View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys, a mass of posts since I last logged on so apologies if I don't get up close and personal with everyone!

Steve, I love your posts, and miss when I don't see one!
S&S We often define ourselves by our job, and more, others judge us by them. When we first me it's ' hi what's your name, where do you live what do you do? When I first gave up running the home I found it very strange to not identify myself with me work. But I have had many jobs, I know some would be impressed that I am a qualified driving instructor. Probably would have been less impressed with me when I was a road sweeper. I guess I'm trying to say we don't have to allow ourselves to be defined by either our job or whether we have one. We can chose to be defined by the person we are. I wish you luck in finding work you are happy doing, that is my only criteria work wise now.

Boozefree, what are you going to do differently this time to ensure that the work dramas etc do not lead you to drinking?
Hd3 I hope you are not unfairly judged on past mistakes which you have made amends for, and when you were a different person.
WWG, good luck with the interview.

Grace, would your parents qualify for any kind of home help as a half way measure whilst your mum comes to terms? We had this lovely couple in the practice a few weeks ago,in their 90s. Holding hands and obviously besotted. They had been married since their teens, but as she needed full care and he only needed assistance, they could not be placed in the same home. I think sometimes life stinks! I hope it is not too tough on you all

Mb, DG, Tanja, soberjim, everyone else, have a Bostin day!