Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 26! I can't believe I will have a month in two days! So excited!

Kat - Good luck with the run tomorrow! I need to build up some endurance before I can run a 5k! I've started doing pilates though (and it's kicking my butt lol)!

Obo - Good luck in HK! You just need to remember that you are in control of your life. You've done such a fantastic job of completing 28 days sober. You are on your way now!

Up - I am on my way to your neck of the woods (though further South) tomorrow with my family. Can't wait to get to the beach!

To everyone else, have a great wonderful holiday weekend! Stay sober and enjoy
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I love the beach just not as much on holidays.

Maybe we can meet sometime this summer when you are down.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Don't forget the Duck (I will be sitting next to Izzy, UP, and obosob)!

ST - I think we all should cut ourselves some slack more often. I am the master at self-criticism!

Applekat - Good luck on your 5K -that sounds like fun! I had a short run this morning but am hoping to hit the treadmill tonight for some serious soul searching sweat equity!

Adnamaeel - love your post and its inclusiveness! What is going on in your world?

Chick - I now officially have chicken envy!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and are looking forward to a productive and restful weekend.

Pan
Old 05-23-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Do you walk around saying "Aflac" pan?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Mental note to come up with witty retort later....

Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi again,

Just thinking about how difficult it is to love and care about ourselves better, and wanted to share an aha moment with you all.

A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old photos with my mum. I came across one of me as a child. I took the time to really see, see in to the eyes of this little, innocent face. I was struck by the thought that I had a responsibility to do the best I could for that little girl, for the life she had in front of her. It was a strange sense which I can't explain exactly. I just felt such compassion for everything she had in front of her, for all the good and bad decisions she would make.

I felt that she deserved to love and to be loved, she deserved happiness and health. Just like every other child.

I wonder what will go through the mind of the person I will be in 20 or 30 years time when looking back at a photo of me now. Will I have the same compassion, or even more perhaps.
I hope so.

I'm going to ask my mum if I can have the photo, just to help remind me of my responsibility to live wholeheartedly.

As you can see, I'm taking (another) kindle break.
Time for some peppermint tea.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Remember ST we are here for you. Did you check out that site Normi mentioned?
im going to when I get off work, I need to go pick up my fiancés ring and make the first payment also...gonna def check the site first tho
And thank you
Old 05-23-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Hi again, Just thinking about how difficult it is to love and care about ourselves better, and wanted to share an aha moment with you all. A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old photos with my mum. I came across one of me as a child. I took the time to really see, see in to the eyes of this little, innocent face. I was struck by the thought that I had a responsibility to do the best I could for that little girl, for the life she had in front of her. It was a strange sense which I can't explain exactly. I just felt such compassion for everything she had in front of her, for all the good and bad decisions she would make. I felt that she deserved to love and to be loved, she deserved happiness and health. Just like every other child. I wonder what will go through the mind of the person I will be in 20 or 30 years time when looking back at a photo of me now. Will I have the same compassion, or even more perhaps. I hope so. I'm going to ask my mum if I can have the photo, just to help remind me of my responsibility to live wholeheartedly. As you can see, I'm taking (another) kindle break. Time for some peppermint tea.
that's really sweet
Old 05-23-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I def need some moments like that, thanks for sharing
Old 05-23-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats on 30 days pan.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You made me teary Free. It made me wonder what would I say to kid me?

Pan- I've asked hubby for a duck. That is a no go... we need a small pond... I wonder if my boys could dig a pond? lol. Dangerous thinking!! Hehe!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I am going to have to keep an eye on Animal Hoarders for chick.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freein14 View Post
Hi again, Just thinking about how difficult it is to love and care about ourselves better, and wanted to share an aha moment with you all. A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old photos with my mum. I came across one of me as a child. I took the time to really see, see in to the eyes of this little, innocent face. I was struck by the thought that I had a responsibility to do the best I could for that little girl, for the life she had in front of her. It was a strange sense which I can't explain exactly. I just felt such compassion for everything she had in front of her, for all the good and bad decisions she would make. I felt that she deserved to love and to be loved, she deserved happiness and health. Just like every other child. I wonder what will go through the mind of the person I will be in 20 or 30 years time when looking back at a photo of me now. Will I have the same compassion, or even more perhaps. I hope so. I'm going to ask my mum if I can have the photo, just to help remind me of my responsibility to live wholeheartedly. As you can see, I'm taking (another) kindle break. Time for some peppermint tea.
i was actually thinking this the the other night but a different way, I had photos from when I was in middle school, running track and healthy kinda loving life, and looked at photos of me now and I'm like "what went wrong?"
I don't really like being anonymous so I'll gladly share

image-615618788.jpg

image-749119313.jpg

And

image-2571295167.jpg

image-643841994.jpg

image-1593839287.jpg

image-4278792262.jpg
Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am going to have to keep an eye on Animal Hoarders for chick.
haha!
Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Do you exercise ST? Maybe that might help, you could run along the beach when you have time.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Do you exercise ST? Maybe that might help, you could run along the beach when you have time.
i used to be insanely active but lately no, every time I start I usually get a headache and just stop, I don't feel out of shape in any sense, but not active
Old 05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Am I the only one here that dosent use religion as a major factor in their recovery? I'm just curious.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I don't. Grew up Catholic and was confirmed. But non-practicing right now.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I don't. Grew up Catholic and was confirmed. But non-practicing right now.
i was too, my reason being, the more and more I read, god seems to be the lowest common denominator to a huge percentage of it. It's not that I don't "believe" or this that and the 3rd, I honestly would drive myself mad trying to prove or disprove religion to myself, so it's something that is not a part of my life, and I like it that way very much. I just can't really use like legit 80% of the material there. I wish that could be a part of my life I embraced and can use but I just can't, it's frustrating at the same time cause as soon as I hear those 3 letters together, I kinda stop reading by this point. Seriously, it's not that I don't believe or feel faith in things, it's honestly on a level as I could be utilizing the time reading something else that would benefit me, or at least impact my mind on a level that god can for others.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I know I'm not the only person in my shoes that has gotten sober, and still lived a semi happy life...