View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  
BLKDIESEL

Originally Posted by NewLeaf View Post
Thought I'd check in since rejoining SR for the umpteenth time but thinking of you all while away. I always feel duplicitous posting when I'm back to the denial phase.

Have I been good at moderate drinking? "Yes," in that I haven't gone overboard. But "no," in that I'm back to chronic depression and feeling more anxiety in general. It's just too tempting to self medicate, and I don't want to keep considering that option.

I signed up for the February 2015 class and hope it's my last new one. I've also joined the One Year and Under thread, because I needed to set a new goal. I realize just how wonderful the six and a half months I had last year were. I want that again, and more.

Bear with me as I figure out all that's going on now in your lives. I have little time now that I'm helping my 83 year old Father out. He has ongoing medical issues, and I'm getting his two properties ready for sale right now (no small feat given some issues).

Anyway, have a good day... hugs to all, and I'll be back way more often.

NL
Great to hear from you New Leaf, just remember this all a process and what solution works for some does not always work for others. Build on the 6 and a half months you had last year, you now have a better sample size of a longer period of sobriety and "moderated drinking" to see which one serves you better. Look forward to updates from you.