# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 12

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-11-a-20.html

D
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

BoonieCat, that was a wonderful letter. You're a good dad and a great role model!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

BoozeFree, what a bizarre coincidence about the identity theft! I hope they can catch the person.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bonniecat, I cannot express to you how much that letter has touched my heart.
BF, there is a huge rash of card theft here in our town, people's bank accounts being drained with only debit card information.

Having a much better day today, though I am so sick of winter I want to cry!!! Had some interesting insight on how I am doing with my sobriety with the "crisis" that happened and how I dealt with everything.
I am so thankful for my counselor, she really puts things in perspective.

Pushing nine months here too, but in light of recent events, I too will be diligent about not being complacent. Just because I am sober doesn't mean I am doing well.
Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, Undies!

I can't keep track of where it's morning, afternoon, evening or night- I have enough trouble figuring out what it is where I am, lol!

The sun is shining so my mood is up. My sleep has been dramatically improving, yay! And I'm finally starting to actually do something about all of those chores that have been neglected for awhile. Right now I'm basking in the wonderful sunshine; tomorrow it's back to the gym with my trainer who keeps on making me bounce 10 lb balls against the wall to strengthen my upper arms in case I fall at my doddering old age . I don't mind the bike, as a matter of fact I love the challenge of those races. When the pace rider starts to pass me I get very competitive!

Wishing you all as lovely a day as mine is starting out!

Sassy
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Critica - Sorry about the weather. I am here in North Florida where 40 degrees is freezing cold. We are having a beautiful sunny day today at 71. Weather is great but we pay for it by the huge amount of pollen in the air. My silver car was yellow this morning and my nose is clogged and eyes itching. I guess it is a small price to pay for a warm and sunny day.

Saskia - Keep it up. Sleep improvement is one of the best things I have noticed about being sober.

Boozefree - Bummer about the identity theft. I sat in on an FBI briefing recently that said they had added hundreds of staff just to deal with internet crimes. It is a huge problem and only getting worse.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tuesday @ 9:45 a.m.

Nice day here in CA, might rain tomorrow. I really hope so. Each of you have a positive, sober day.
Much Care
Bloss
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grace I did fine a new hobby I think! I just ordered a really nice camera and I'm hoping to take classes on it and classes on editing photos, etc.
BF that is the strangest identity theft story I've ever heard! I hope that is the extent of it and that you will not have further issues from it.
Boonie, glad to hear to hear you are getting supportive responses from the letter. I agree it can be largely internal thing if not many others were affected by our drinking. It looks different on different people. But if its a problem for that person, it's a problem.
Bloss how are you doing getting through the week without B? We're all here behind you don't you forget.
I read here often but feel bad not posing often or to everyone. There's so many here now! But know that I hope you all are doing well!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning undies, I'm sooo tired and the skies are grey here today which makes my mood a little grey. Had a good night last night, went on a bike ride with hubby, and tackled a hill 3 times. Wow, I surprised myself! I'm so out of shape but I'm really getting into this road bike thing that my hubby loves. I used to make fun of the spandex wearing roadies and now I'm one of them. Yikes!! It's easier on the knees than running though. Also had a nice dinner out with him and his son. Well, it's my 2 month sober birthday today, so hopefully I'll find a friend to go get my nails done with later. I should find a new nail place because I used to go in there tanked with a bunch of friends and champagne. I'm sure I was really loud. I can only imagine what they used to say about me in Vietnamese! Crazy drunk white lady! Oh well. I probably tip them a little less now, so maybe they wish I was still drinking. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) Haven't posted much these days - feel so low, just can't drag myself out of blue mood, like I'm sleeping with eyes wide open and can't awake myself. I have a felling like nothing good will ever happen to me again. I feel like I lost hope, like I am the biggest loser on the Earth. On weekend I thought that it would be fine to have some wine to ease this feeling, but I've been thinking on my friends on SR. And luckily AV is losing to common sense now, which says: "Ok, you'll have some wine. You won't even enjoy it now. And tomorrow you will look like hell frozen, with splitting head, and worse moods. And I know it's right. Thought, I lost my challenge and went on ice-cream binge on Sunday(( And it's damn cold again and it's driving me crazy. Sorry for the rant(

Nicky - congratulations to you on 1 year milestone! 6 It's just awesome! Great achievement. You inspire me to never give up.

My best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a good day)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done Midnightblue for not succumbing to the urge for alcohol. You should be very proud of yourself.Alcohol was always my crutch when I felt down, crazy 'cos it only makes us worse.

Feel free to *rant* anytime. Helps me feel better. You really deserve a good day soon. Hang in there my friend. Sending you big hugs from Bonnie Scotland.
x
Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

OLL: I'm hanging in there, keeping busy on house cleaning/repairs. I'm going to take Blossom for another walk in a bit. Thank you so much for reaching out to me, it really helps to know someone is "listening". My husband has a camera and likes photography, I am sure you will enjoy it as a hobby.

M.B. So good to hear you pushed back the AV. The wine might have seemed like an answer at the time, but the result would have been more depression and just not good. I wouldn't worry about the ice cream, you'll blast it off at the gym! Hoping the weather starts to stay thawed out over there and the mood lifts soon. Big ((Hugs))

Siesta: Congratulations!

2 months

Everyone have a nice afternoon
Bloss
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Nicky: hope you had a nice day, I'm doing alright, keeping busy today and tomorrow. So far, so good. I'm going to go pick up my weekly veges and take Blossom for a walk.
Take care
Bloss
Old 03-05-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

hugs to everyone struggling a little, no matter what it is
I hope the rest of the week will be better

D
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello everyone do you mind if I join this thread? I have 64 days sober so far, last year I joined SR in January and I got 6 1/2 months before I relapsed. I struggled on and off all those months but I'm back on track and it feels good...I was looking for another thread to hang out in
Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
Hello everyone do you mind if I join this thread? I have 64 days sober so far, last year I joined SR in January and I got 6 1/2 months before I relapsed. I struggled on and off all those months but I'm back on track and it feels good...I was looking for another thread to hang out in
Hi there nel !!!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Undies) Haven't posted much these days - feel so low, just can't drag myself out of blue mood...
I'm right there. I don't know what it's going to take to be somewhat consistent. Consistently good, I mean. Hang in there Midnight.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Nel!! Good to have you here too.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Nel

D
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Nel
So nice to see you here! Glad you are doing well, you were one of the first people to welcome me last April. Lots of support and care with the Under One Year Group.
Bloss