Administrator

Class of August 2012 Part 8

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-7-a-20.html

D
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee

Beat you all! Tee hee. Went to bed and now I'm up again, it's 01.04 and I'm wide awake.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone. Nothing very exciting going on with me right now. Just chugging along on the sober train again, racking up miles.

Jodie, I hope you're having fun on your camping trip. Did you get that tent up?

Steve, congrats on the permanent job! Very proud and happy for you.

Slim, sorry about your lawyer travails. That must be so frustrating for you. And those cramps! My goodness, that sounds painful, not to mention keeping you awake. I don't suppose you've tried a bar of soap under the fitted sheet at the foot of the bed?

Erica, you have been on my mind a lot. I'm very happy your hubby is coming home. You've had so much on your shoulders. ((hug))

Stairs, good to hear from you, too. You meeting and supper sounded marvelous. Glad Sweetie got to share it with you. Good luck seeing B.

Grace, enjoy your unseasonable weather! Sorry about you gift, but aren't you glad it doesn't fit this year! You handled the situation very well, so it seems to me.

HFA, thanks for the shout-out. Hope you're doing well, other than busy.

Missing you, Apple. Drop in and let us know how you're doing, please. Would love to hear from you as well, LLG and Panacea.

Dee, as always, thanks for being so supportive and always there for us.

All right, then--hope I didn't miss anyone. Looking forward to Downton Abbey in about an hour. First episode of season three here. Such a good show.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grace, you got there before me! Only by seconds, I see. Now get back to bed....
Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HFA...glad to hear from you.

What's with the new avatar? I can't really make it out.

Slim
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by SlimSlim View Post
HFA...glad to hear from you, head in hand.

What's with the new avatar? I can't really make it out.

Slim
Its a business man sitting at a table with a bottle, head in hand. I still recovering from my last slipp. Kinda fits my mood.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 32 just starting....Didn't get home from work till 1.30am then back up at 6.30am to sort kids for school.....Tired.com.....Steve....
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Having a lovely relaxing time.
Bros bemused about my tea comsumption.
I am a way to organised sober camping mummy and wife
Cheer
Jodie
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep up the great sober work Jodie and enjoy the sober camping experience.

Grace, I hope you got some sleep. Insomnia is dreadful.

Steve, congrats on the new job. How's the gym been going?

Slim, bummer about the middle of the night cramps. That is no good. When do you see your doctor again? Anything they can do to help? We need a coffee date sometime soon.

Nuway, how is Downton Abby? My sister was excited it was on last night but I have never seen it. Perhaps I should check it out.

HFA, I like the new avatar. It speaks to me too.

Stairs, I hope Sweetie has a good first day back to school.

Today I am off to the hospital to visit Cole. I am hoping that we will get a discharge date today. I think he might be discharged tomorrow but I am not sure. To be honest I am hoping that it isn't until later on in the week. That way I have time to get a few things done around here for him.

I started my diet yesterday. Counting calories and exercise is the name of the game. Back to running for me. I want to lose 10 pounds before Bryan gets home and then about 15 more after that. I am tired of being chubby.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

13.35 Monday mild and damp.

Hi again Augustians

I've got the two youngest today, the oldest one has gone back to school so I'm back to the school runs again. the other two are back in nursery tomorrow.I
Had my son round first thing this morning pleading poverty, again, some things just never change, no money, no fuel, no food, no electricity!! Same old, same old. He always has some tale of woe about how the cheques paid into his account haven't cleared or someone hasn't paid him. He makes me feel so pressurised, I ended up giving him some money for fuel and elec and no doubt he'll be here again later to be fed.
I've come to the conclusion that he's never going to change, he'll always be in debt, never grow up. Big sigh!

Thanks Nuway, the gift has gone now, out of sight, out of mind, I gave it to my daughter this morning to give to her b.friend, he loves red wine, but a bottle will last him a week!!!
I did go back to bed by the way and eventually got some sleep, but kept waking up with numb arms where I'd been lying on them.

Hi Slim, I hope that snow has dispersed now.

HFA, good to see you posting and I hope you're okay. I couldn't make out your avatar either.

Steve, that is late, make sure you get some rest and make sure you eat too, don't let yourself get run down.

Jodie, I lovely, relaxed time is just what I need, I'm so envious. You enjoy and make the most of it, I've got a cup of tea on the go right now!

Thanks Erica, I very often have bouts of insomnia, but it's not as bad as it used to be, it's not so bad if I'm not in work, but I find it difficult when I am! The Doctor did give me some sleeping pills a while ago, but I stopped taking them as I didn't like the effects they had. I was asleep within minutes, but groggy for most of the next day, horrible. Apart from that I didn't want another addiction to recover from!
I hope Cole is okay and I hope that they do keep him a few days longer, for your sake,though if it's anything like here, they'll have him out as soon as.
I'm healthy eating as from yesterday too, I have quite a few pounds I want to lose!

