Notices

Class Of November 2013 Part 4

Old 03-03-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Apophylite! What a great kid you have! He was willing to stay in so his grandmother could enjoy the time, too! Sorry to hear that the drunken conversation got a bit tedious. Better her than you, eh?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Checking in with my November friends. Glad to hear you are all progressing and thriving. Good for you all.
112 days for me today. 16 weeks. Had a great weekend. My 60th birthday on Saturday.
My 3 kids and their spouses and my wife really went all out for me. 40 people for a bowling party. 1 year old to 70 years old and everyone in between. So much fun to see the little cousins bowl and have fun together. Then back to our house for a party.
My daughter had sent a note to all those old dear friends of mine requesting a story or two about Rick and our relationship over the years. Had about 50 responses so it was really something to see how my circle feels about me. I was in tears.
Many great gifts and cards. So special.
Having a drink didnt cross my mind, honestly. I was so elated to be taking it all in and enjoying my day, the last thing I wanted was to cloud it in booze.
Sunday, my 3 kids, two little grandsons and wife went down to our rec. property for a bon fire and wiener roast. Snowing and cold but we had a great time. Fired up the furnace in the RV and we all sat and talked about many things. They all wanted to know how I was doing with my abstinence and how I made it thru the weekend without. I told them it was easy. I was loved and thats all I need. I truly am a lucky and blessed 60 year old guy.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday rick, glad you had a great and sober time. Much love x
Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

How thoroughly wonderful, Rick! Happy belated birthday!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I didn't wimp out--I did go out to the flower show! I walked briskly the whole way and back--well, maybe not briskly, but as brisk as I get (I'm none too brisk!).
Old 03-03-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Rick

D
Old 03-06-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Rick!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday from me too Rick! Sounds like a wonderful birthday.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I did not walk yesterday--I hiked! Up and down very steep hills! I only had to stop 3 times up the very steepest hill, only for about ten seconds apiece. I was in the mountains (actually, big hills). I have been afraid of the hills and the distance for a long time--every time I come up here, I keep dodging them. This time I did it--and in 6" of snow in some places!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Gilmer - good for you! It feels good when you face and overcome a challenge like that!

Rick - :day
happy birthday! So glad that you were surrounded by loved ones on such a special occasion!

As for me, I got my 90 day coin last Friday! It's so preetty. I got to celebrate and speak at my favorite women's meeting and I am speaking at another meeting on Monday!

I've been sick a lot. I got strep throat a couple of weeks ago, my first week of work and now I have a cold that feels like it's turning into bronchitis! I hope I'm wrong. I will give it a few more days before I go to the doctor (no insurance ). I'm signing up for Obamacare this week!!

In other news, one of the trainers at my job has offered to train me 3 times a week for FREE! I think he might have a crush on me and I hope it's not a ploy for a date!

I've gained 30 lbs since October and I NEED to fit into my clothes again!!

Hugs, November friends!!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Gilmer, great job!!! 6 inches of snow sounds crazy to me! You're awesome.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Brooksie,
Big congrats on the 90 day chip! Sorry you're not feeling well, but you must be looking good to have a free training offer! Sounds like he is crushing on you a bit. Enjoy it
Old 03-08-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Thanks, Siesta and Br00ksie! Congratulations on the 90 day chip, Brooksie. If you don't reciprocate feelings for this trainer, maybe you should switch. Could be awkward otherwise.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi class,
Just checking in with you guys a day after my 4 month sobriety birthday. It feels good to be accumulating sober time again.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Well done siesta, that's awesome! It feels great doesn't it!!
I'm good, still sober and my av has been pretty much silent. It's my husbands birthday at the end of the month and with the money I've saved not drinking, I have been able to pay for a five day break in a log cabin in a forest resort with a log fire and a private hot tub! I am actually looking forward to a sober holiday too!
We are going to the Canary Islands then in June for a week, I can't wait to have some sober sun! It goes to show just how much money I was spending on wine that I have been able to pay for two holidays! It makes me feel terrible, so many things I could have been doing with my family but I preferred getting wasted. So sad. But that's never going to happen again, I was existing before but now I am living!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

That sounds wonderful, Apophylite! All is well with me. I will hit 4 months on Sunday.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Yay, way to go gilmer! We all rock
Old 03-13-2014, 12:29 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Good afternoon. I have a question for you. Just passed my 4 month mark.
Last night I had a dream. A drinking dream. Sitting at my usual stool at my saloon talking nonsense with the other regulars. Stopped in after work around 3. Usual dinner of hops and a couple of bowls of salty peanuts. Around midnight I realized I was too drunk to drive myself home. Wife came and got me. Put me to bed. Woke up with a terrible hangover and headache. Started crying because I had let everyone down. Now I have to let my SR friends know I am on Day one.
Now I am wide awake and realized it was only a dream (nightmare). I was shaking I was so upset.
Anyone else have good old days drinking dreams. Pissed me off and ruined my sleep and half the morning thinking about it
Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I did have the odd dream that I'd been caught drinking in the beginning but not so much now. I did have a nightmare a week or so ago that I had been taking cocaine! I've never touched it but the dream was so real that it made me feel weird when I got up. I'm sorry my reply wasn't much help, just wanted you to know your not alone!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Rick,
I have those dreams sometimes. Really messes me up in the morning and takes a bit to convince myself it was just a dream. I always feel so terrible during and after the dream about letting people and myself down.