Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 12

Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks guys looking forward to posting in here I just worked out on my exercise bike a little trying to work on a bad knee. My mind feels good after a little work out, Its funny I have to push to do it but by the time I'm done I feel great and energized!..Bloss you are doing great! I see your one year coming up quick
Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm just taking it one day a time, some days are up and others not so up. I agree exercise always makes me feel so much better. I really have to push myself to do it too.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

22.05 Tue

Good evening Undies
I'm sorry about my abrupt farewell this morning, a friend was following me taking my car for its annual check so she could bring me home again and she turned up earlier than expected. I didn't have time to say goodbye or anything, just had to run. My car's sorted now anyway, needed new front brake pads and a bulb in the brake light, so not too bad.
It's been a gorgeous warm, sunny day and I've got loads done in the garden, lots of dead wood removed, some manure down ( it stinks!) and a general tidy up. I'm so exhausted now, must be all the fresh air. Can't believe how productive I've been.

B.F identity theft is rife here too and bank accounts emptied. I hope they catch whoever it is, it's a lousy thing to have done.

Booniecat, I had just finished commenting on your letter, it was heart renderingly honest. You have my total admiration. 71 is a lovely temperature, we're lucky to reach that in high summer here, though we are having some very unseasonable at the moment. I take it you suffer from hay fever?

Hi Gilmer, I hope all is well with you.

Hi Critica, I'm so glad to hear you've had a better day. 9 months is huge, but of course you are right to be diligent about becoming complacent. That's what I have to be wary off, because that's what happened to me, can't let it get me again.

Saskia, you are just sooo funny and good for you doing all that exercise. As my mother says 'If you don't use it, you lose it!' and that can apply to all kinds of things!

Bloss, I really enjoyed my day today and I hope you had a good one too. How is Blossom by the way?

OLL, photography is a fabulous hobby and if you take to it, it could open all sorts of doors for you. Go for it, give it your best shot, what have you got to lose.
Don't worry about not posting here too often, I struggle to fit it all in at times, just post when you can to let us know how you're doing. xxxx

Hey Siesta, congratulations on 2 months, that's huge. I like cycling too and yes it is better for the joints than running. My O.H and myself bought bikes about 5 yrs ago, so that we could do something together, they didn't get used much last year with taking on a 3 yr old and other things too. Maybe this summer will be better.
Don't worry about what the ladies in the nail salon might be saying, you know you're turning your life round, go in there and hold your head up high.

Midnight, I'm so sorry to hear you're on a black cloud again, I know I used to drink when I was down, how stupid was I? Alcohol is a depressant and it didn't make anything better, the problems were still all there the next morning.
Have you spoken to your Doctor about how you're feeling? Maybe some councelling would help!!!! What do you do in your spare time when you are not working, may I ask? Look after yourself, this thing will pass. (( big hugs)).

Hi Nicky, over there in bonny Scotland. Hows things with you? I hope all is well.

Hi Nel and a very big welcome to 'The Undies'. Good to have you with us.

Sober1ck, I hope you feel better soon too, the black clouds will blow over. Give them time.

Forgot to say, got the results of my blood tests and all came back normal, so that's good!

Back in work tomorrow so I'll catch up with you from there.

Night night, sleep well.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Busy day for you, get some much deserved rest, see you tomorrow
Bloss
Old 03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OLL - good luck with the photography. I finally got a decent camera a few months ago to take pictures of the grandkids. Now I am taking pictures of everything. Thank goodness for digital because I can take a ton of pics and delete all the bad ones.

Finding new ways to pass the time is very important.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome, Nel! This is a lovely group here :-)

Grace, happy to hear your blood tests came back normal. That's always a good thing.

I'm getting ready to wind down from the evening since I just heard today that I go back to my part time temp job next week and I have to go through a raft of bureaucracy and paperwork before they actually let me walk in the door! So I will be getting up early some days and on those I'll be posting in the evening instead of morning.

Happy dreams :-)
Sassy
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hello Nel

MB - I really hope your blues pass soon. I often get very down but it does pass. Keep hanging in.

Grace - gald the test results cam back good.

I hope all my Undeis have a great night (or day).

