Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 6

Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
p***enger

It worked, Tam!

Welcome, Fallow! I'm so glad you joined our thread.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Morning all, and hey Fallow, hope everyone is enjoying Saturday, lazy here so far just having coffee. Have a fairly full plate planned, starting on the yard prunings, then nephews to the park this afternoon, then hockey game tonight with dad & now my uncle instead of nephew. I'll have him tuckered out enough anyways by then he won't care, he usually just likes to go for the mascot anyways and it's playoffs so the ticket was rather premium.

Congrats on your 6 years Dee, so awesome. Small world courage, mine is the day after your sons on the 7th.

Stay strong today all.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Hey all

Welcome Fallow
Old 03-30-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Everybody must be BUSY this fine Saturday (or Sunday).

Happy Easter All!
Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Gonzo

D
Old 03-30-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hi Class!

Fallow! Always room for another into this wacky class.

Today was a great day up until I got to the store and witnessed a gal walking out of the liquor store with a 12 pack of Bud Light Lime. I remembered how I loved the taste of that stuff. My mood changed for the better though when I got into the store to find NO shopping carts.

Holy Toledo! Where did all these people come from? After a woman almost plowed into me while attempting to "unstick" a wheel on her cart, I put it in high gear to get out of there quick!

I grabbed what I needed and made a quick departure after talking the manager into knocking a hanging basket down 1/2 price since it was ready to head to the dumpster.

My day was complete with a new plant and totally forgot about the 12 pack.

Happy Easter! Stay sober and stay well!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Everyone

Hope you had a lovely relaxing day Gonzo

Great to see you back posting Cat,hope you got through the first few rough days ok and are starting to feel better. Enjoy your new plant

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.Happy, healthy,sober Easter to all.x
Old 03-31-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Happy Easter everyone!

Yesterday we volunteered at a Japanese cultural festival at my church for a few hours. It was fun. I worked the food table and my partner worked the beer table.

Then I had my meeting at the same church. It was a good meeting about the tools you use to not drink. We were put back into the choir room because the festival took over every other room. People kept coming into the room and one of the guys kept guiding them out... Then at the end, one of the guys that worked the beer table busts in, loudly, with one cart of leftover beer! Lol I laughed because of the irony... But i feel bad because i am not struggling so it didn't bother me but there is a girl there who is really struggling to hold on. So my partner (who loves to go to the open meetings) got up and kicked them out and told them to give us 30 mins.

I have church in a couple of hours and then a meeting with my sponsor to go over what I have done thus far with my 4th step (eek) and a meeting tonight.

Fallow, glad you are here. Keep posting, get comfy!!

Cat, I wasn't a huge beer drinker but I too loved the taste of bud light lime... Good for you for getting it out of your head. Ugh. I had to go to Publix yesterday, what a nightmare!

Ready, good to see you!

TT, howdy! And gonzo, courage, Dee, tazzle and anyone else I missed. If you celebrate Easter, have a good one. If not then have a good day!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

I've been on this board about a month and didn't kno this existed. But I quit on December 10. I was reading through some of these posts and it appears that quite a few people have been feeling somewhat bipolar lately and I can say that I've been feeling the same. I'll be happy as heck and all of a sudden I just feel pessimistic about this whole sober experience. Maybe it's a class of December 2012 thing ? Lol but I'm hanging on and doing what I can to remain optimistic as possible and continuing the great feeling of sobriety.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Welcome Soberhappyhour great to have you here.I went to the doc last month-Iwas just sorry I'd not gone sooner

Lynn-you did well not worrying about the beer. Be proud of how far you've come since December.We'd have all probably chugged it then
Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome here, Soberhappyhour. Glad to have another Decembrist join our group!

Mood swings is the name of the game for me these days, for sure! I'm dragging myself around, forcing myself to go to AA meetings, tolerating life between cups of coffee. On the other hand, I've finished more work in the last 4 days than in the previous year, and I can remotely believe that a different future is possible.

My sponsor told me last week that "ism" is an acronym for "I sabotage myself". I hope to learn to recognize when I'm doing that ('most always), and stop myself in time, before I reach for a drink, pills, or any other handy means of destruction.

It's supposed to be a season of rebirth. I wish everyone a fresh & new beginning this spring.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  
Administrator

Easter just doesn't have the same association here in autumn lol....still heading into my favorite 6 months of the year tho

Welcome SoberHappyHour
Old 03-31-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
p***enger

Can't imagine Easter not associated with spring. Maybe I should move to the southern hemisphere for a while, shake up my assumptions.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Welcome SHH - I think we all experience the mood swings for awhile. I sill am = just ride them out. Happy to have you join the class.

Thanks Tam - I do celebrate Easter and I had a lovely day.

I hope all the rest of you did too!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi SoberHappyHour! Welcome! Hope you come back and post.

Dee, I can't imagine that... But when people are in Florida, I hear all the time, "It just doesn't feel like Christmas when it is 80 degrees out!" All perception. Again, congrats on your 6 years!

Thanks, Ready, I told my sponsor that story too today.

Hi Courage!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Tam

D
Old 03-31-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

SoberHappyHour! We all go through swings in different shapes and sizes. You may feel like throwing in the towel but it's not worth it. My recent relapse told me just that. My body was almost demanding more alcohol but I had to fight it for a couple of days and drill it into my mind that I WILL NOT have alcohol control my life. Again, welcome to the December class!

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Great to see you back posting Cat,hope you got through the first few rough days ok and are starting to feel better. Enjoy your new plant
Thx RAL! I'm feeling great while I never experienced the awful withdrawals as I had in the past after year long benders. It was a freak drinking episode that I hoped would be short lived, and it was. The plant is a Torenia and it's looking much happier that I cleaned it up. I needed more shade plants and this is perfect.

Originally Posted by Tamerua View Post
Cat, I wasn't a huge beer drinker but I too loved the taste of bud light lime... Good for you for getting it out of your head. Ugh. I had to go to Publix yesterday, what a nightmare!
I must have had rocks in my head not putting it all together as in Spring break, day before Easter and Publix closed on Sunday. :crazy

Sounds like you had an adventurous and fun day with the festival and meeting.

Courage - you have such a nice, positive perspective for yourself. Keep up the great work and Happy Spring!!

Nothing to earth shattering today but cooking on the grill and piddling around with my plants. I "think" I'm looking forward to work tomorrow and more importantly that it will be kind to me.

A big hello to Dee, TT, gonzo, Fallow, tazzle and anyone else missing from the cheat sheet that I never compiled.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

happy sunday evening all short check in. Had a wonderful day,lots of yard work done, hanging flower baskets made, weeding. short ride on the bikes. loving life right now!

Lynn- havent had a chance to try the picture add yet. Will do though, you give great direction!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Love your signature Dee.It reminds me of the film "The best exotic Marigold Hotel' I recommend it if anyone hasn't seen it,very lighthearted and fun

Tazzle-that sounds a very productive day.

Cat-glad it wasn't too bad and you're back on track

Junior RAL and puppy RAL were playing in the garden.Stupidly I had left a tin of red paint outside.Now the garden looks like a scene from CSI with blood everywhere, puppy RAL who was black is now red and junior RAL is also covered in red paint thinking it's hilarious. Luckily it wasn't gloss so bath for both of them and hoping no one thinks my garden is a murder scene

Hope everyone is having a less stressful day
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope everyone had a good Easter if that's your thing. Had a great weekend overall, Saturday was good, busy all day and night, then dinner yesterday. Dinner was much more low key than we usually have. Normally there are at least 12-15 and yesterday we only had 8, fine with me, had more in my leftover bucket when I left so turkey sandwiches all day here.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.