Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 12

Old 03-09-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Way To Go BF!!!

Congratualtions on your 5 months soberiety. You've not had an easy time but have managed to maintain your strength and remain sober.
Fantastic! Hugs x

Siesta What a lovely picture of the rainbow. thank you for sharing.

Nel Good luck with the family lunch.

Hiya Bloss

Did my big share last night at my homegroup meeting and my hubby came along to support me. It was quite emotional at one point remebering the things gone by, I did manage to compose myself and finished my share. Felt so good to get it all out in the open and served as a good reminder avout where I don't want to go back to.

So grateful to be sober and content at last.

x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bloss.jpg (7.7 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey Nomis Lovely to hear from you. Good luck with the new job and a huge Congratualtions on your 4 months. Fabby!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congrats Boozefree and Nomis!
Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

My little town is buzzing this morning and going to be hard for me to be around. Today is the annual "peddler" when about 200 people get on beach cruisers and go on a drink ride all over town. I can already hear different groups of people getting ready for it. I used to help serve at different stops, and then cruise around with big groups of friends. I feel like I'm missing out, but have to remind myself that last year I got so trashed I didn't even make it to the 3rd stop. I I loaned my bike to the neighbor this year, so I wouldn't even have the option of peddling around with them. I also am trying to remind myself of how I felt the next day last year. I'm trying to get a shift at work today, just to get away so I don't have to hear the crowd.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, my dear Undies) I just got out of nice foamy bath, feel so good and relaxed. It' so great to be sober. I am in some unusual for me state of mind tonight - I'm not bugging myself about what I failed to do, and so on. Just enjoying. These moments are so rare, they are really precious for me, like a gift. Gift of sobriety, I think)

Boozefree - Congratulations on 5 months!!!!! You've faced so many tough moments in life during this period, and still didn't give up. Great job!

Nomis - Congrats to you on 4 months! And good luck with the interview!

Siesta - thanks for sharing this great pic! You just gave me of piece of sun, warm and my favourite ocean. I just closed my eyes for a moment and imagined myself somewhere on the beach. According to the forecast we'll still have about -10C the whole next week, so I'd use some warm) This pedder sounds like a real sobriety challenge, stay strong) After all it's not booze what really makes festive atmosphere.

Grace - glad to hear you are feeling better and had a good sleep)

Bloss - lazy day sounds nice) Love the flowers on your avatar)

Nicky - so great that your hubby came to support you at the meeting. Glad for you, my friend)

And my best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great day)
Old 03-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

B.F congratulations on 5 months. Awesome.xxx

Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Midnight, I love what you said at the beginning of your post, I love when I'm not freaking over something too! It is so nice Had a great day with my husband family, of course freaked out over nothing, I am ready to relax now, Hope everyone has a great night!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

23.20 Saturday

Hi Undies, first chance I've had to check in today. My O.H has had a day off today, so we've spent the day doing family things. It's mother's day here tomorrow, so we went gift hunting. I don't like to be stuck on the p.c all the time when he's at home. He's caught my cold and feeling very sorry for himself, he suffers with his chest at the best of times.
It's been a miserable,cold rainy day so we've got nothing done outdoors.

Siesta, that's a beautiful photo, thank you for sharing it with us, it looks so peaceful. I hope you managed to get some rest today. That Peddler sounds like a challenge, I would have to avoid it at all costs and it might be wise if you do too, it's a lot to cope with so early in sobriety.

Nel, I'm so glad you enjoyed your mum's birthday, I bet she was looking proudly down on you from up above. I also hope today went well with your husband's family and I bet they love you to bits, how could they not? There are quite a few of us here, myself included who are socially shy, so you're in good company! Oh and I have a dysfunctional family too, in fact both myself and my O.H do!

B.F no exciting plans sounds good to me, no hassle, just the way I like it!

Bloss, I hope you're having a good week end. Your sunny looking avatar cheers me up, I like it.

Nomis, that's great and I hope the job interview is successful, I'm glad you're going for it. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers and everything crossed for you.

Nicky you're doing so well with you're sharing, that must be a good confidence builder and I think it is wonderful that your husband went along to support you. So proud of you, my sober friend.

