View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
freein14

Hi again,

Just thinking about how difficult it is to love and care about ourselves better, and wanted to share an aha moment with you all.

A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old photos with my mum. I came across one of me as a child. I took the time to really see, see in to the eyes of this little, innocent face. I was struck by the thought that I had a responsibility to do the best I could for that little girl, for the life she had in front of her. It was a strange sense which I can't explain exactly. I just felt such compassion for everything she had in front of her, for all the good and bad decisions she would make.

I felt that she deserved to love and to be loved, she deserved happiness and health. Just like every other child.

I wonder what will go through the mind of the person I will be in 20 or 30 years time when looking back at a photo of me now. Will I have the same compassion, or even more perhaps.
I hope so.

I'm going to ask my mum if I can have the photo, just to help remind me of my responsibility to live wholeheartedly.

As you can see, I'm taking (another) kindle break.
Time for some peppermint tea.