Notices

Class of May 2014

Old 05-02-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm not an official part of the class.... but Hi Shrute! Welcome to SR!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to all the newcomers and welcome back to those starting over.

I'm just popping in to tell you that this thing really is possible...I joined the Class of May 2012 and I was pretty broken after a messy relapse. At that point I wasn't sure I could ever get through a weekend sober. Friday nights were my hardest time. I used to post all the time...every morning, lunchtime, and evening. I spent entire weekends plugged into SR. This community really saved my life.

I wondered what my life would look like sober, whether I would ever have fun again, whether I would lose my friends, my marriage...I was just plain scared to be honest.

I'm here to tell you that my life has changed for the better in so many ways. I have changed, grown, moved on. At the end of this month I will be 2 years sober. I honestly didn't think I could get past 2 days.

Stay close, and best wishes to you all x
Old 05-02-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Starting May Class even though I stopped in April. Day 5 and I have so many reasons to want to quit. If I don't stop I will end up dying of alcohol.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Checking in. This is day 1 for me again. I have no idea if I can stay sober. I got clean for almost two years a while back and then relapsed. I've been having trouble ever since. I wish I could get a handle on this but there's no telling. I'm definitely tired of being hungover every day. I don't know. I'm rambling. I'm just here to say I hope I can quit drinking and I hope today is the day. Keep your head up everyone and keep fighting.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

where are all the Mayans? :

Have a good sober weekend guys

D
Old 05-02-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kohara and DreamingDog

I think we can do more than hope DD - what's your plan?

D
Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi to all. I have been lurking for a while. I stopped one week ago today but could not get through Friday. I have been slowly sipping on a glass of wine waiting for bed time. I did so well this week and just caved to a glass tonight. Fridays will be my nemesis. I hope you are all doing well and thank you for this group.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to think Fridays were my nemesis too....but they're not - they're just another day for us to stay true to ourselves and not drink.

if you can look at them that way I'm sure you'll find it easier.

You have a week now until next Friday - make a plan Cscan

D
Old 05-02-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I have noticed you are always there I am making a plan now as we speak for tomorrow. Saturday is not as hard. I notice some have a challenge when they are out which is understandable. I have a challenge when I am in by myself. Appreciate your support!
Old 05-02-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

any time cscan

D
Old 05-02-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Any other may class out there tonight. I have stopped and am looking forward to tomorrow! Could have turned much worse than it was. (No excuse just quitting while i am ahead) Going to pick up some paint in the morning and start getting busy on the house. Would love to talk my way through the weekend with you!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Popping in from the April class to say Fridays are my biggest challenge - what really helped me was making non-alcohol plans with others well in advance. It's so much easier if you're not idle and not left to struggle against old ingrained habits like happy hour or stopping by the store on the way home from work. It also helps to make plans VERY early Sat morning, again, with others (so you're less likely to back out).

Good luck - you can do it!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 3 just starting. I had an awesome Friday with clear head and not nursing a hangover. Decided to take the day off and take care of things that I have been to sick to manage.

Took my dogs to the groomers, washed my car, did some shopping... Felt so great, just doing the mundane stuff... By the time I was done, I was in high spirits, zero anxiety.

Best was when I opened my mail I found that a royalties check I was expecting was DOUBLE the amount I thought I'd receive!!! I felt like it was like a reward from the cosmos, heavens, whatever you might believe for my new commitment with recovery.

Normally, after great news like this I would celebrate with 1 or 2 bottles of nice wine. This time I decided for dinner at my favorite Indian restaurant and I'm surely getting me a pair of awesome sunglasses tomorrow muah ha ha ha.

May Rocks!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome stuff brasa

D
Old 05-03-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Whoo hooo! Go May!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi all Mayers,
Just popped over from the April class to wish you a happy sober weekend. Making the decision to be free from alcohol is a huge life affirming step. Day by day your body and mind will heal, and you will become the person you always knew could be.

Have a good weekend
Love to all x
Old 05-03-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi All. Day 2 for me. Yesterday I was incredibly hung over, so not drinking was not that difficult. It's when I begin to feel better that I have to watch it. So today will be a challenge, but I am committed and I am sure 14 hours from now I will be going to bed sober. I will graduate with my fellow May classmates and not drink!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Here I am checking in on Day Three for me. Day Two was a bit rough with anxiety and nerves, but I am hoping today will be better.

Great weather here, so I plan to get out and enjoy it. Let's make it a wonderful sober day everyone. We can do this!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Checking in as well. I slipped last night after a week and feel horrible. Going to keep busy today as I am hearing myself say " just start again on Monday". But I am determined today. As Gibbons said we can do this. Probably will be clinging here this evening
Old 05-03-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi everyone I'm coming to the end of day 2 and it was easy yesturday because of my hangover, and today I do feel very strong willed, but deffinately feeling it now, got a muggy head and a head ache brewing. Feel
Very grumpy and boring 😞