Notices

Class of May 2014

Old 05-03-2014, 11:12 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I had a bit of an epiphany today as I was 25 minutes into my run with my dog. I don't really like drinking. If I'm completely honest with myself, I don't really like how it makes me feel or act. Sure, the first drink is occasionally pleasant but I can never stop myself at one. I always keep going and around drink 2-3, I start feeling sloppy, gross, and acting like a toddler. Then, of course, the next morning is highly unpleasant.

I just wanted to share my thoughts with everyone. Glad to be sober and feeling good today. I think these realizations come to everyone in a different way and at different times. Hope this helps someone out there. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ok. May it is. I can't believe how hungover I am today. And how drunk I got last night.... I don't remember coming home

Today I have decided to for real quit. No more "moderating"

))
Old 05-03-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Try to be strong unchartered xxx I'm sick
Of going round in these circles I'm doing it now no matter how
Painful it is! I just want to get through this and find the real me xxxxxxxx
Feel strong and adamment x
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see this thread getting active

Welcome unchartedxo

D
Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Trying to stay busy. Just finished supper for my hungry teenagers, made brownies for them, about to make banana bread. They know I am trying to be "healthier" and are loving the side benefits how is everyone doing tonight?
Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Cscan, you just inspired me to make some banana bread tomorrow!

I had a lovely Saturday! Got myself all dolled up (I had been neglecting my vanity lately...), went to a wool festival and in the afternoon got my new sunglasses and some organic awesome soap.

I just did all the girly, vain stuff. I don't know if it happened to you (men and women), but lately neglecting my beauty essentials cause of being so exhausted. I've only did the bare minimum so people wouldn't notice a radical change (my line of work kind of requires it), but I had lost the enjoyment in caring for myself almost completely. What about you?
Old 05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hey mates! Where is everybody? Our class is so quiet... I hope you all are just playing hooky and dropping out. I miss the talk.

I'm on day 4th and getting my strength and energy back. I'd love to hear how you're doing.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some months start slow...I think things will pick up brasa

D
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hello May folks!
This is my third monthly support thread. I'm still a Marcher, I believe, because that's when I started to solidify my sober practice.
However I've strayed quite a bit recently and I'd like to put it behind me.
I'm not much of a cheerleader, but I'm excited to meet you all and learn about you and get through this together!
I will be catching up on the thread later this evening, but I just wanted to say hello.
Talk with you later!

Ilya
Old 05-05-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

It's cinco de mayo. A made up reason to drink margaritas and eat tacos. I am looking forward to some tacos..... For sure! But no margarita.

I binge drink. And 7/10 times when I drink I moderate. But the other 3 times, I binge. Most people tell me "no big deal, everyone does it once in a while.... Well I don't like it. And I hate the way I feel afterwards.

I am seeing a pattern.... I binge when my husband is not with me. He's amazing. Like a mushy gushy love story, best friend, someone I couldn't live without kind of guy... And when he's gone I over drink. Anyone relate to this?
Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
nmd

Hey all- been working on quitting and relapse a couple times since the end of March... so May it is.

unchartedxo, I also have a inconsistent bindging pattern, a couple beers for a day or two, blackout drunk another. It seems if I start drinking and I have the time, I won't stop. I will drink both alone and socially though.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Yup.

Today is my Day6. Starting to get the hang of SR. Love it here.

Love the push-back as well as the laughs. Appreciate all the honesty and bravery.

May! I'm determined not to be a public service announcement.

unchartedxo - I can relate. My biology determined that I have almost no tolerance for alcohol consumption. Could never keep up with anyone around me, including my husband. Would make most people laugh with my attempts.

Kept 'trying' to drink like I would win a medal if suddenly I could. Kept trying until I found myself sitting all by myself totally losing sight of the purpose. What was the goal? What kind of a accomplishment is that??

Now I have a lot of accumulated time and stories that just make me so sad to think about. Deep in thought day for me.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I started in mid-April so May it is as my first full month, cleaner slate, Didier calendar!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Didn't make it through April so Sunday was my new day 1. Got shot down on a job, which triggered a bad week. Dumb. Today is day 2.

Last year I went 120 days through the summer and into fall. I was working out 5 days a week, feeling great, forming much better habits, more productive at work, etc. Basically everything was awesome. Then I threw it away when I rationalized my way to trying to moderate again. Well...the holidays, a super bowl, a vacation, and another few months later here I am. Can't get complacent this time
Old 05-05-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I'm new here I have to start detoxing at least by may 18, going to rehab on the 22. I'm just not ready to stop yet.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

May as well join too. Ouch, sorry for the bad pun. Had my first stretch of anything over 10 days back in March and April. Made it 2 months, but blew it last 2 weekends. Weekend binger, here, ok some of the rime but unacceptable for the others, and been doing it too long, like 30 years, time for a change as I turn 50 this year.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to everyone

D
Old 05-05-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm new here I have to start detoxing at least by may 18, going to rehab on the 22. I'm just not ready to stop yet.
I hope you will change your mind rbotlove. I think a part of you must be ready to quit or you wouldn't be here.

At least challenge your addiction - why not set yourself a 10 day detox before rehab?

D
Old 05-05-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

The only thing stopping me from detoxing earlier than that Dee is a guy. You see I always drink with him and I love getting drunk with him because that's when I get the courage to really tell him how I feel. I know that's bad and I need to tell him how I feel sober. I could try a ten day detox maybe start on the twelve that way I have some time to say goodbye to alcohol. Jeez that's sounds so bad.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand there's never a good time to quit RL

but won't the dynamics of this relationship with the guy have to change anyway?
you won't be drinking with him after rehab....

D