Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 32

Old 03-05-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks blk, will keep in mind.

Hope all is well Fishy?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Just checking in here, its been a ghost town. Hope all is well with you all,,,,just getting ready for Spring's official arrival. Blessings 2 all.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Same to you Blk though it is autumn here!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Hi everyone!! I must say that it is heart warming to see your avatars!! It kind of feels like home. Thanks for checking in, NL! Keep coming back!

I wanted to check in also. I'm still sober! Not much has changed and yet so much has changed. My life is getting bigger. More opportunities are opening up for me. I'm still on the 3rd step. My sponsor says that I cannot move on to 4 until I do a 90 in 90 and I have been kicking and screaming!!

I'm working on an original pilot right now, which I am really excited about! I've also gotten involved in a nonprofit in my neighborhood and it looks like there's a good chance that I will be able to parlay that into a job opportunity!!

I'm also doing The Artist's Way with 3 people from the pothead fellowship. I've been a lot more involved in that fellowship, as it is smaller and more intimate and less overwhelming than NYC AA, but I still co-chair an AA meditation meeting! I'm halfway though the Artist Way book and it has been life-altering!! On so many levels.

I am slowly piecing my life together and the picture looks really good so far!! Lots of progress, but I still have a long way to go and much to improve upon.

Much love to everyone!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yay Brooksie! So great to hear from you! I have been thinking about you lately and something told me to check in here this morning, even though I haven't been on for quite while. I am so happy to know you are doing well. Way to go!

I am doing fine, too. Nothing is new, yet lots is, if you know what I mean. But anything new is family kind of stuff. I am still sober, feeling stronger on some day than others, but I am ok with that.

I hope everyone else is doing ok. I would love an update from everyone else!
Old 03-24-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Brooksie
Old 03-24-2015, 03:00 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Oh my message got deleted ! Start again..

Br00ksie, great to hear from you especially with all the positive stuff. It really warms my heart. You sound so full of life and happiness ! Super great !!

Grace, great to hear from you too ! YOu sound strong and enjoying family life. Isnt it simply grand to enjoy family ?

My life has been tough but I am surviving. My start up isnt going well so I have been on a job hunt for the past months. Its not easy and there are times when I have felt quite bleak. However, I do try hard and refocus on the present, be grateful for what I have and look forward. Fortunately and I am very grateful for this, I havent had the urge to drink. There are times when the thought of a drink idly passes my mind but when I blink, the thought disappears. I get a lot of happiness from my kids and my weekly dharma is very precious to me. Anyway, I will keep trucking forward .

Love to all !
Old 04-08-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone's doing well!

I'm doing well with not drinking, I am 17 sober days in a row currently.

In February I drank 4 times. In March I drank once (17 days ago).

I want this. It feels SO good to wake up without a hangover every day.

I have thoughts of wanting to use alcohol when I get stressed, but then I think of everything that implies for me- how utterly sick I am the next few days after drinking, how something awful always happens, how if I drink it is a guaranteed blackout session. My body turned a corner the last year of my drinking and there is something inside of me that is convinced I will die if I drink and lose everything important to me first.

I make some chamomile tea instead and snuggle in bed to read. Every morning I wake up sober is so delicious. That feeling is so precious to me so I choose to focus on that every time I get a craving.

This has been the easiest of all 12000000 times I have ever tried to quit. I like being sober. It's interesting. I like lounging in bed sober when I have the time, it's yummyyyyy to be lazy sober! I have more money. My skin looks fantastic. My eyes are scary clear and focused. I am gaining a sense of peace and tranquility, moments at a time. I'm figuring out what I want the rest of this year to look like, one day at a time.

I love ya, Septies. Hope to hear from everyone soon!

xoxo,
Melina
Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Melina

D
Old 04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It is so good to see everybody back together I hope everyone is doing great.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:13 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hey Melina and Fishy

Great to hear from you ! Hope all is well !

Melina, when I was trying to stay abstinent, I also began to taper down over a 6 month period. My psych I was seeing at the time, was always positive about my reduced drinking despite the fact that I was frustrated at not being able to stay stopped. Then finally I managed 7 days in a row and was jubilant about that. The next time I saw my psych, she smiled broadly and asked me to review my past 6 months drinking volumes which I hadn't considered before. I realised that slowly, slowly, over the 6 months prior to staying stopped, my drinking had gone down dramatically to the point where I considered a relapse being 1 drink. From her perspective, she was confident I could stay stopped eventually. It was simply a matter of time. Of course, she didnt mention that to me until I did stay stopped !! So, keep going Melina ! You can do this !
Old 04-16-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Checking and happy to see that we are making progress. Staying sober myself, I simply have to if I want to prevent chaos and destruction in my life.
Winter's been tough emotionally but I pulled through without any real vacation or break. Really do get sun starved towards mid-late winter.
Haven't found a local AA group where I live in Denmark yet, but I better do it soon, I miss the company of other sufferers (sounds strange doesn't it?).
Old 04-20-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

You are the best guys, Fishy, Kaneda and Work!

It's very cool to see the Septie power is strong. How are you doing, my people of Sep 13?

I miss Plenny and Renarde and the Peanut Butter Lady and Lorelei and Rochele and Miss Liilian and Brooksie and our GotGrace and so many!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:01 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

(((((Melina))))))
Old 04-20-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do it Melina Congrats on 17 days
Old 04-20-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some of the Septemberites are around in other threads

D
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi all, so good to see familiar names here, Im still around... currently 81 days sober, so nearly 3months now- hope it sticks this time!

Hope everyone is well, time sure does go fast. Love and best wishes to all.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Keep going 1Step ! It gets easier, one day at a time !
Old 04-21-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go 1step

D
Old 04-26-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi Everyone!

It IS nice to see old friends here.

I even enjoyed visiting old friends in the forum's smilie garage. Hard to not smile in there, that's for sure.

Sounds like many are doing well at being sober. That's so amazing!

I am not sober, but I am not in a bad place. I've often wondered if I was an alcoholic, ever since I started here that long ago September. I don't think I am, which is why moderation has always been such temptation for me. Still, I think I am dependent on alcohol, which is just as harmful to my spirit as alcoholism.

I can have two beers and be done. No embarrassing moments, no blackouts. When I'm home though, I need a drink in my hand. Any chance I get to have a glass of wine, I take it. Not to excess, but definitely a hit on the drug. I'm weird. If it were classic alcoholism, it would be easier for me to see the light.

So, here I go again on the sober train. I just got a promotion this month and I need to get sharp. Today is day 1. I'll go see if April 2015 is a fun group like this one. Those a big shoes to fill.

The real bummer is that when I was sober before, I lost 25 pounds and now it's back. Why couldn't it stay lost? Here is chubby Lillian...

I'd like that clear look that Melina was just talking about. I remember how great that felt. Skin bright, eyes sharp, lovely feeling in the morning. And my clothes fit!

My love to you all. I think of this group often and I thank you for being who you are. It's inspirational.