Midnight, I love to read that you are feeling relaxed and calm and not worrying and stressed, long may it last. I've just had a lovely bubble bath myself and I'm all comfy in my p.j's.

See you tomorrow

Sleep well Undies, sweet dreams. xxxx
Old 03-09-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone. I am bringing a problem here and asking for any advice or observation. I have accomplished a couple of good things since I found this place. Quit drinking and recently quit smoking. My nerves are still raw.
I know that I am looking at life with greater awareness and maturity.
My home life is testy , hostile, and unsupportive. I am going to improve myself in spite of it all. It is lonely for sure.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that the struggles I have gone through really matter. I am making a difference in my life and my surroundings that is truly worth it. Oh God I hope I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am not going to start drinking again. I am so done with that scene.
My drinking is tossed in my face like a bucket of dirty water all the time. All I can say about it is that Yes, I did. Yes I know I was horrible. I am sorry. The best gift of repentance is to stop the destructive behavior and never go back to it. I mean if I punch you and say I'm sorry and punch you again my sorry isnt really good for anything right? If I never commit the crime again isnt that a better apology?
I am really unhappy and I want to feel better about my new sober life. Is that so absurd?
Old 03-09-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really difficult when loved ones can't or won't move on.
I've been lucky in that most of my loved ones did respond to the changes in em - eventually.

Some took a really long time tho lol.

I just tried to remember this was for me and my future first and foremost - sometimes we have to play the long game with others....

D
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

escapist, I can tell in your post how hard you are trying. Your post sounds so sincere in your conviction to making a change, maybe it is going to take them a little time. Do you think they would go to a support group? If not I would say keep doing what your doing and hopefully over time they will see how hard you are working to change things and make amends with your past/ drinking. No it is not absurd to want to feel happy/better about your sober life! Have you tried talking to them? Maybe you should have a serious talk and be like 'look I know i had a problem and did some stuff, but i am trying to change all of that and I need your support! It does not help when you are constantly throwing my past up to me,when I am working on my sobriety for a better healthier future'... I would just make some boundaries with them! (you may have to remind them a few times until they get it) but stick to the boundaries! I say have a talk, apologize,keep working on yourself and stick to the boundaries on how they can speak to you. I'm not very good with advice, so I hope this helps you. **{hugs to you}}
Old 03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
My drinking is tossed in my face like a bucket of dirty water all the time. All I can say about it is that Yes, I did...
I hear you, sounds like you're going ahead with what is right for you. Sounds like it's not full of rewards yet, either... sorry about that and thinking of you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
mistakes.jpg (44.6 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi undies, Well, I made it through the peddler day yesterday. Ended up getting a 9 hour shift, so I wasn't around at all to hear all the partying. My hubby was here, and said the neighbor who borrowed my bike ended up getting very drunk and sick. Glad my bike made it back ok. So many people in my town must be feeling crappy today, and I'm glad I wasn't part of it this year. It's another beautiful sunny day without a hangover.

Nel, I'm glad your family day went well.

MB, so glad you are feeling good and relaxed!

Grace, happy Mother's Day today! Ours here is in May. Thank you for the advice to avoid the peddler. I'm sure that I wouldn't have been tempted to drink, but at the same time, it is just not an environment that I should be in at all. Hope you are enjoying your day!

Caledonia, it must be so rewarding to share in front of others and to have your hubby there for support is awesome!

Escapist, I'm so sorry you aren't getting support at home. It must be so difficult. It's fantastic that you are being so strong in spite of your home life. Keep going! We are all here for you. Try to stay focused on what you know is the right thing. Hopefully others will recognize the changes you have made and are making. Maybe try to find ways to make yourself happy outside of home life. You deserve to be happy no matter what happened in the past, because you are making the effort to be better. I know for my hubby and I, al anon meetings have been a life saver for us. He doesn't relate to what I'm going through at all and before he started attending meetings we couldn't communicate at all unless it was through emails. Just a suggestion. Maybe your family would benefit from it also.

Well, I'm off to work again tonight. Only 6 hours today, so should be a breeze. Planning a road bike ride tomorrow with hubby. Starting a new fitness plan with him. Looking forward to getting in shape now that I'm getting my life back in order. I feel like I have a second chance at life now.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Escapist hang in there. Things will get better with time! Don't give up.

