Notices

Class of May 2014

Old 05-07-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flashheart View Post
Day 3 and had terrible sleep paralysis last night so have woken pretty exhausted. Well done everyone who is fighting cravings, mine still haven't kicked in yet and dread when they do. Back to work today which is usually followed by the pub so that'll be my first little test. Toxic Tonic, what matters is the quality of life you've had in your periods of sobriety, not how many consecutive days you've racked up.
I can't speak for anyone else,but thinking what I'm going to feel like in the morning instead of what it will be like when I'm drunk has helped me a lot.Not that I've felt good drunk in a long time anyway but alcohol is an evil thing!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Django - that's a really good way to fight any cravings. To see the drinking all the way through to the next day. When we have a hangover we say "I'll never drink again!" because we feel so horrible. Funny how we quickly forget the hangover. And I agree drinking isn't even fun anymore, I'm so aware now that I'm just feeding an addiction. It feels horrible and yet.....
I have to start training my mind again to see the drink all the way through to the hangover. Then it starts to not be so appealing.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Well, I survived Day 1 without too many battle wounds. A little depressed in the evening, and I was really irritable all day, but I didn't drink. (I usually reach for alcohol whenever I have a bad mood, rather than just dealing with the bad mood.)

So, Day 2... we meet again. I'm ready for you.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:21 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I've now gone Monday and Tuesday night without a drink.... Tonight's gonna be hard!!!!! BUT I still have it clear in my mind that I don't want to! However Tommorrow and Friday night I'm child
Free and will be sat alone more than likely.... The arguments are already creeping in my head about Friday night and having a drink.... Thinking maybe I can be a one night a week drinker 😕
Old 05-07-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

Remember there's always someone here Bananacake - there's also the chat room and the arcade to help wile away some time

D
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
I've now gone Monday and Tuesday night without a drink.... Tonight's gonna be hard!!!!! BUT I still have it clear in my mind that I don't want to! However Tommorrow and Friday night I'm child
Free and will be sat alone more than likely.... The arguments are already creeping in my head about Friday night and having a drink.... Thinking maybe I can be a one night a week drinker ��
I've been there. Personally, it doesn't work for me. After I've had that first drink, my alcoholic voice tells me "just one more won't hurt" and before I know it, I've spiraled again.. :/
Old 05-07-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

How do you get to those things on the iPhone app? I didn't know there was an arcade either Dee x
Old 05-07-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Day 3. Feeling a little better but look frazzled. At work trying to focus. As long as I don't drink this will all get better.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't use an Iphone unfortunately but maybe someone else will know, bananacake
D
Old 05-07-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Very true BHappy
Old 05-07-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I'm fighting some despair and severe depression this morning. I just want to go back to bed and sleep the day away but I can't because I have kids.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi anew sorry to hear your feeling that way Hun. I have got a sore head!!! Like a burning sensation can't stop thinking bout Bacardi and coke today X
Old 05-07-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Anew, I understand. It was hard getting up today. So much guilt. I still feel okay about not drinking but this is a "brain trap". Must stay guarded!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Day 3 here. And the job hunt continues
Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
nmd

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
I've been there. Personally, it doesn't work for me. After I've had that first drink, my alcoholic voice tells me "just one more won't hurt" and before I know it, I've spiraled again.. :/
I'll second that. Starting drinking again might start at one but always leads me back to the level of drinking where I was before stopping and then some. Wash, rinse, repeat. I've done it enough times that I know better.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

The usual day 2 cravings going on over here. Vodka and rum keeps popping into my mind for no reason, and I think, "yeah, I want one," and then I remember. Sigh. This is hard. I have a headache and I'm irritable and I just want to sleep. I've been keeping myself busy drawing and drinking tea. How is everyone else doing today?
Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night for a year and a half ever since my fiancé left me I have been struggling to cope raising my 3 year old alone. I can't do this anymore and I know that if I keep drinking I will loose my little girl, or I will die by suicide or an alcohol related illness or accident. I don't want to live like this anymore and I desperately need help. I have been waiting for a treatment centre to return my call for two weeks and I desperately need support. I have not drank for two days
Old 05-07-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I've been drinking for far too many years. Started in college and never slowed much. Tried to justify stopping during week only to slide back into every day. This is day 1 and I'm encouraged by all the posts on here. 48 years old and time to sober up. Vicious circle of mind that won't stop thinking til I drink.......relaxing, just one more, more.......bedtime then huge hangover followed by massive anxiety and depression. I don't function well hung over
Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

stay strong all you can do this!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

RecoveringMay .... I'd say don't wait for return calls, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, call back periodically