http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks for keeping us organizized, Dee!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Evening all, just a quick driveby. Bid went well, was successful, so its twice as good because now I dont need to do the one that was for Thursday. First one to congratulate me was my old buddy AV I hadn't heard from in almost a month, he thought we should probably celebrate tonight because hey, work will be slower tomorrow. Didn't last but good little reminder he isn't ever going anywhere. So now we're celebrating here with a grape slurpee, think I earned chicken fettucini for dinner and watching the game later.

Have a good night all.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
p***enger

You totally earned chicken fettucine & a game! And choc cake! Congratulations, Gonzo!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great news Gonzo-you did good
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello December.

Just wanted to say hi before I'll go to work again. Then I will have two days off. Two days, oh my god... is this christmas already? I'll have that time to rest that I was dreaming about. I'm gonna spend it with my family. I hope that everything will go well.

Have a good day.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I folks, another quick check in before bed.

My moods are really all over the place, it's reminding me of the first 3 weeks. I got some things I'd been avoiding done and out of the way tonight (probably what my anxiety was about last night). So now it's 10pm and I don't feel tired because I'm excited that I finished those phone calls and they weren't actually that bad after all.

I'm aware that my moods are a warning for relapse for me, as I'm getting a bit self destructive and negative in my thought patterns. So I'm going to force myself to act happy, and think happy thoughts and "Fake it til I make it". Hopefully this will pass and things will settle soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

This link may make interesting reading Alice

PAWS | Digital Dharma

D
Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
p***enger

WARNING: The following post is whiny and self-indulgent. Feel free to skip!

Dragging today -- I kind of crashed last night. My husband, that vocabulary whiz, said my mood at dinner was corrosive -- but that it was better than the way I used to be, which he described as "shell-shocked."

Somebody on the gratitude list was able to be grateful for rain because it made him/her appreciate the sun, but I can't dig that deep today LOL!

Hope everyone finds something to be truly grateful for today...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey courage,at least you didn't drink-THAT is a huge positive,Be proud of yourself.

Sending you a to make you smile
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hello and happy mid week to all. Life is just cruising along for me right now, I guess thats a good thing. I know March is going to be a crazy month, something planned for every week end, all fun stuff actually. Good friends visiting, bar b ques. All good!
If anyone likes rice dishes, found a wonderful one the other day, wild rice, carrots, mushrooms, onions, almonds,,, so good!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Howdy all! Sorry everyone is down, I have been too which is why I haven't posted and then it hit me. At work. Things are crazy, I'm crabby and then, I wanted to cry... because i felt really fat. Light bulb. PMS rearing its ugly head. Ack. Haven't wanted to talk to my sponsor either but I do still call.

Courage, you may not dig that deep yet but you are sober!

Alice, I think the mood swings are going to be normal for a bit... I think? What the heck do I know. I'm thinking about you.

2incons, have a good two days off. Pamper yourself!

Tazzle, Ready, Dee and all, hi!

Lynn
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all

Not much to report here. Feeling bleurghhhh too. Just wanted to say hi
xx
Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Gosh, I haven't checked in for awhile. I feel bad about that, but my focus lately has been on replying to other members' threads. I'm glad that it appears as though the majority of our class is still here.

I lost count a couple of weeks ago, but just did the math. 81 days for me today! Woo-hoo! Looks like I will be able to get my 3 month chip at AA in two weeks. I don't think I've gone this long without getting drunk in 10 years.

Today was huge as I graduated from my six week intensive outpatient treatment program. Graduations entail making a brief speech to the group, and hearing feedback from the group members. I was struck by the beautiful things others had to say.

I'm continuing on with an eight week extended outpatient program starting tomorrow. I decided to do this because of the fellowship, support, and accountability (random UAs). I feel like for now, this is the best way to keep myself sober and to keep recovery front-of-mind.

In other news, I began seeing a therapist to start to deal with my underlying anxiety issues. I'm convinced I was self-medicating my anxiety with alcohol. It's time to learn some healthy ways to deal with it instead of drinking.

Thank you everyone for your support! Best wishes to you all, and I promise to make an appearance here more often!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Super quick check in, I don't seem to have any free time during the week!

My mood is bordering on bi-polar this week, manically happy one moment, miserable and spiteful the next.

I think it might be because my Valium is about to run out. I've been taking a quarter tablet as a crutch to help me sleep maybe 5 times a week, and I am down to my last quarter. I really relied on Valium to quiet the beast at the start, so I'm thinking that's what's going on, even though I don't "need" it any more. That's the only thing I can pin it to. I caught my brain racing today in that "I need a drink to calm down" way, and realised that when I was quitting I took a Valium to calm down instead, so that's why I think that's what's going on.

I really hope everyone is OK, I'm sorry for not getting time to read through tonight. So hectic at the moment, I get about 1.5 hours to myself at night to make dinner and do some cleaning and that's about it. I need to re prioritise.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats Condo. I thought it was about time for me to check in. I just picked up 60my days.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good morning, all --

Charlienoogan, it was great to see your post this a.m., and congratulations on your continued sobriety! It sounds like you're working hard on your recovery. I hope you'll check in here often!

Pixienotipsy, not sure who Condo is, but congratulations on your 60 days!

AliceTW, what kind of support are you getting? I think getting off the valium is good, but what's your plan for coping with the urges when it's gone?

2Inc -- hope you're getting a refreshing rest.

Tazzle, it sounds like you're in a good mental place! I find cooking is good for my mind, while it lasts. With something even slightly complicated, I can't concentrate on anything else when I cook. Last night I made curried grilled chicken with mixed veg and dal.

Tam & Ready, you gotta KNOW I sympathize with the bleurghhhh and the PMS and the crabby & the whole 9 yards of feeling like cr*p. What's going on with us? Is this what they mean when they say people get squirrely as they get near 90 days?

Everybody, stay on the sober track today, whether you're sprinting or trudging. It's the road that matters, not the pace.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Maybe it is approaching the 90 days thing courage.Just hope it improves. I've read many people on SR saying things improved at 3 months and things seemed to shift-here's hoping it's true

congrats on 81 days charlie and 60 pixie
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning all, putting 1 month in the bag today, its a short month but hey, so is February. Not much on the go, just working away and watching the forecast to see if going skiing tomorrow. Congrats to everybody at 2 months and almost 3 months. Don't let the mood swings get you, just think you would still have been in a bad mood if you'd been drinking, just bad mood plus hangovers instead. It will get better, spring on the way (or fall for Alice).

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Originally Posted by gonzo4419 View Post
just think you would still have been in a bad mood if you'd been drinking, just bad mood plus hangovers instead. It will get better, spring on the way (or fall for Alice).

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
Amen to that! Thanks gonzo! And congrats on the month! Doesn't matter if it was short or long. It was sober!

Spring is officially here, the Phillies have started to train down the street from me... I should set up a hot dog stand and parking to earn some money. Lol