Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 4

Old 03-31-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hey vitamin, I've been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear you'd slipped but very glad you came back. Do you think there was a specific trigger that caused it? Maybe you should post here before instead of after. We're all here to help.
Anyway you sound positive so onwards and upwards soldier!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back vitB

D
Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
Hey vitamin, I've been wondering where you were. Sorry to hear you'd slipped but very glad you came back. Do you think there was a specific trigger that caused it? Maybe you should post here before instead of after. We're all here to help.
Anyway you sound positive so onwards and upwards soldier!!!
Thanks mate. Think it's a mix of boredom and lack of self control. Next time I feel like I want to drink some beer I'll post in here.

9 days smoke free too which is the longest I've gone in ages.

How are you doing mate?

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome back vitB

D
Thanks Dee.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I'm good thanks vitb, well done on the no smoking! Today is my quit day. I've given up my ten a day habit about three times since I gave up the wine. This time I'll make it stick! I'm on a holiday for a few days in a log cabin in the forest with my family, it's beautiful here and the cabin is more luxurious than my house! So I'm having a great sober time and there is no where around to buy cigarettes and I didn't bring any!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
I'm good thanks vitb, well done on the no smoking! Today is my quit day. I've given up my ten a day habit about three times since I gave up the wine. This time I'll make it stick! I'm on a holiday for a few days in a log cabin in the forest with my family, it's beautiful here and the cabin is more luxurious than my house! So I'm having a great sober time and there is no where around to buy cigarettes and I didn't bring any!
The holiday sounds amazing. Whereabouts is that?

And have you heard of Allen Carr's book? I originally bought it for my dad but I'm going to read it myself now seeing as I've quit.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Carr book was good for me

D
Old 04-01-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

It's in the Forest of Dean vitb, it's beautiful! Really peaceful but not too far away from things if you want stuff to do. It's awesome to be sitting in a hot tub outside at night!
No smoking today, haven't even thought about it really, I might check out that book though when I get back
Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hey, Siesta! How's it going? How is life with your stepdaughter? She better be treating Elvis right!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Hey Gilmer and everyone,
Things are going... Stepdaughter seemed ok but as soon as we gave her a little freedom, she messed it up. She lied to us. Drank, smoked, all that bad stuff. Kids now tend to tell on themselves easily though through all the social media. I had suspicions so I managed to get on her Instagram and all the proof was there in full color. Elvis seems ok but their relationship hasn't improved. I've actually had friends suggest installing a nanny cam!
I've taken a bigger role in parenting when it comes to sd. Hubby is in denial about what she does most of the time and he's also gone a lot, not coming home til 10pm sometimes or overnighters for work so that leaves me. Honestly, I'm very resentful toward him right now. I think about what it would be like to live alone all the time. I'm almost there anyway except for sd who is draped across the couch every time I come home. Just thoughts though, I'm committed to helping her even if I lose my peaceful home life for awhile.
As far as sobriety goes, I think I've been neglecting doing the things that keep me on the right track. SR being the main one. Hope to make more time for it soon. Sorry this was all about me. I'll read up on you guys and try to get back in the groove of things.
I really hope you are all well
Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Ok just read up a tiny bit...
Vitb, so glad you came back on here. I agree with Apophylite, check in with SR as soon as you get bored or feel the urge for a beer. It does help. It has always helped me, and the more I stray from here the more susceptible I am to giving in to cravings.
Apophylite, your vacation in the cabin sounds amazing! Enjoy!
Old 04-03-2014, 02:15 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Siesta, welcome back! Feel free to vent! I can certainly understand why life by yourself on a desert island with nobody to be saddled with seems extra-appealing these days! I hope your husband appreciates the role you're playing with SD. Does he have any family time scheduled?

Maybe a nanny cam is a good idea, as long as SD has no clue about where it is.

How is your wonderful son?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi Gilmer!
Oh that desert island sounds fantastic!! I don't think I'll go as far as the nanny cam unless I see more signs from the dog. When she tried to walk him he ran away from her and hid behind my son, but she hasn't tried since. I like to drop in unexpectedly on her. Keep her on her toes, because it's not just the dog I'm worried about but the pics she had on social media were all from our apartment while I was at work.

My son has gone green. He is a full fledged Vegan, rides a bike everywhere, and got a second job at Greenpeace. He's constantly coming over telling me about saving tigers and whales and stopping pollution. He's super passionate about it and it's refreshing. He's still a Buddhist and I love his enthusiasm and positive spirit. He makes me very proud.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

your son sounds like an awesome guy siesta!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Thanks Apophylite! He tries his best which is awesome.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hey class mates,

So i'm back from my holiday
It was awesome, i had the best time. It was a real family holiday, just perfect. I enjoyed every second of it with my beautiful family. I would have only enjoyed the drinking parts before and would have made sure all activities were conducive to me having a glass of wine in hand but this was so different. I did take some non alcoholic wine with me. I know people have mixed feelings on the n/a stuff on this forum but i have to say it totally works for me. In no way does it make me crave the real thing, and i really enjoy it.
I now know that sober holidays aren't a challenge at all, they are better than drinking ones hands down!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

That's excellent. I'm so [pleased that you had a good time. Any news on the interview?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Nothing yet gilmer, but it could take up to another week. I thought about it a lot while I was away. I really don't want the job! I love my spa and my team I just want more money! I am going to speak to my manager to see if anything can be done for me.
Being away gives you time to think about life!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

That's great! Sounds like you're well worth a raise!
Old 04-05-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Smoking is going well .

I got a DSLR recently, I bought a bag and a tripod for it so when the weather gets a little nicer I'm going to go to this park near where I live and just play around with it. Try to get a pic of the ponies and deer in there.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-06-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

I fixed your pic Vitamin B - you can put picture urls between
PHP Code:
[IMG] [/IMG
tags