SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2013 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/302982-class-april-2013-part-6-a.html)

Dee74 08-03-2013 04:25 PM

Class of April 2013 Part 6

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D

Dee74 08-03-2013 04:26 PM

Thanks for the kind words DG :)

with closing threads, if I'm not here, and we're seriously over limit, just report the last post and ask someone else to do the honours.

5 or ten posts over is no biggie tho.

Johnny this is as simple a guide for pics as I have:

for your own pics
www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/147678-how-put-pics-your-posts.html

otherwise just get the URL, hit this icon http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...nsertimage.gif in the posting toolbar, cut and paste and you're away

nice bracelet Jennie :)

D

Soberpotamus 08-03-2013 04:35 PM

Johnny, do you use Photobucket? If you have a photobucket, you can use the shared links from within there, otherwise, what Dee posted looks really simple... Tinypic. I've used it before and it worked well. Very minimalistic. Photobucket ticks me off sometimes. I nearly forgot about Tinypic.

Soberpotamus 08-03-2013 05:15 PM

Husband is out of town visiting family tonight. He went to see his nieces and nephew, and took them birthday presents, and also took our kayaks so they could all go out in the water and have fun. I'm home alone, sort of moping around, eating boring food today... laying off the sugar. So, that means all carbs and sugars, desserts, everything.

Not feeling good today. I have an infection that I won't go into details about. It's nothing serious though. I'll get over it soon. Taking some meds for it. But just feeling like crap in general today.

I've fed all the cats and kicked all of them outside for the night, except for the kitten. She gets to stay inside right now, as she is too young still to get spayed but approaching the age where it's possible she could get pregnant... better safe than sorry in this case.

Probably going to bed early and read recovery books.

Dee74 08-03-2013 05:16 PM

night Jennie :)

D

Soberpotamus 08-03-2013 06:02 PM

Husband called, on his way home... lol. Bringing the ten yr old nephew to spend the night :) I'm happier now. Guess I was really missing him...

Viperidae 08-04-2013 11:09 AM

30 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Die. I liked this...

30 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Die | Next Avenue

Viperidae 08-04-2013 05:00 PM

So I started the generic antidepressant today. I feel dazed. I'm just going to go with it and see what ends up happening. Can always go with name brand or another antidepressant entirely. This is one of the worst processes in medicine, trial by error with meds that effect your brain. Sorry I'm harping so much on this.

Sundays have been a hard day for me to 'not drink. No idea why that has become the day now.

Anyway, all is quiet on SR April today. You all must be out having fun. The weather is fantastic in CT today. And it seems like everyone is out.

Soberpotamus 08-04-2013 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by johnny555 (Post 4104991)
30 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Die. I liked this...

30 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Die | Next Avenue

These are great, thanks for posting, Johnny :) I re-posted to my Twitter.

DrakeCKC 08-04-2013 06:15 PM

Hello all, been a busy weekend, went by too fast. Did not do anything vitally important, just a lot of little things that added up. Quiet PM here, rainy and humid so even though the temps are cool, the AC is on. There was a break in the rain so my dog and I walked. She really does not like to walk and more moseys along than walks. We did not go far, but she is worn out.

120 days sober today! Although the month anniversary date is the 6th, with July and May having 31 days and all. But I decided to observe the 6th of every month as the anniversary from now on, getting away from days.. Oh it is so complex!

Viperidae 08-05-2013 10:47 AM

Hi guys. Checking in. Watched The Avengers last night. I had No clue it was on Netflix. That is my exciting life. Trying to get on new med very slowly. At a really tiny dose now. Had someone offer me some writing work today. Just the thought sends the AV talking.

Talk later.

-j-dawg

Soberpotamus 08-05-2013 08:13 PM

Drake, congrats on 120!

Johnny, I saw that on Netflix recently, is it good?

We've had our niece and nephew over the past few days. They're enjoying being away from home, and doing and seeing new things. They like playing with our cats, and especially the new kitten.

We have watched lots of My Little Pony and played Mario Kart on Wii ;) I came in 2nd place on Mario Kart, yay! Lol.

About to go to bed an hour or so early tonight... I need some "me" time, to unwind and read some recovery books. Working my way through The Dialectical Behavior Therapy workbook I bought recently. It's good stuff.

Sold an item on eBay today, sort of pumped about that! Would be nice to make a sell like this every day :) We'd be set.