Much love
Old 03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

09.10 Wed

Morning Undies

I'm totally confused about what day it is, I'm in work and this week should be my Tue, Wed, Thur week, but with having yesterday off, I keep thinking it's Tuesday! I'll put it down to old age and poverty!
I'm not too well this morning, I think I may have a bit of a chest infection, I've coughed all night and had very little sleep because I was all stuffed up and couldn't breathe, so I'm sat here all tired and red eyed. I've not sported that look for a while and the last time I did it was self-inflicted!
It's cold and grey this morning but I don't care because I'm here until 19.00.

I can't believe how busy this thread has become, I love it, it is so loving, caring and supportive. When I first joined it there were only two or three of us! I may have difficulties in remembering you all, so apologies given in advance.

Hi Bloss, hope you're okay, is B away now or is he going away? I know how the A.V tries to sneak in when we're alone, so stick close and read and post as much as you can. xxxx

Boonie, that's the joy about digital cameras, being able to delete the ones that are rubbish. I love mine, I use mine mainly for the g.children too.

Thanks Saskia, it is good when the test results come back normal, though to be honest I wasn't worried about them this time!
Great stuff that you can go back to work next week, what do you do?
Get some good you time in before you go.

Morning Nicky, down in bonny Scotland. Hope all is well with you and the family.

Hi to everyone esle, I'll be back later no doubt to catch up a bit more.

Stay safe and sober.

Gxx

Just for today I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests; hurry and indecision.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Woops, TTABP, I missed you there, sorry, can't even say we were posting at the same time!
yes, bloods good. You have a good day/night too. Take care. xx
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Morning Undies

Warm welcome Nel great to have you here.

Congratulations Siesta!! Fantastic achievment. Bet you're feeling stronger as the days go by.

Grace My chirpy sober buddy. So pleased your results were fine. Okay time for a wee reminder. Get some *me time*soon. haha x

Bloss Have a good week ahead, just keep doing what your doing. It's working. I love the way you tackle your sober journey, positive thinking. Enjoy your walk and give blossom a big hug from me.x

Mindnightblue Sending you some more positive thoughts. Kick that blue mood into touch. We're all here for you.

Dee As always you say the right thing.

Sober1ck I can actually get a few tunes out my piano now and loving it. Hope you're good my friend.

To all you lovely Undies out there, keep up the good sharing and work. We're all in this together.

Catch you all Later
x
Old 03-06-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi undies!

Just hopping on real quick to check in before work. Yesterday someone brought in a puppy they found in the bushes outside a liquor store! He's only about 6 weeks we think. We have already found an awesome home for the lil guy and he will be with his new owner this afternoon.

Have a great positive day everyone!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you are doing well. Had a great morning so far doing a devotional with a cup of good coffee. It is really nice waking up in a non hangover state of mind and body.

Yesterday on the way home for work, the urge to go by the liquor store jumped on me like a lion on a gazelle. Wow!! I made it through by talking out loud to my AV and by "Playing the tape to the end." No way I wanted to start over again and disappoint myself, my wife and God.

Once I got home I got busy and cooked a rally nice dinner for my wife. Free at last.

Have a great day Undies.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Welcome Nel! this is an amazing thread!
And Boonie, you are not sorry about my weather LOLOLOL! It snows every friggin day and I would take Florida right now in an instant!

Another good morning here.... Lots of praying and being positive.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good morning all, Critica I feel you on the weather, I am ready for spring. We have had a ton of snow here in the good old mid west (IL) It been beautiful snowfalls this past week but I am ready for spring, I heard Sunday it suppose to be 60!! The weather is so crazy! Booniecat I talk to my AV to out loud and it does help but I gotta admit I'm pretty mean to it...lol... Well undies I need to go feed my dog and my 3 parakeets, I will check back later. Have a great day! Nell.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi Undies, for a fleeting moment I'm

Today is day 61 for me, and for this minute, I'm not afflicted with cravings. I'm restless because of being kind of a bum, but will try to be more productive today. Glad to hear about the music-making in the Caledonia house! Will check in a bit later, have a good day everyone.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi again, just had lunch, still suffering but have taken some parecetamol.

