Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 08-02-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Phebe, it's good to see you back, partly because of course we miss you but mainly because it means you are ready to try again.
I totally understand how difficult it is to function without a routine, since we came across to Boston on visas I am not allowed to work. I found a volunteer job but that is only a few hours a week.
I feel your situation has many issues; you have not routine, you are isolated, you feel life has no direction, your fall back 'friend' alcohol, is the only regular in your life.
So options; find something to do, paid or volunteer. Get into a fitness routine which forces you to get up early in the morning every morning through the week. Find a local coffee shop and begin going there regularly, become a familiar face. How is the relationship with your BF? Are you both happy? Are you glad you moved? It sounds like you have some talking to do if you are turning to alcohol instead of him to resolve your problems. Make yourself a promise 'i will not drink today' and then begin to write a list of ways to improve your lot.

And now I have to listen to my own advice and do most of what I have just told you to do!!!!! Let's help each other here. I may not be drinking, but I am going through many of the same things otherwise. Pm me anytime if you want to share notes!

Life, sleep can be caught up on, meetings can't be rescheduled. Would you have overslept a psyche appt? Set your alarm, force yourself up. It is too easy to excuse yourself honey.

Gilmer, ((((hugs)))) we spoke already elsewhere, so you know I am here for you always.

Sass, I hope you are getting settled in the new gaff.

Trachy, my main man, well done. That sounds so insignificant a congratulation for how you dodged a bullet, but I can't really put in words the pride I feel for you being able willing and ready to do the right thing. Go find a mirror, give yourself a big grin and a thumbs up, and consider your self Hi Fived!!

Marcher, psychic too??

Duff such wonderful support as always honey.

Mesoso can we get an update on how life is going for you sweetie. Xx

Hugs and strength to all my lovely Marchers, stick close this weekend, if the March class is quiet, there is always someone somewhere ready to lend an ear. ( though if any more Marchers infiltrate the Undies, we may need to rename it!! )
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

How about "Marching Around In Our Undies?"
Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Best name ever!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I've just received a message from one of my closest friends and ex house mate. Her Dad has just passed away from CJD, the rarest form, he's the 12th person to be diagnosed. She found out the diagnosis when they did a brain biopsy the day her plane touched down from Oz. Not sure why i'm telling you all but i'm devastated for her, I think I just kind of need an outlet to stop me turning to the bottle.

Toots I have over slept with my psyche before, I needed sleep, simple as that.
Enough of the lectures, i'm sick of them
Old 08-02-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

So sorry about your friend's dad, Life. What is CJD?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Well done Trach! Well done.
Yes, those darn golf tournaments...right up there with weddings. I've read about more relapses at weddings than I care to. I'm almost scared to go to one now. Just kidding.

Anyway. Good job Trach. You got this. All those things you were feeling are all the ones that could do me in if I didn't watch it. But...no way, you did what normal healthy people do...they take care of themselves. How's that feel Buddy? You took care of yourself!! Hungry?...go eat something. Tired?...go rest? Lonely?...go be helpful or go talk to someone. Those normal healthy people are geniuses aren't they? Why couldn't I have figured that one out years ago?

Hope you are feeling better Gilmer.
xoxo
Old 08-02-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Boo. I wish I could find nicotine anonymous meetings. I'm doing pretty darn good but I got spoiled with all the support here with quitting drinking and now I want it for quitting smoking. You all spoiled me.

Day 6 and I'm doing just fine. Woke up this morning and thought oh oh. This might be a tough day. Oh well, still not going to smoke so let it be tough. Anyhoo, got going with my tea to my patio and it's a beautiful day, I don't stink, I have lots of energy, my anxiety level is almost nil and my manfriend has 2 job offers. Took one..starts on Monday but still could look at the 2nd if he wants to. I lean towards the nonprofit one because he's a poet at heart and very kind and I hate to see that go to waste because he's the kind of guy who can make a difference...but I digress and it's his life so I keep my opinions to myself. It's turned into one beautiful day.

Anyhoo again. Don't mind me. And just ignore me. I like staying positive if I can so it helps me to blab. Just blabbing.

