Notices

Class of March 2013 part 30

Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Update. Spoke with a recommended Detox centre from one of the people I met with in AA last week. He's taken my details but it's after 5pm. He's said someone will call me back in the morning, they've got beds and its highly likely that i'll be able to be admitted next week as they don't do weekend admissions. I now just need to wait on what they have to say then break the bad news to work that on my final weeks of working i'm taking 7 days off to detox, oh joy!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

DD, we posted at the same time. Ihaven't read your post yet as I see it's a long one but I read the first couple of lines. 7K v's life..............I don't even have 7K but I want a life. I'm hoping the cheap option of 7 days detox will surmise.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

suffice nor surmise. My English teacher mother would be rolling in her grave at my poor grammar!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
DD, we posted at the same time. Ihaven't read your post yet as I see it's a long one but I read the first couple of lines. 7K v's life..............I don't even have 7K but I want a life. I'm hoping the cheap option of 7 days detox will surmise.
Detox is great. It will get the poison out of your body. But it won't teach you how to stay sober. Residential rehab following detox is highly recommended.

And the $7k is including my cost of the hospital expenses from being in a coma on life support in the ICU before I went to inpatient rehab. You don't deserve that experience. No one does. But it could happen to any of us. I certainly didn't think it would happen to me. It did.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Amazing post DD, amazing. Thank you, i'm speechless.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope something here can help.

I agree with DD - detox is great but it doesn't solve the problem of what to do after that.

Getting Started

A residential alcohol | Other drugs rehabilitation service for women | women with children

Chapter 9. DRUG AND ALCOHOL AGENCIES

D
Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

What a fantastic, helpful, and empowering post, DD! Thank you for sharing it (I hate that phony cliche, too--"Thanks for sharing!"--but I mean it).

Life, I'm glad you made that call. The chips will fall where they may with your job. They may support your decision 100% for all you know!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

DD, I could write a paean in reply to your wonderful post! But I will simply say a big "thanks!" For some amazing insights and thoughts. I will reread and ponder. You are so inspiring in what you write, but much more important, in what you've accomplished and how u on are continuing to grow! I know you're a guy but this old lady is going to give you a (((hug))) anyway!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:45 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Life, i think this has been an amazing bunch of hours (and 2 years) for both of us. I'm so glad that you have a plan in hand! I do hope you'll look for an inpatient longer program but "a journey ... begins with a single step". Ours started with joining SR. Now we have the opportunity to move beyond joining, learning, meeting lots of wonderful people, learning about being sober and trying to be sober but not making it. We have a good shot at getting the support we need to get there and feeling better about ourselves. And i know we have oodles of loving support here! We'll work this together.

and any other Marchers still struggling as we are will be most happily welcome!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

We look forward to hearing about your experiences and insights, Life!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I have been reading but life is getting more and more hectic by the day so I'm limited in my times to post.

Such great stuff going on here right now!!!!

DD, amazing and honest post and thanks for sharing.

Life, I am noticing a difference in your attitude with your latest posts -- my friend, I'm sure you are going to beat this.

Ok, things should hopefully slow down a bit soon? Will share more when I'm not rushing off to somewhere or too exhausted to type
Old 08-07-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

(((Duff)))
Old 08-07-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

DD, that was an amazing post.

Life, I hope you take this on the terms you need to and go out tomorrow and get the help that is there waiting for you. The 7K DD mentioned was, in part, stuff you don't need to consider -- yet. Yet is a fine line, however, "yet" is something about to happen.

Life please stop working at home, when you choose that option you are choosing drinking.

ETA There are times I feel ashamed and unworthy because I didn't walk the conventional or rehab recovery path. But I do my own path of honesty every day, here at SR, it's different for all of us.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:55 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

marching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zSohwsuKIQ
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's the Aussie spirit right there too, Marcher - Proud
Thanks

D
Old 08-07-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 496 (permalink)