last Saturday and had a theme party with two girls in the program, which was fun! Cake and glitter and dancing! :biglaugh:

I'm glad you posted Brooksie! Good to know you are doing well. Happy Birthday and keep up the great work!

Nightswimming 09-05-2014 08:09 AM

Thanks Grace and Brooksie!

Glad to hear you're doing good Brooksie. Like reading your posts so keep 'em coming!

So thankful for this place..it's been a godsend during the past year. I know I haven't used it as much as I should but love reading everyone's posts and always thankful for the support.

phoebe64 09-05-2014 12:46 PM

Congratulations Nightswimming and Happy Birthday Brooksie!!

Kaneda8888 09-05-2014 05:20 PM

THat's awesome Br00ksie ! I am so glad you posted and that all is well. Yay !!

Dee74 09-05-2014 05:21 PM

congrats nightswimming - and happy birthday brOOksie :)

D

Kaneda8888 09-05-2014 05:28 PM

Nightswimming
Woot ! Woot ! Woot ! Woot !
A truly magnificent achievement to reach one year !
A resounding thump on the back, a crushing hug and all the best wishes for doing so brilliantly
When we think of milestones in our lives, this one would surely rank amongst the tippy top !!
Thank you for your wonderful and enduring support. Onwards and upwards NS !!
:fireworks2:nyv:nyy:nyu:nyr

workoholic 09-06-2014 02:33 AM

Cheers guys! You're doing great!

BLKDIESEL 09-06-2014 04:08 AM

~~Food For Thought ~ Superb Saturday Edition~~
~~Things To Appreciate 2Day~~

~A peaceful, mindful present~

The best way to prepare for the future is to take care of the present. Goodbyes will always hurt a little. Photographs can never replace the act of being there. Memories, good and bad, will sometimes bring tears. And words can never perfectly describe the feelings they represent. But that’s OK. Pain is real. But so is hope. You have to make peace with your past in order to keep your present and future from becoming hopeless battles.

~The good in everything.~

The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. Train your mind to see the good in everything. Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the breeze through the trees, the small child learning to walk, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the sun on your skin. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for the beauty of each precious moment.

~Life’s surprises~

Notice and cherish life’s surprises. Just because it’s not what you were expecting, doesn’t mean it’s not everything you’ve been waiting for. So take a deep breath when you’re rejected from something good. It often means you’re being redirected to something better. Be patient. Be positive. Keep going.

~The challenges that strengthen you~

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been otherwise. So give every opportunity a chance – leave no room for regrets. It takes courage to change and grow and become who you really are. Your struggle is part of your story. And it’s a story worth writing.

~Being YOU~

You’re an original, an individual, a masterpiece. Celebrate it! Don’t let your uniqueness make you shy. Don’t be someone other than the wonder you are. Everyone has their own dreams, their own struggles, and a different path that makes sense for them. You are YOU for a reason. Own it. BY: ANGEL CHERNOFF

~Have a great Saturday all, I off to make today great. Njoy the moments~

BLKDIESEL 09-06-2014 08:21 AM

Great to hear from you Brooksie, keep on progressing and be sure to hit us up to celebrate the year milestone.

Uninvited 09-07-2014 07:22 AM

Congrats to all with anniversaries. Only 53 days here but still going strong. Urges to celebrate/reward myself with beer occasionally pop up but for the most part I hardly think about it.

Dee74 09-07-2014 02:16 PM

Congrats on 53 days UI :)

D

Kaneda8888 09-07-2014 05:11 PM

Statistically speaking...

...I am now classified as a non-drinker. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, if you have not drunk alcohol for the past 12 months then you are a non-drinker :) Yay for being a non !!

Seriously though, I am so enormously indebted to you all, my dear dear Septemberites. It is still fresh in my mind, the struggle and anguish I suffered after trying so many times to stay stopped prior to stumbling upon SR. I had been attending AA meetings, doing meditation, receiving therapy, exercising and I still could not stop completely. One week or so after joining SR and our class, I stopped and have stayed that way ever since. A coincidence ? I think not !!!

Life is constantly changing and I have my challenges just like everyone else. But I choose to face them now. It may be scary and daunting but I am willing and prepared to accept the outcome, whatever they may be.

Bless you all for being here and I send all my love

K