Enjoy the rest of your day everybody

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, good to see some more activity here. Its been so quiet as of late. We are still missing some peeps though, and you are very much in my thoughts. You know who you are.

Thanks, HFA, for the explanation. Now it makes complete sense.

My next appointment in on January 24th. This time around, even if I do not get a diagnosis, I am going to ask for some kind of treatment, including physical therapy and maybe medications to help with both fatigue and pain.

Snow is fading away, bit by bit, day by day. One neighbor is having a tree taken down as I type? Not the time of year one would expect for this type of work and I did not see any damage, so it makes no sense to me.

Grace, sometimes we just have to say no, as in the case of your son looking for a handout. Please don't let him wear you down.

Erica, while you may want to lose a few pounds, please do not describe yourself as chubby, because you are not. I have seen you up close and personal, the real deal, live and in person and you are NOT, repeat, NOT chubby.

I have thought about Cole a lot, trying to imagine what it has been like for him to be in the hospital, and for you, too. If you have time, one day can you share what it is like for a kid to be in his situation so that we have a better understanding? It will help us to support you and other parents and children who might be in the same situation.

Jodie, glad you are enjoying the camping.

Steve, congrats on the job.

NuWay, lovely to hear from you. I don't know the show that you watch; will have to look it up.

Stairs, are you seeing your daughter today? While it may be difficult with so many ins and outs with rehab, keep the faith as long as she is trying. The roller coaster ride is part of the nature of addiction with so many people, and unfortunately, it is the loved ones who really get taken on the emotional roller coaster ride.

Hugs to all.

Slim
Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 32 nearly done...Still extremely tired from last night...Spoke with manager of the security firm today and I gotta go for a little training tomorrow and I start work Wednesday with a 19.00 till 07.00 night shift...Then off work for 2 days and then 07.00 till 19.00 shifts on Saturday and Sunday....It's only 3 days with 36 hours in total but the manager said he would find more shifts elsewhere so that I can make it upto 45/50 hours...I'm pleased and glad to be working again,so I'm very happy....Anyhows I'm off to bed soon to catch up on some much needed zzzzzz's.....Take care....Steve...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

21.50 Mon

Good evening to you all

I hope you've had a good day. I took the three cherubpests to see my Dad today as it is his birthday and he is 81. He didn't seem to bad but my Mum had had a bad night with him, they had been up all night, he thought he was in Turkey, on holiday for a week and was looking for his suitcase to pack ready for coming home. He was calling my Mum Jenny. Jenny happened to be his mother! He's not too bad most days but gets worse as the evenings progress and by bedtime he is totally in another place! It's very sad and very hard work.

Anyway, enough of my troubles.............

Slim, it has been very quiet lately, I hope our other members are not A.W.O.L.
You've not long to wait for your appointment and I really hope you get a diagnosis this time, it seems like they've been messing you about for ages. They should prescribe some medication for you, you shouldn't have to live with that. Both extreme fatigue and pain are very debilitating.
I know I need to say no more often to my son, but he puts up such convincing sob stories it's hard to refuse sometimes, though I am much stronger with him than I was. He's crafty though, he always does it when I'm home alone and is very good with the emotional blackmail ( I have his little boy and it usually involves him!!! ) He is very selfish and I very often wonder where I got him from!!!

Steve, it must be a great morale booster for you landing yourself a job, it's a massive achievement. The manager must have been impressed with your work. You couldn't do those hours if you were still drinking so that's another good reason to keep sober.

Anyway, I'm in work tomorrow so I'm off to get my clothes ready and wash my hair.

Sleep well Augustians
Old 01-07-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 33 just starting....Gotta go for some training today in preparation for tomorrows start,I'll be doing the security at Birmingham City Football Clubs training ground,just making sure no members of the public can get to the players and whatnot.....Take care....Steve....
Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

40 degrees celcius @ 5pm HOT!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

09.10 Tue

MIld again, but damp

Good morning Augustian family

I'm sat in work right now and as it's quiet yet I'm getting a few sneaky post in. I managed quite a good nights sleep last night but struggled getting up, I'll be glad when the mornings are light again. I can tell the children are back at school this week, the traffic was horrendous.
My friend just asked if I want a coffee, but I've given it up and though I could murder one right now, I'm on peppermint tea. Delicious.

Have a good day Steve, do you like football? If so, it's a good way to see the match. Make sure you get something to eat.

Jodie, I'm soooooo envious, please send us some. Enjoy

G'night Dee.

See you again later

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully - if only just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good day Grace - and everyone

D
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

We are in the middle of a heavy hot wind storm. I've moved to the car. Kids are in a more secure, quieter tent. Hope I can sleep soon. 1:30am
Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope that passes quickly Jodie, keep safe
Old 01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Jodie:

CNN is reporting "catastrophic fire risk" in New South Wales.

Be safe.

Slim