Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 12

Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Undies. I know I've been slacking with SR. I have a lot to catch up on. It was an overcast rainy day here and we are expecting more rain tomorrow. I'm already in bed ready to sleep. I promise to catch up on posts this weekend! Hope everyone has a good evening!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies!

Today is International Women's Day, so my congrats to the best half of SR!

It's a beautiful spring day, so let's leave our worries in the winter that is fading away now, and focus on today. What are you pampering plans for today, my gorgeous sobriety fighters?

I'm happy to be with you, and here some beautiful flowers.

Have a great day)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
592b28ae4413.jpg (65.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

07.30 Friday

Good morning my Friday F'undies

Yay, I think I'm feeling a bit better this morning, I slept fairly well too, always a bonus. My O.H was telling me last night that I woke him up the night before snoring loudly and making awful choking, snuffling noises!! Huh W.T.F!! 'Welcome to my world' I told him, that's how it is for me with him every night, lol.
It's pouring down with rain right now, the sky is grey and it's miserable, at least the mornings are light now though. O is still asleep and P is just getting up for work, so I'm taking the opportunity to do a spot of posting.
I've got my usual manic Friday ahead, grocery shopping, parents and school runs etc. At least I do it all with no worries about being over the limit!

Sober1ck, phew, I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am that you didn't take offence to what I said. I started worrying about it as soon as I posted it and believe it or not I woke up a couple of times in the night worrying about it!
You mentioned also in your previous post that you used to enjoy chairing and sharing, I can imagine you were good at it, maybe think about giving it another go, you have lots of experience to share and I know your support will be appreciated.

Nel, I've seen your photo now of your birds and the deer and your delicious looking chex mix. Those birds are just gorgeous, I want one. We had a blue budgerigar when I was a child, he was really tame and could talk, his name was Peter. Unfortunately, my mum let him out of his cage one day for a fly round and she had left the window open, so off he went, never to be seen again, I was heartbroken and cried for days.
I have to agree with Dee too, you did a good job of taming that deer, you must have lots of patience, lol.

HI Saskia, you're sounding good and its such a relief when the cravings lessen. My two cats are both 14 this year and one of them is terrified of the hoover, or anything else that makes a noise. Funny things they are apart from when they bring me dead mice and birds home as a gift.

Midnight, I'm so glad your black cloud is lifting and a quiet night watching candle light and drinking tea sound idyllic. I'm going to nag you on this one because I'm worried about your depression, what do you like doing, other than working out?? Just wondering if there is a hobby you could take up to keep your mind occupied.
That poem is beautiful and quite poignant, I'm going to write that one in my little book of poems and quotes. I write all my favourite ones down and read over them when I feel the need.
I've never heard of 'International womans day' but it sounds good to me and those tulips are beautiful, just seeing that pic cheered me up.

Bloss, I bet you're glad to have B back, even though Blossom is hugging his attention. No my brother doesn't work in Thailand, he's 57 and he's a bit of an odd one ( aren't we all?) he's never been married, never had children, in fact I don't think he's ever been in a relationship, to be honest. He is extremely clever, had a good job and got made redundant in his early 50's and has never worked since. He has always lived at home up to being made redundant, so has never had a mortgage or a loan etc,no money worries lots of savings. When he lost his job he went to Thailand on a golfing holiday, fell in love with the place and now spends half his life there, maybe he has a 'love interest' of some sort over there,who knows, he is a dark horse and doesn't give much away. I think that when our parents are gone, he will live there permanently. Since Dad has been diagnosed with Dementia he has spend 3 months at a time over there, then 3 months over here.
He has lots of good points too, he is very kind and generous and has lots of patience with the children and with out parents.

Duane, you are sounding great and it's good to hear from you. I can certainly relate to what you say about your concentration levels. When I first stopped drinking I had the concentration span of a goldfish, now it is much better. The quality of my work must have been appalling. I'm loving your positivity.

Hi Siesta, it never fails to amaze me how much more productive I am these days. It's good, I feel like I'm getting my life back.

B.F I hope you got a good nights sleep, come and catch up with us as soon as you can. You've been missed.

Well, I'm off now, I can hear movement upstairs. I'll be back when I can.

Stay safe and sober.

Hugs to you all.

Gxx

Just for today I will I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to notice what is beautiful and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I understand what you guys are saying about the memory, mine is so bad it scares me! I hope it will improve over time. I have been doing word search puzzle just because I just happen to have a book, I don't know where it came from....lol.... I'm going to use it tho, it may help....Midnight I love your photo, so beautiful. I have tried to grow tulips but the rabbits or something eats them Today is my moms birthday she would of been 67, she died 6 years ago I was picking her up for lunch it was the worst day in my life. My mom was my best friend we talked on the phone 20 times a day, did everything together. I miss her so much, I have my little cries every so often, my husband does not understand completely. I was crying around Christmas and I said to him ' I just miss her' he said 'still'.... His mom died at 87 she was very sick and his dad is still alive. I think I was lucky to experience such a love/closeness. I think a lot of people don't understand if they have not experience that...There will always be that void, but now I fill it with happy memories, but every so often out of the blue I cry for her♥ So today I am going out with my moms childhood friend and my cousins for lunch, it should be lots of fun....Maybe do a little shopping too Well undies I hope everyone has a great day it is suppose to warm up to the 40's today, its gonna feel great! Sorry to rattle on I tend to do that sometimes...Love & Peace Nell.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Another Friday is here! Loved reading all the posts this morning. I'm feeling a bit lazy today, so it's nice to read everyone's sharing today.

