Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 6

Old 04-03-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat - I do love impatiens. I have had them in the past in hanging baskets - managed to kill them and felt awful about it. Maybe I'll give it a go again
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Night all
Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Administrator

night RAL

D
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

hi Cat- around our house we have the standards, lots of daffodils and pastel colored tulips. Hubby loves glads so we have them planted also, we realized last year that they need support as they grow so tall, and top heavy, so we ran a line of string in front of them. probably do the same this year, looks really tacky but what can I say . Found this plant called a moss rose, very low ground covering type, that we didnt realize was a perenial (?), so it is popping up all over now also HA! You would be in hysterics if you saw us standing over a plant debating if it is a weed or a flower. Hubby likes to give all plants EVERY opportunity to bloom, Hubby- "See!it has a bloom bud on it and YOU wanted to kill it!!", Me--- "Hubby,thats a missplaced dandylion, they should die"
We do have issues with hanging baskets, he waters till water flows through at a steady stream, every day, I am not as liberal with the water. FYI we live in a 6 hour + sun, high desert area. I think we are beyond help, but THIS year I am going to keep better track of what blooms when and where so this fall we can be smarter at planting.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Nightly check in after a few hours at the beach.

I had to scold some dufus for poking at a horse shoe crab. He said he wanted to get a picture and was only pushing it up towards the water. What?! "Don't you realize how fragile they are? Would you like someone jabbing a stick in your GUT!?" Nonetheless, after a few colorful words exchanged he finally left.

Best part of the outing was that my cooler was NOT stocked with beer as it usually was when going to the beach! It was great to kick back and take it all in being in complete control.

TT - they take lots of water - usually 2x a day. When they start wilting, they're thristy!

tazz - love that moss rose - you're lucky to have it come back up. And yes, water till it runs through the bottom of the pot! It sounds like you will have some lovely color this spring with the bulbs.

Nite to RAL and anyone else out there ready to retire.

It's tea time for me! Have a great evening!!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Night RAL

Thanks again Cat. Enjoy your tea.

Tazz, Tam, courage, Alice, Fallow, gonzo, Dee and everybody. Be well.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning!

Look at all if the green thumbs! I have attempted to have an herb garden but I kill it... Every time which is a shame because I really like to cook and I like to use fresh herbs, not the dried ones.

Ready, I hope you are feeling better. Courage you too.

Cat, good on you for not taking beer to the beach. That can be hard depending on the beach, that's for sure.

TT, have fun with your busy days at work, I live days like that. Makes the time fly.

Hi Gonzo, Marria, Fallow, SoberHappyHour, Dee, Napster, Alice and anyone else I have missed. It isn't personal..: I don't have a cheat sheet: lol

Off to work, my meal plan is going well so far, I just need to do my prep and cooking over the weekend because it is a lot for a weekday. I was at Wally World last night (blech) and needed goat cheese and it was in the middle of a giant wine display. And I was ok! I normally send my partner in for me and keep my head down, but last night I was ok to get it myself.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Morning all, just a quick check in. Dragging my tail a bit today, went to the game last night, was crazy good. Other team tied it up with 7 seconds left and forced overtime, our team won it about 18 minutes into the first OT period. Exciting but didn't get home till pretty late, and then was jazzed from the game so took a while to wind down and get to sleep. Ah well, nothing a few more coffees won't fix and was worth it. Was up in a box suite of some people we work with and the booze was all over the place. Wasn't an issue as I don't drink in public, and then was really happy I wasn't drinking when I saw the little sheets they were using to keep everyone's tabs, they were charging $8.50 for a bottle of beer. Crazy. So what I didn't spend on beer I can go for a few extra nice lunches to close out the week here.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hi December. No time for a proper post just wanted to check in.

