Notices

Class of April 2013 Part 6

Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

HAPPY SOBER NEW YEAR CLASS!

Glad you had a good trip Scout and I bet BD is happy to see you!

Congrats on 9 Badger.... I am closing in too.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Hope you are staying warm wherever you may be. Seems it's a bit of a touchy subject in certain regions here in the States.

It's even a chilly 63 here this morning, just to give us enough of a dip to have to wear a long sleeve.

Be well, and hope that everyone is busy, happy, and catching back up after the holidays.
-sb
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

It is a bit cold, but good grief, you would have thought it never got cold from all the whining. But that is just my rant.

Today is 9 months since I took my last drink, the 7th was my first day sober. I look at today as an anniversary of when I decided to turn back from the misery of alcoholism.
It has certainly been a better nine months than it would have been.

Thanks to my April class for all the support!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good trip Scoutie! And congrats on 9 months to both you and Drake!!
Old 01-08-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

9 months sober for me today!! It's amazing how far we've all come together.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats DG

D
Old 01-10-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Congrats DG! Hit my 9 month mark on the 6th. Feels pretty good.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Paul

D
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thanks Paul, and congrats yourself!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Congrats Paul, we hit the 9 mark the same day!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Whew!! Glad I checked in today...we almost slipped to the second page.

Hehe. I am choosing to view this as a positive sign, and that all are pretty busy with sober stuff--that it's just harder and harder to be checking in.

I know we've had a few people move on, and others weren't as successful--but here's hoping the Fighting Bandicoots of April were able to share experiences with folks that will help them along whatever path is best, and right for them.

Hope this finds you all healthy, happy, and moving forth. Have to admit a bit of stagnation on my part as far as growing as a "normal" human being--but at least I'm finding the way without being altered by booze.

Regards,
sb
Old 01-14-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Administrator

still here

D
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hey Scoutie- Good to see you checking in here. I'm still around too, but mostly posting on other threads as this one is rather quiet these days. Give BD a pet or two for me.

I remember when I first quit I checked out the April 2012 thread and found it kind of hard to believe there were only like 2 or 3 people there that just stopped in for a minute to say they had 1 year and I don't think there have been any posts there since. But I knew then that I wanted to be one of those people a year later that was still checking in for our class at one year. We must be getting close as our thread looks much more like the April 2012 thread did when I started than our class thread did then!

I think it's a positive sign that we're out living our lives more and that it's grown quiet.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I am here too! Scout is right, busy being sober! I have launched on a small apt/condo re-do, starting with the kitchen.. new floor, sand and refinish butcher block counter tops, paint and re-hardware cabinets and getting rid of clutter. Got a new computer and a new desk for it too. More clutter gone. I guess it is January spring cleaning.

I can afford to do this since I am not wasting hundreds of dollars every month on booze. Amazing how much cash I have left over at the end of the month.

Keeping busy, keeping sober.... I like it.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hellooooooo.......... ?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Hellooooooo.......... ?

Is there anybody in there?
Old 01-26-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

So I am posting in my 'home group' to keep this thread on the first page. I will be back on Feb 1 to hoot-and-holler about my 10 months.

I need to get my ass back to what I need to do and find a job!

But first things first. SOBRIETY! HERE I AM!
Old 02-01-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
HML

Sill here,too, and sober!! Have joined a local Women for Sobriety group and rarely miss our weekly meetings. Guess I'm starting to feel the 1 year anniversary coming soon. Very exciting,
Old 02-01-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Badger, I guess today is your 10 months!! Congrats to you!!

Scoutie, come to think of it, it's your 10 months as well!!!

HML, glad to see you checking in.

Today is 299 days sober for me. I'm looking forward to hitting 300 tomorrow as it seems like that starts the countdown to a year somehow.

I'm feeling really solid with not drinking and smoking weed. I need to get some relationship stuff sorted out and that is a bit scary. Also working a lot on myself and trying to continue developing good habits for my life.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Badger, I guess today is your 10 months!! Congrats to you!!

Scoutie, come to think of it, it's your 10 months as well!!!

HML, glad to see you checking in.

Today is 299 days sober for me. I'm looking forward to hitting 300 tomorrow as it seems like that starts the countdown to a year somehow.

I'm feeling really solid with not drinking and smoking weed. I need to get some relationship stuff sorted out and that is a bit scary. Also working a lot on myself and trying to continue developing good habits for my life.
Yup. I is back! Although I don't know if my 10 months was yesterday or today. No matter, I just like celebrating on the first of the month. Congrats on your incipient 300 day too DG.

I am on step 7. Looking at my character defects. More keep poppin up! But the most important thing is my Fear of Failure. That is leading to my other defects of procrastination and untidiness. But this is something I have to confront head on. I had a really nice share from a fellow who has similar sobriety time as I, "You know what people are thinking about you? They are NOT." THIS. I have to start realizing that people have their own lives. They are not thinking about me or judging me or disparaging me or maligning me or pitying me or otherwise spending a moment contemplating my existence. They are not. This is something that has to become ingrained so I start living my life to my satisfaction. This involves of course living a sober life according to the AA principles. I have already started down this road and the changes are palpable already. I cannot see them myself, but I see it in the eyes of others.

I only carry my 24 hour coin with me. I think it is important to celebrate anniversaries and feel good about myself for what I have accomplished so far. I have to start loving myself and this is a good first step. But I keep all those other coins in a box at home. I carry only the 24 hour coin, because I KNOW that what I have is a 'daily reprieve subject to my spiritual condition'. That is the only thing guaranteed. So I am trying seriously to not think about my anniversary coming up. Heck I am more interested in making sure I have completed my Step 9 before that. I want to finish it by spring so I can use the spring analogy with the rest of my life. Hopefully my 9th step promises will start manifesting itself so that I can look forward to the rest of my life living sober and free.

The other thing I have noticed is that I do not have a home group yet. This makes no sense. I go to about 4 meetings a week and I just need to pick one as my home group. I just need to fellowship more. That I have also realized that I do not call people in AA. Ever. I need to start doing this. When I was doing my 90in90, the fellowship is what kept me sober. So I know this is important. Also I like receiving calls from other alkies. I am sure they are calling me because their sponsor told them or something, but I like getting the call. If I like getting them, I should make them too, right? So this is another thing I need to add-on to my program.

Sorry for the ramble, but I am feeling out of sorts lately and just wanted to. You guys don't mind, right?

Lastly, I have started doing step 11 already. All step 11 says is to get in touch with the HP of my understanding. As I already have one after step 3, nothing is really stopping me from doing 11. So I have been doing this for 2 months now. The other thing is, as an alcoholic I am a perfectionist *******. If I do not get results straightaway, I tend to discount stuff. I was like that with Meditation. I am from India and I have been introduced to Meditation a long time ago. But I always discounted it because I never got the feeling that people always talk about. Then when reading it I realized that I already do Yoga and Meditation is nothing but Yoga for the mind. A real Yogi never talks about doing yoga, but practicing yoga. Similarly I should practice meditation, not do meditation. That means just like Yoga I will get better at it the more I do it. I could not touch my toes when I started doing Yoga. Now I can. Similarly I may not get instant results with meditation, but I will get better at it. If it took the Buddha 33 years to get it right, why do I think I can do it on 33 minutes?

So ... sorry for the ramble, but I feel better about it. You have read it all the way through, it is in your brain and now you cannot 'unread' it.