Nel: ((hug)), reading your post, it is clear you how much you miss your mom. Do try to enjoy the time with friends and cousins. So nice you are honoring your mothers memory and her birthday today.

Grace: oh Grace, the description of snoring made me laugh! Glad you are feeling better today, take it easy, don't over do it

M.B. thanks for the lovely flowers, glad you feel more upbeat, oh
Happy International Women's Day,

Back a bit later
Bloss
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Back from lunch we had a great time and we even found a rumage sale! I love rumage, garage,yard, church, estate sales and flee market and antique stores! Can't wait for the weather to get nice to hit all the sales I think I will do a little laundry and relax, I hope everyone is having a great Friday
Old 03-08-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh me too Duane! I was actually thinking that this week, I felt like I was on fire at work all week. Getting a lot done, wording emails properly and able to handle situations that would have once pushed me over the edge.
My memory is getting better, but during that week of extreme stress with the hubby's kids moving in and all that insanity, I was experiencing severe memory loss. After discussion with my therapist, she said I was experiencing Post Acute Withdrawal.... again. This could happen during times of stress. I didn't know that!
It's a nice feeling to find myself a little more "with it!"
Happy Friday!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Oh my so wanted to read everything today but still so busy I just can't get couaght up. so I'll just say hello for now and hopefully catch up eventually and have some time to do some serious posting.

Sober1ck - thanks for the shout out - I love 'em!!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just calling in to say goodnight.
I'm feeling much, much better now and here's hoping I get a good sleep tonight.
I had my usual mad busy Friday but all is well.

Big hugs to you Nel (( )), so sad about your mum and she was so young, but it's so nice that you are remembering her birthday with her friend and your family, I bet you have some wonderful memories to share and she will live on in your heart always.
I can't imagine that you would ever stop missing and thinking about someone you were so close to, it may get easier with time, but you never forget them and there's nothing wrong with having a cry, crying is good.
Just read your next post, good for you, I love all that kind of thing too, I can't resist a bargain!

Hi Bloss, I'm glad I made you laugh, you know me, I have to say it how it is!
Hope you enjoyed a lazy day.

Critica, you seem more positive now I'm happy to see and it's great you have a therapist to discuss you issues with. I hope things continue to improve for you. Stay strong and look after yourself.

Off to bed now to read a couple of chapters of my book.

Sleep well all

Gxxxx
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Lovely flowers and Happy International Women's Day

Yip everyone it's fabby to get our wee rusty brains working again.

Have a fabby weekend Undies.
x
Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

You too Nicky, have a good one!

Night night. xxxx
Old 03-08-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

image-1348038270.jpg
Hi Undies, not sure if I'm adding this photo correctly, but if I didn't, it's a pic of a rainbow I took today and thought I'd share with you guys. Worked long hours early today (5am start time) and didn't have much time to check in, so trying to now.
Nel, Happy birthday to your mom! I lost my mom when she was 42, about 15 years ago, and it's still very painful. I love that you were able to spend her birthday with her friends. Must be so helpful and a day full of warm memories. Hugs to you
Hope everyone else had a good Friday. I'll have to catch up on my reading.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you Siesta and everybody it was a great day Siesta such a beautiful picture!! Love it! Sweet dreams Undies.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Nel sounds like your mom was a very neat person, glad you had a nice lunch!

Midnight, grace, Nicky, siesta, bloss, TTBABP,Dee hope you all have a good weekend!

I just realized I have 5 months sober today!!! Woohoo. I was so busy all day I didn't pay attention to the date at all until just now. Incredible that its already been 5 months. I still can't believe I'm really doing it now after all my failed attempts. It feels great to be sober.

Well I don't have any exciting plans. Movies, relaxing, cleaning, dog walks, ect. The usual. Which is fine with me after a long work week. I need to wash my car but its raining and I think supossed to continue tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations BF
D
Old 03-09-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

BF congrats on 5 months!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

:You truly are booze free, congratulation on 5 months that is so wonderfully awesome!!:...Good morning Undies, its a rainy day, but its kinda warm so I'm happy. I'm going to spend the day with my husband family, I hate to say this but I always feel socially awkward around them. Just because I come from such a dysfunctional family and his family I swear is the perfect family...I mean perfect! I can not see any cracks in his family at all..Don't get me wrong I love my family a ton and I love his family, I just feel awkward around them even after all these years. (we really only see them a couple times a year.) I have not only been working on my sobriety the last year and a half but I have also been trying to over come my social shyness...SO I'm gonna relax and let the day lead itself and enjoy I hope you all have a super Saturday, RoCk on Undies!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

B.F. 5 months, big congratulations to you!

Nel: I really relate to your post regarding family, feeling out of place. I think you are wise to recognized these feelings/thoughts and work through them. Much better than hiding behind alcohol. . Have a good weekend!

Siesta: what a wonderful rainbow, so pretty. Thanks. For sharing

Take care everyone,
Bloss
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey undies, sorry I haven't been checking in more and keeping myself honest. Tomorrow is 4 months sober, time flies when you're having fun.

I got an interview for the job I posted about earlier so it's four busy days of prep for me before Tuesday.

All the best gang, keep on rockin the sober world!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Nomis: 4 months, congrats. Hope the job interview goes well.