Courage - I hope you are feeling better!
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hey December quitters,

Until 2 days ago I never counted my exact days sober. Do you guys count day by day or just monthly ? So today is day 116 sober. Anyway, the excitement of being sober wore out for me, I discovered just a couple days ago as well. Starting spring break now, I think it's time to get back into the gym, my favorite thing to do. That should get my to the next step in my sobriety and bring back some excitement that I feel like I lost recently and had me thinking of going back to the bar scene. Thanks for reading, everyone.c017:
Old 04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi SoberHappyHour, I stopped counting days and started months... But that's A preferential thing, I think?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Had a bad day you know just one of those days when everything annoys you. Firstly,I'm expecting some money which didn't appear.Then I spoke to my mortgage company as I'm renting myhouse out when I move and they won't give permission I didn't even realize I needed permission.It's so frustrating. loads of people let their houses out and I'm sure many of them don't tell their lenders. I can;t remortgage as not working and can't do buy to let YET as credit history not the best. I need to spend 6 months repairing credit history then go for a BTL but in the meantime I will have to let it out and hope mortgage company doesn't find out.There's no reason they should as long as payments UTD. My insurances are separate and will be in order. I know it's not ideal-strange 6 months ago it wouldn't have bothered me, now my conscience says it's not great as dishonest but what can I do.I can't have an empty property for 6-12 months. Ah the stress. Chocolate being taken, not alcohol though.

Still not sure when moving as not completed. Solicitor on holiday. Junior RAL is supposed to be starting at his new school on 15th and a 500 mile school run is a little impractical

And breathe...........................................
Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Ready, my sponsor would say chocolate is way better than wine in this case. Sorry for the stress. I wish I had a solution but I got nothin. Just a hug.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

SHH - I sort of count days. At the end of each month I count how many days it has been today is 125 for me. Congrats on 116!

RAL - so sorry about your troubles. I am sure it will all work out - I know easy for me to say. Keep your head up and keep moving forward. I will send good vibrations your way
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know nothing about that stuff either RAL. It's all greek to me.
I'm wishing you well tho - hope you get it sorted.

D
Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words Dee,TTBABP & Lynn. Things don't seem so bad after a decent sleep. The relief at waking sober never fails to amaze me even now. Reflecting on yesterday it shows how far we've come and how our coping mechanisms have changed, even in such a short time. I didn't want to drink,my brain didn't try and convince me to drink to cope. That's not to say it won't again,I'm sure it will but for now it's ok,

Happy days everyone.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Sorry about ranting so much last night. Just had such an odd day. Does anyone find since getting sober your memories about the past that you'd buried are more prominent? When I was 16 I had a relationship with a man in his late thirties for 3 years. At the time I thought it was great he had his own house,own car, money seemed really mature etc. Naturally my parents were horrified. I didn't see the problem.only now as an adult do I see the distasteful (for want of a better word) nature of the relationship. Yesterday I found out that he is living in Thailand. He'll be 60 now and I can only imagine what he is doing out there. There were rumours over the years about his interest in mid-teens. I don't know why I'm even saying this,it just added to the odd nature of yesterday plus thinking of things long gone.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberHappyHour View Post
Hey December quitters,

Until 2 days ago I never counted my exact days sober. Do you guys count day by day or just monthly ? So today is day 116 sober. Anyway, the excitement of being sober wore out for me, I discovered just a couple days ago as well. Starting spring break now, I think it's time to get back into the gym, my favorite thing to do. That should get my to the next step in my sobriety and bring back some excitement that I feel like I lost recently and had me thinking of going back to the bar scene. Thanks for reading, everyone.c017:
Hi SHH

I was always an avid counter Over the last month or so I've lost an exact daily count.I have a rough idea where I'm at and use the sobertime calculator every week or so. 118 days today I think The gym is a great part of sobriety for me too
Old 04-05-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning Ready, no need to apologize for ranting, that's what this place is for! And yes, things are coming up... I know some people believe that we had "alcoholic" behaviors long before we ever took our first drink. Not sure if I agree. I do think we buried this crap for a long time under once substance or another. And going through my step 4 precursor packet is dredging up what I wouldn't want to remember... LOL

And agreed, it is so nice to wake up sober. No more regret or panic or... Oh crap. What did I do or say?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning all

Drive by because I am at work... I m through my step 4 stuff and then I saw the registered dietitian. I also got crazy and downloaded some OA podcasts.... I am seeing that my weight has been an issue for me since the 4th grade and it keeps coming up. Don't know what I am saying or why. I was binge eating the last couple of months and my sponsor says, it is better than drinking... I'm not so sure though because it causes the same panic feelings and shame... And secrecy. I never hid my wine bottles. I did hide my wrappers. Huh.

As I usually say in a meeting (if I do talk) that's all I got. Lol