Notices

Class of October 2013 Part 2

Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

I can't believe I drank... Again. I'm so sick of this cycle but the only person who can stop it is me. I think today is a good day to start a sober life.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcella99 View Post
Happy to be joining the class of October 2013
Welcome from all us October babies!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Day 14 and I am miserable. so tired achy and a massive headache. I take anabuse daily ( seriously- how does anyone do this w/o it?) and K-pins for anxiety/sleep. Trying to avoid the K pins as much as possible. Therapist (only seen him 3x)is sending me to the psychologist Oct 17 for depression (and med script). appetite keeps fluctuating between eating 24/7 to one bite and done? Is that normal? Wow, this is "babblely" post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Liberated- Day 14 here and I agree its nice to remember the night before but physically, I feel horrible. any advice?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I've read the whole of the first thread. I've lurked! I've not stopped drinking since Tuesday. I received a call from my Aunt tonight, following on from a text i'd sent earlier today alleging to the fact I wanted to take my life..........I don't actually remember but reading back, yep, it sounds about right. I've to get up in 3 hours for work, I look ike hell, I'm dreading tomorrow drying out, i've done it so many times before over the past year, it's painful. I'm a member of the Marcher 2013 class, they're tremendous, they're doing so well. They stick by me but i'm not in their league. I've tried to join other classes....introduced myself but then not really followed through. Tonight I thought of taking my life, how selfish is that?!! I'd like to join October please. I need to do this before I die. My name is LP and I am most def an alcoholic.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lifeplant. Stay strong.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Welcome Marcella99, bblackbirdflyy, and lifeplant!

Old 10-13-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! Day 22 here...feeling good. My head cold has now made it into my chest, which is no fun. Glad I'm dealing with this sober though!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smac2166 View Post
Liberated- Day 14 here and I agree its nice to remember the night before but physically, I feel horrible. any advice?
You're 14 days sober and feel rotten? When did this come on? Is it possible that your feeling bad has nothing to do with your abstinence? Any cold-like or flu-like symptoms?

In the past when I've felt rotten it's usually because I'm dehydrated. Of course, we're all malnourished. Are you able to eat? Try light snacks, soda crackers, maybe some soup. Small amounts of food but lots of water.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
I've read the whole of the first thread. I've lurked! I've not stopped drinking since Tuesday. I received a call from my Aunt tonight, following on from a text i'd sent earlier today alleging to the fact I wanted to take my life..........I don't actually remember but reading back, yep, it sounds about right. I've to get up in 3 hours for work, I look ike hell, I'm dreading tomorrow drying out, i've done it so many times before over the past year, it's painful. I'm a member of the Marcher 2013 class, they're tremendous, they're doing so well. They stick by me but i'm not in their league. I've tried to join other classes....introduced myself but then not really followed through. Tonight I thought of taking my life, how selfish is that?!! I'd like to join October please. I need to do this before I die. My name is LP and I am most def an alcoholic.
You're welcome here. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You're going to feel like the devil tomorrow. Do you have any vitamin C? I use E-mergC 2 or 3 times a day. Helps with the detox. B vitamins also will help you sleep. Tomorrow is your day to start over.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Welcome newbie Tobies!

A great crowd here. Very helpful and supportive. They/we've seen pretty much everything, so rely on us.

Exercise is da bomb. Even mowing the lawn (this afternoon) or watching someone else exercise (women's soccer match this afternoon) -- they get you outside. Vitamin D, fresh air, different perspective.

Rock on, folks. Keep your eyes on the prize!

Fishy
Old 10-13-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifetplant View Post
Tell us about yourself, Darlin'...
Talk to us. Anyone who chooses such a beautiful photo to represent him/herself is worth getting to know. Long hair on that calf. Do you live in the North?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

smac2166- I feel just plain EXHAUSTED all the time and today complete irritable. The ONLY solution thus far has been focusing on not drinking, posting here and maybe a tad of chocolate. I have heard I should give into rest as often as I can and plan to do just that. My body must be needing it to heal? hUGS!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I agree- welcome Lifeplant- we love having you here- come join hands with us as we kick addiction's nasty but!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liberated View Post
smac2166- I feel just plain EXHAUSTED all the time and today complete irritable. The ONLY solution thus far has been focusing on not drinking, posting here and maybe a tad of chocolate. I have heard I should give into rest as often as I can and plan to do just that. My body must be needing it to heal? hUGS!
Are you sleeping? Exercise is great (so they tell me over and over), but right now I'm just concentrating on not drinking. But I have to sleep at night or I feel really depressed.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Nothing better than sober sleep!! Has anyone else got their cooking mojo back like me? I am avoiding cooking frozen food and anything with preservatives. Plus my taste for fruit is a lot stronger.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

14 days in- really? I made it 14 days? Anyone else wake up and go "wow- this is my life- a REAL LIFE!" Still finding myself in that morning haze kind of going "oh ****" what do I need to try and remember from last night"- and clarity hits and its"NOTHING!" I remember every good, bad, whatever aspect of the night before! Cravings are starting to get tough- but I vow to be tougher.
Me too! I have been eating junk so today I started eating only lean meat and veg. Still havent gotten off the couch except to cook. Hugs back at ya.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SarahLanter View Post
You're 14 days sober and feel rotten? When did this come on? Is it possible that your feeling bad has nothing to do with your abstinence? Any cold-like or flu-like symptoms?

In the past when I've felt rotten it's usually because I'm dehydrated. Of course, we're all malnourished. Are you able to eat? Try light snacks, soda crackers, maybe some soup. Small amounts of food but lots of water.
Ive been drinking lots of ice tea and decaf coffee so I might need water. Need to get checked for Lyme flare up
Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Let me share some news — a sort of major minor victory. I joined this group on the 10th, last Thurs I think. Just the day before (Wed) I drank a half a fifth of vodka and probably a dozen beers. I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing and I was so weak I couldn't walk across the room without it pounding. I was nauseated every morning, consumed by dry heaves and couldn't even entertain the idea of food. I knew that if I didn't reverse things I would die.

I knew I couldn't go cold turkey (too dangerous) and began to look for a detox center that would accept medicare. In the meantime I vowed to get off the vodka: that was my main goal. Thur morning I woke up and poured out the vodka, started a regime of vitamins C, B complex and B3, magnesium and calcium to prevent seizures. Frankly, I felt like ****.

And I began to talk to you. There wasn't one day I would call easy but each day was better. My sleep was better and I didn't wake up in a panic with a racing heart. Since Thurs I have had no vodka and I've cut my beer consumption in half. In the next week I'll give up the beer entirely. This has been a really good day.

Now, let me say this. Giving up the booze is a victory of sorts, but that's when the hard work really begins. Relapse is caused by sobriety-based symptoms. As hard as it is to kick alcohol addiction we've all done it hundreds of times. The trick is in staying sober.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I have to admit the bloom is off the rose for me a little bit. This second weekend was harder than weekend one. I guess weekend one was such a novelty, that it went by without a hitch?!? This weekend I am cranky, crampy and tired, but I am also sober so that is good.

Good for you, Sarah. I think you have been a real God-send to us Octobers, too, because you have quite a bit of knowledge. Thank you!!