Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 9

Old 05-23-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love your pics ST!

Freein- that made me teary too. What a great perspective to have. Hope you're enjoying your relaxing day!

Chick- I think I missed the post about your chickens? I'm using an app and it's taking some getting used to. We enjoy our chickens- I especially enjoy the eggs.

Adna- For a math project we figured out once that it would be difficult to make money with our few chickens, anyway... But we save a lot by not having to buy eggs. And they're cute .

Really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts today! It'll be a pretty relaxing weekend at our house(hopefully!).
Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Freein, what a beautiful post, and wonderful idea. Thank you.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Free that was beautiful, I didn't want to seem all sappy admitting it.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Solitary, I don't practice any version of religion, and was raised as a minimally practicing Jew. I think we need to use whatever will work for us in achieving sobriety, and though I don't follow any religion, I believe strongly in honesty, integrity, humility, and love, so those are what I work with.
From what you said about getting headaches when you try to exercise, and looking at the photos you posted, I don't think you drink enough water. Staying hydrated is really important. I try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, preferably more. I have a one liter water bottle, so it's easy to keep track.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Izzy, that's the best possible way to teach and learn math, as it applies to life. I wish I'd gotten to be your student.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Adna- I wish you could be their art teacher! I think my oldest daughter especially would really enjoy and learn much being around someone like you .
Old 05-23-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Solitary, I don't practice any version of religion, and was raised as a minimally practicing Jew. I think we need to use whatever will work for us in achieving sobriety, and though I don't follow any religion, I believe strongly in honesty, integrity, humility, and love, so those are what I work with. From what you said about getting headaches when you try to exercise, and looking at the photos you posted, I don't think you drink enough water. Staying hydrated is really important. I try to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, preferably more. I have a one liter water bottle, so it's easy to keep track.
i believe the same honestly, and thank you.
Yes I def need to drink more water, last time I was at any type of doctor (which was a hospital) I took in 3 bags and they wanted to give me a 4th. I could absolutely eat more as well just in general, good or bad food, I was eating a bunch when I first stopped drinking but that faded and I kinda pick like a bird all day, without getting stoned off weed I don't have much appatite anymore. I do drink a lot of water at work but also caffeine which kinda drys you back out also. Another thing to add to the daily growing list...
Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

freein, I came across a talk by a Buddhist monk one time who recommended something similar as a way of generating compassion for someone who's giving us difficulty in life. Never occurred to me that it would work on myself, too. I've been my own worst enemy many times.

Feelin' pretty ragged today. I did my last workout of the week and just stood in the shower for a while. Think I'm going to forget about my diet for the rest of today and try to relax until work tonight. Hopefully that will go smoothly.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

So how is everyone?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just thinking about how difficult it is to love and care about ourselves better, and wanted to share an aha moment with you all.

A couple of weeks ago I was going through some old photos with my mum. I came across one of me as a child. I took the time to really see, see in to the eyes of this little, innocent face. I was struck by the thought that I had a responsibility to do the best I could for that little girl, for the life she had in front of her. It was a strange sense which I can't explain exactly. I just felt such compassion for everything she had in front of her, for all the good and bad decisions she would make.

I felt that she deserved to love and to be loved, she deserved happiness and health. Just like every other child.

I wonder what will go through the mind of the person I will be in 20 or 30 years time when looking back at a photo of me now. Will I have the same compassion, or even more perhaps.
I hope so.

I'm going to ask my mum if I can have the photo, just to help remind me of my responsibility to live wholeheartedly.

As you can see, I'm taking (another) kindle break.
Time for some peppermint tea

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kittenme , ... I'm going to try what you've mentioned ..."as a way of generating compassion for someone who's giving us difficulty in life"

Freein, ...thank you for the brilliant insight. I could read all month long and not find something as useful as this. Looking back, I've always given myself a real tough time, .....or as Kitten so accurately put it, given myself *difficulty in life.*

If someone else beat me up the way I have , they'd probably have been arrested years ago,
......and thrown under the jailhouse !?!

Thank you again.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good Up ,

How's everything with you, ...jailbird.

I just got back from riding my bike to the tax office to pay property tax on my gas guzzling truck. Sweet magic, huh ?
Stopped by the market and carried a 5lb sac of red taters back home , ....little more sweet magic !?!

About to put some biking shorts on and go for a *real* ride. The kind that burns baby burns. Well, maybe that's a little optimistic, ...I'll probably take the advise of an old marathoner who always said ......"start slow , and back off."

...hopefully they'll be a burn in there some where !
Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

If any of you have experienced this how did you deal with it?

A couple hours ago I was feeling fine, now it is like someone flipped a switch and I am very down. Nothing happened wasn't thinking about anything special. I got no clue.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Up, yes- usually, if I think about it, either something did happen that seemed insignificant at the time or I started thinking about something that affected me more than I realized. What are you thinking about?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oops- you just said you weren't thinking about anything and nothing happened... My short term memory really is impaired! Hope you're feeling better soon, up
Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
If any of you have experienced this how did you deal with it?

A couple hours ago I was feeling fine, now it is like someone flipped a switch and I am very down. Nothing happened wasn't thinking about anything special. I got no clue.
The thing that I try to do is change my environment, ...so I can *get outside my head* for a while . I'll go take a walk and concentrate on my breathing. Try to live in the moment , ....it can usually help me.
.....even if it's raining , or cold , or like down here;...like really hot .

or I might just be hungry. Sometimes if I get hungry, it gets me a little down, or feels like it does. You're not sugar crashing are you ?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I don't know, maybe I am just feeling alone and bored.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I doubt it top, I ate earlier and if anything I drink too much soda so I bet my sugar is high.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Up- reading a good book helps me- one that I can just enjoy and not have to put much thought into. Although I think I like top's ideas better...
Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I am trying music therapy. I had the radio on and they kept playing love songs, that might be it. I put some of Rock/ Heavy Metal on to see if that helps.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Might throw the headphones on and go out for a bit.