Nicky, yes it's good about my blood test results, though I wasn't concerned about them, they were for thyroid function and a full blood count, nothing worrying. I do suffer with an underactive thryroid but my medication didn't need upping, so all well and good.
I know, I know, I 'm really good at telling others at getting some 'me time'', yet it's such a struggle for me to get any and I can't see it getting any easier in the unforeseable future. It's something I really need to look at seriously.
Great stuffl with the piano playing.

B.F poor little puppy, I don't know how people can abandon them, so unneccessary.

Booniecat, well done on dismissing the A.V, it does get easier, so stay focused.

Hi Critica, you're sounding good I have to say. Snow every day? Brrr it wouldn't impress me!

Nel, I don't envy you the snow at all. Yuck, I only like it on Christmas cards, horrible, cold, wet, slushy stuff. I imagine my A.V as being an ugly little gargoyle sitting on my left shoulder and my guardian angel sits on my right shoulder. The angel always wins the day of course!

Anyway, I'm off again.

Back later

Gxxxx
Old 03-06-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey Undies

Nicky - what in heaven's name is that - that the cute doggie in your avatar is playing with?

BF - so nice you found the pup a home so quickly!

Booniecat - good job resisting the urge. Playing the tape to the end has helped me many times. Keep it up and keep cooking for your wife. Neither my husband nor I cook - we eat a lot of microwave meals which are not the healthiest. My hubby just had a health issue so we are trying to learn to cook but there is a real knack to it that we are both lacking.

Critica - embrace the snow. I love snow. (Of course, we are suposed to get it here overnight and tomorrow I will be cursing about having to shovel.)

Happy 61st day sober1ck!

Grace - I hope you feel better soon

MB - hope you are feeling brighter

Bloss, Saskia, Siesta, OLL, Gilmer, of course you Dee, and anyone I missed - be well and be good!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning undies, Seems like there's a good, happy vibe on this thread this morning. The sun is out here for now, which totally cheers up my mood. Might get rain later though. Guess we need it. Moving right along with my kitchen cabinet painting project. Keeping me busy on my days off, which is great. My first month 1/2 was spent being pretty unproductive but now I'm full of energy, which is a great feeling. Doc says I was anemic which causes fatigue, so maybe the iron pills are kicking in. Whatever it is....my apartment is so clean, I think my hubby is becoming uncomfortable in it!
MB, hope you are feeling less blue today.
Grace, sorry you are under the weather. It definitely sounds like you do need some "me" time. Thank you for posting all of your thoughtful posts during your busy days!
Boozefree, so glad the puppy has a new home Hope you're having a good work day.
Booniecat, love that you talk out loud to your AV! I haven't done that yet, but maybe I'll try it. Critica, glad you are having a good morning, even with the snow. I lived in the mountains here in CA for about 5 years where it snowed a bit, and I know it's not for me. I can't imagine snow everyday!
Good morning to you too Nel. Hope you are having a good day in the Midwest!
Sober1ck, so glad to hear you are having a happy moment! Take it and run with it!! Congrats on 61 days! I think we have the same Sober bday.
Ttbabp, have you and your hubby thought about taking a cooking class together? Might be fun... I don't really cook either. My hubby does, but we tend to go out a lot or get take out. I love when he cooks though.
Hello to everyone else, hope to hear from you soon. I'm headed out with the dog to enjoy the weather. Yay!!! No more hangovers!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for your well wishes TTBABP, I’m absolutely streaming right now, sharing the love at work! I’ll have to dose myself up good and proper tonight and try and get some sleep.
I hope your husband is feeling better and good luck with the cookery microwave meals are full of salt and additives. Just go for simple, healthy things at first like jacket potatoes, with whatever fillings you have, chicken is easy enough to cook too and wholemeal pasta dishes. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it once you get into it, I just wish I had time to do more.

Hi Siesta, it’s amazing how much better we feel when the sun is out and the sky is blue! I used to suffer terribly from anaemia and it really does make you feel drained with no energy, so the iron tablets must be doing their job. It’s such a good feeling to be productive.

Gxx
Old 03-06-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sober1ck, sorry I missed you there, there are just so many of us now ( that isn't a complaint). I'm glad to hear you are feeling happy today, lets hope this is the beginning of a turning point. xx