My BFF quit smoking too but she wants to be left alone and I understand. I'm more the lets rally and blab about how great this is. She wants to just take the first week and sleep through it. I don't have anyone to blab about how great this is to so you are stuck with me.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Trach, job well done! I spend a lot of time around golf tourneys and they are pretty much centered around drinking. Glad you kept us all with you and made it through -- how good do you feel this morning??
After four strips of bacon, three easy-over eggs, two slices of toast and one glass of tomato juice...quite human.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

So sorry about your friend's dad, Life. What is CJD?
Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease Gilmer. It's the human form of mad cow's disease. It's contracted from eating contaminated beef. It was rife in the 80's with thousands of cattle slaughtered. That's why anyone who lived in the UK between 1980 and 1998 can't donate blood or tissues outside of the UK.

It's an extremely nasty disease which basically causes the brain to develop holes. Some people can progressively and slowly develop this condition and soon that respect I guess my friends Dad was lucky that it happened in a matter of weeks. My heart is aching for her.

Gilmer, i'm heading to the undies page to read about you as i've learned you have troubles and i'm not sure what. Whatever it is, I hope it resolves soon as you are an amazing person and you are always here for everyone.

I'll be back. xx
Old 08-02-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say hello to all, Happy August, and my prayers go out to those suffering at this time.

My son called with fantastic news: His fiance's visa has been approved!!!
They estimate she will receive it in 1-3 weeks. Once she gets it, they have 6 months to get married... we are all feeling so much relief and happiness...definitely worth the wait, and the ups and downs, emotional turmoil.

I am at the library to do a bit of online bill paying and to read a bit here on SR... will babysit soon for Berkeley... son and wife will drop puppy off this evening, as they want an early start on Sunday morning to the Renaissance Festival. If anyone gets bored, just google it, held Summertime in the area of Larkspur, CO... I think my daughter in law will wear a headpiece made with flowers/ribbons or some such to get into the spirit of the place.

I have actually never been -as heat + crowds does not = a happy 1day, but I enjoy the pictures and the tales my children bring back after each visit.

Take care and know you are all in my thoughts!
Old 08-02-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Happy August, 1Day! That's great that your son's fiance is now all clear to marry your son! Hope they have a good time at the festival!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

hugs for everyone who needs them today

D
Old 08-02-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Sunny, blue, windy -- check. Today is not the sort of temperature last Sunday was so I'm glad we are only five for lunch.

Toots of course I'm psychic -- I have black Irish heritage and a helluva lot of Scots!

I wish you could all come over for lunch, we are having an old fashioned Sunday lunch -- roast pork and veg. I would make my new vegan curry for you veggos.

Have a good day peeps!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You say "veggos" like it's a bad thing.

I'm with you. Pass the pork.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=lifetplant
Toots I have over slept with my psyche before, I needed sleep, simple as that.
Enough of the lectures, i'm sick of them[/QUOTE]

You're right, I apologise
Old 08-02-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I apologise also Toots. I'm trying my best to remain sober and i'm just so upset for my friend, it's all been so sudden. I guess you kinda touched a raw nerve. I don't want to make a public display. We are all here for support and I truly value a lot of your wise words and guidance. Onwards and upwards toots my big Sis. x
Old 08-02-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

What a horrible disease, Life. No wonder you're upset!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS, Marcher, on 11 months today!

(I originally made a typo: congratulations on 11 moths!)
Old 08-03-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Actually Gilmer you made 2 typos! It should be 17 months! And that goes for Budd too if today is their sober birthday at, as they are sober twins!!

Life, I am angry at myself at the moment for not doing enough to make myself move forward, I have spent too long isolating and telling myself I am doing ok, when I am just spending too much time alone. Because of that I am reading too much into what others are posting and taking it out on them. I may need to curb my comments for a while until I can be sure I am trying to help someone with their issues rather than talking about my own.
I know that you are really giving it your best and have made real strides in looking for ways forward this time.

Gilmer how are you doing with the med change over? Xx