Dee74 08-05-2013 08:14 PM

congrats Drake :)

D

DG0409 08-06-2013 05:24 AM

Day 120 no alcohol here. And day 20 no weed.

I'm sleepy as heck though. Getting up earlier every day is really catching up to me.

ScoutBall 08-06-2013 10:11 AM

I just had about 5 paragraphs. Somehow I wiped it, and now can't find it.

F$#k.

I'm in a filthy, $hitty mood. Extreme recap: Out and out brawl with wife last night. Full on screaming match. I'll not go into incredible detail AGAIN, but here are the cliff notes:

Blue Dog is evil toward strangers. Professional trainer consulted, hired, paid to the tune of MANY $hitty charcoal drawings, and perhaps just whoring myself to the tourists drawing portraits at Waikiki.

Trainer sees wife interact with BD. Trainer suggests wife work with her exclusively. BD pretty calm when W not present. BD a complete maniac when W present.

Blue Dog is on a strict: No beach. No park. No stranger regimen until his behavior is modified, and we get a better handle on it.

Despite a large fenced in backyard, ample frisbee time, and whatever else...W cannot stand the fact that her little dog didn't get a walk, play, whatever. Talks me into playing in the front yard...I see neighbor before dog. Tell wife: Grab dog. Neighbor clinks his garbage bag of recycling (as one would normally do). Dog hears. Dog loses his $hit, wife loses dog, dog races after neighbor, dog barks and freaks out, and actually nips toward the hand of neighbor. Neighbor swearing and screaming while wife meekly calls for said dog.

In about one motion I covered approximately 25 yds, grabbed the dog, and had him in his crate.

Once the dust settled, apologies, and the please don't $@#king sue me conversation is had...I'm back in the house, and shaking with...oh, about an 11 of the rage scale.
All I said was: "You had the dog. How did he get away?"
Full on yelling festival ensued...dog is going berserk in his crate adding to the mix...

So I left, and said a ****** thing when the W asked where I was going, something to the effect of I'm an adult, I can go where I please, when I please without checking in with my minders.

But...

Leaving at that point was about my only recourse. I was absolutely shaking, and crazed with how the $#@& did that just happen? SHE HAD THE DOG IN HER HAND.

Anyway. I went to the grocery store and just walked about. Stood in the beer aisle for a good 5 minutes, just looking.

Had many thoughts of Just Eff it. Didn't buy anything. Still had the thought of turning into the pub. Came home and put my headphones on and listened to angry music and scribbled in my sketchbook. Resisted the urge to euphemistically kill both my dog, and wife.

The W makes both me and BD crazy it seems.

><

Soberpotamus 08-06-2013 05:01 PM

Scout, oh my... it does sound pretty awful. Sorry this happened.

Is the trainer suggesting she work with your wife instead of you? Is it something about one person being the alpha at home? Dogs being in a pack, and all... they need to know one person is the master? Anyway, this is just hearsay I've heard mentioned by other people.

But it sounds like you would be the alpha, considering what just happened, and that you got things under control.

But as for going to the beer aisle... yikes! Conscious decision or just happen to be passing by it? Be careful.

Soberpotamus 08-06-2013 05:01 PM

DG, congrats on 120!!

Dee74 08-06-2013 05:20 PM

I'm glad you didn't drink Scout.

I'm no expert but maybe BD is not recognising your wife as a pack leader - maybe she's not giving out leader signals, which is why he goes off in her charge, and probably why the trainer wants to work with her.

as for your wife letting him go, I can understand your anger but I can understand the situation too.

I dunno how big BD is or your wife for that matter, or how much time they spend together, but a batsh*t dog is a lot to hang onto if you're not really expecting it?

D

Goat 08-06-2013 08:52 PM

Yep, Scout, it's clear as a bell to me. The wife needs to establish dominance. I think that's why the trainer wants her to work with the dog.

A lot of people don't naturally speak dog, and so they don't interact with dogs correctly. I don't fault them for it unless they have been made aware of the problem and won't do anything about it. It's just not "natural" for most people like it is for you and me.

That's what a trainer is for. I maintain that trainers train human beings, not dogs :)

DG0409 08-07-2013 04:47 AM

I definitely don't speak dog. I think my cats are more likely to do what I tell them to than a dog is, and that's really saying something!