Siesta good job staying busy working during that peddler event.

Grace Happy Mom Day!

Went for a walk this morning and now relaxing. New boss is gonna come in tomorrow for a little bit so hoping we all like him and he's a good fit!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Undies. My Sunday is almost over. I had a great workout - almost killed my legs, hope it will burn some of my recent sweets binge). I went on another "binge" - with Remarque books, great reading but characters drink wine and other booze like water almost on every page. Oh, well. A lot of food for thought though, and it kicked out my blue mood in a way, because it gave me some warm feeling to know that there are some people as weird as myself, even though they are just characters))

Grace - Happy Mother's Day to you! I hope you'll enjoy it)

Escapist - so sorry to hear you are facing these issues in your sobriety. You made a great job quitting drinking and smoking, and we all know what it takes. I have no related experience in drinking because it never messed up with anyone but myself, but from what I learned dealing with other things in the past, when people through your past in your face, it's always some kind of manipulation. There are some great advice from other members here. I totally agree about borderlines. You did your best. You quitted. You can apologize and say that you sincerely regret about this.

Everyone has something to be ashamed of. And "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone". Don't let anyone to ruin your self-respect.

Siesta - great that you escaped peddler challenge, and even your bike is ok) I've recently heard saying about sugar cravings "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips." I think we can say something like that about booze - a moment of drinking turns into a lifetime mess. Great job on staying sober!

My best wishes to all the Undies!

Have a great day/sweet dreams)
Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Boozefree - Wish your new boss will be a nice and easy-going person. A good boss - the least you deserve after all you've been through recently.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Sunday 10pm

Happy Mother's Day over here today and what a fantastic sober one too. My eldest won her first silver medal at Tae Kwon Do competition, got lovely flowers, homemade card, cards and chocolates. Finished off with a xosy wee family meal out.

Great to be sober today!

escapist I can totally relate to how your feeling at the moment. I went through a similar experience with some of my family at point along my journey and I often felt *damned if I do and damned if I don't"

As Dee said sometimes you have to play the long game and believe me it's well worth it. Just you hang in there and remember you're worth it.

Big Hugs escapist, it can be a lonely journey at time but thank heaven for SR and the friendships we form.

Midnight I'm hoping your happy mood lasts longer than you expect, you deserve it.

Hey sober1ck If only life did come with instructions eh? Love your image.

Grace Hope that family of yours pampered you well today. x

Tanja Did you ever manage a happy outcome for your wee dog?

Bloss Loving the spring image, would you believe we have snow here today again. Only for today apparently. Poor Daffidols all confused once again.

Nighty night Undies
x
Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I may be a little behind the time with some of this but here goers

BF - Congrats on 5 Months & Nomis congrats on 4 months.

Grace & Nicky -and any other MOM celebrating today (or maybe now for you its yesterday) Happy (belated) Mother's Day.

Nicky - so nice your husband went o support you.

nel - I am so glad you had a good day with your husband's family. I understand the social awkwardness. I have to be outgoing in my career but to be honest its terrifying for me. I guess that's why in my personal life - I have begun to retreat somewhat and even feel nervous and akward around long time friends lately. I think (HOPE) that recognizing it is the first step to overcoming it.

escapist - I am truly sorry and sad that you are not gettting the support and kudos that you desrve and need. As Dee said though - maybe it will just take a long tme for people to come around. Focus on you and your recovery and sooner or later those around you will have to give credit as it is due. ALso - maybe the people who can't support you have demons of their own. It is an unfortunate fact of life that sometimes people who are unhappy with themselves cannot support or be happy for others. Soldier on you are doing great.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day Nicky!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

2 months sober today!

Today I go to Phila. for my annual rigorous eye tests (I had eye cancer 3 years ago). My usual practice has been to drive up by myself, stay in a hotel, treat myself to room service, and enjoy two gigantic glasses of wine. So my husband suggested I take my daughter along as a sobriety chaperone. That sounded prudent. But then my other daughter wanted to come, along with her two-year-old daughter. I said yes, because we'll make do and hopefully we'll make it as entertaining as possible--but I feel like my annual "getaway" is ruined. I don't care so much about the wine drinking--I just wish I could come and go as I please and relax without worrying about pleasing anybody else.