Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I take it back Gilmer, the mistake wasn't yours, I just saw it on the 24 thread!

Marcher, why does the 24 thread think you only have 11 months?? I think you need to update them hon! X
Old 08-03-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hey toots, how 'bout you talk about your issues and lean on us for awhile. I know I owe you support big time. Not posting would just be more isolating, wouldn't it?
Old 08-03-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

OH Toots..........please don't be angry at yourself. I mean this in the nicest possible way. You have been the matriarch of the Marchers. I know, were I to meet you in person, the first thing you would do is give me a huge hug.......and I would love it and not want to let go. You are obviously of high intellect and your wise words never leave me, they continue to ring in my ears. I read your posts and I think about them all day, they often bring if not a smile to my face, they bring clarity. I'm sorry you're feeling as you are, but in a way i'm glad you are opening up and putting your words/emotions/thoughts to script. I know you're not a true blood Scot but from your time living there you'll have learned and most probably adopted our stoicism.......that's not always a good thing. Let it out Toots. I'm so sorry that you are angry at yourself, please don't be. I know i've never met you, but we've spoken and I know you are a wonderful person, a person I would value and be proud to call a friend.

Hello Marchers. I could have put my message to Toots in a PM.......perhaps I should have but I just want all cards on the table. We're a pretty tight knit group now, we've all been through some challenges over the past 17 months. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my dear Mum. Shoes we experienced that loss not too far apart, that pain never goes away. But Shoes, reading your happy rambling posts always makes me smile. I know you're feeling the pain of grief but you just get on with it, which gives me a boost.

Marcher, is there anyone in the planet more consistent than you? I look forward to turning on my comp every day and reading your posts. There's a little reassurance there, even when the forum may have quiet spells, I know I can log in and read Mrs Marchers sunny post. The daily weather update makes me laugh cause, like you, I don't handle cold very well, I value every bit of sunshine I can find.

Gilmer, I haven't properly read your undies post but I know you're struggling with getting off effexor. I'm also on Venlafaxine, it's a terrible drug to get off. I'm trying to reduce from 225 mg. I've read of people splitting the capsules open and literally counting out the beads and reducing one by on each day. I'm not sure if I'd have the patience or time to do that. The only suggestion I can give you is, give yourself time. You required the drug for a reason and i'm assuming it did it's job at the time? From reading all the posts you write I know you've the strength to get through this.

It's way past my bed time. Big shout out to all Marchers i've not addressed. I went to my fifth AA meeting in four days tonight. It was a very comforting meeting.....basically cause there were so many home truths being shared that I could relate to. I loved it though. All my doubts about AA are gone. I just keep asking myself, why didn't I do this earlier. I am truly loving it and every night I go online looking for the next meeting I can attend! Finally all, I think i've got this sobriety thing under my belt.

Quick shout out to you Sass. I hope your move has went as well as moves can go and you're content in your new abode.

Ok, I better get some sleep. This has been a long one. I won't use the 'S' word but I had a lot to say tonight, thanks for listening.

As always, much love

Jx
Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't drop the S-bomb, Life! :-p

I am a lot better today with the Venlafaxine (Effexor) withdrawal than I was two days ago. Thanks for asking. I asked about it a lot on the mental health forum before I went off it, and I'm chronicling my own withdrawal in a thread there now. Seems that the fourth day was rock bottom--I turned into a shrieking gorgon in a public place!

But I seemed to have returned to normal now.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I turned into a shrieking gorgon...
scribble
Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Old 08-03-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Mistake corrected:

Congratulations Marcher and Budd on 17 months!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Not til next Saturday for 17 months. Special Olympics time again this year, will be volunteering my next 7 Sundays for their bowling practices.

No smoking didn't make it through day 3, but I will keep quitting til it takes hold.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

It's nice of you to volunteer, Ken!
Old 08-03-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Paradise can't decide whether to be sunny and blue or overcast but I've taken my chances with three loads of washing on the line.

Ken getting through a few days of not smoking was an achievement and you will get there. I actually tapered for about two years and maybe that method might help you? I couldn't smoke at work and I banned myself from smoking outside work and when driving -- that took out hours of the day. Gradually I tapered down to only smoking when I was drinking, so when I stopped drinking that was it.

Thanks Toots for the Heads Up on 11 months, Kenny and I are flying down to 17!!

Have a good Sumonday peeps.

ETA: Toots it just dawned on me why they think I have 11 months: I would have written 9/3/13 which I read as 9th March but the Americans read as 3rd Sept!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

That would also explain why they thought it was 3rd, I felt you were a little later.

Shoes I believe has already celebrated her 17 though, right Shoes?? How's the no smoking going? I bet you have washed every item of clothing you own!

When I visit my dear MIL the first thing I do when I get home is strip and put everything in the laundry. I made the mistake of putting a Jersey back in the wardrobe one time and made everything else stink! ( yes Budd, Trachy, sorry if it puts you off your breakfast, I do walk around the house nekked an awful lot, not usually in front of company though! )

Marcher I miss having a line here. For the first time in a gazillion years I have the weather to hang out clothes and no line to hang them on. Everything gets tumbled.

Budd, what options have you considered re stopping smoking? Ecig, patches, hypnosis? The guy that wrote the stop drinking book wrote a stop smoking book first. I cannae mind his name just now but I bet it's in SR somewhere, I think there is a book thread. I quit smoking every Monday for months until I woke up one Tuesday ( after succumbing teatime the day before-again!) and decided ok enough messing about this is it. Never smoked again. Well, not cigarettes anyhoo!

Thank you all for your thoughts and words, fact is, there isn't anything really I need to offload, I just needed to be honest with myself about the way I was living and why. All my life I have preferred the world of fiction, I can people my world with the characters of my choosing, and it is my happy place.the problem is it isn't living I need to figure why I prefer it there, what I am missing from life that I am seeking in fiction and find a healthy balance.

Happy Monday My March Buddies. Have A a great Week
Old 08-04-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

A super quick one - moving was a nightmare in some ways, mostly because my body is getting old! I could tell the exact vertebra in my back where my osteoporosis is worst :-(

Not recovered yet, home still a mess. I probably won't be on here much for the next few days. Gotta run for appt. with addiction counselor this am.

(((Hugs)))
Old 08-04-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Have a good appointment, Sass. There is always such organized chaos going into the front end of moving that most people are totally burnt out once they get into the new place. Boxes can sit for years without being opened!

I actually know of a lady who likes to empty her moving boxes and had them all put away in two days! And she's got two toddlers! She lives on Jupiter.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mornin'!

Ken, If you want to do the ecigs check out madvapes.com Best prices I've found. Great customer service.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Venus, if you're still reading this thread, have a happy milestone day!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hi, Babs! I see you lurking!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

hi Gilmer !!!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

A quick update - met with addictions counselor today. I will be attending an intensive outpatient program 3 days per week that runs all morning. l am going to beat this thing once and for all! If that program doesn't work for me, then they recommend inpatient rehab. Am feeling much more hopeful that I can permanently do this!
Old 08-04-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Give it your all, Sass! It sounds really interesting, and like it will really engage you on several levels.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Where did that come from???

I'm beboppin' around this morn doin' my thing: errands, job hunting, scheduling part time work, about to sort all this camping gear and repack it when all of a sudden:

BAM! "I want a drink!" so strong I could see my self grabbing my keys and heading out the door. WTF?