View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
tazzle

hi Cat- around our house we have the standards, lots of daffodils and pastel colored tulips. Hubby loves glads so we have them planted also, we realized last year that they need support as they grow so tall, and top heavy, so we ran a line of string in front of them. probably do the same this year, looks really tacky but what can I say . Found this plant called a moss rose, very low ground covering type, that we didnt realize was a perenial (?), so it is popping up all over now also HA! You would be in hysterics if you saw us standing over a plant debating if it is a weed or a flower. Hubby likes to give all plants EVERY opportunity to bloom, Hubby- "See!it has a bloom bud on it and YOU wanted to kill it!!", Me--- "Hubby,thats a missplaced dandylion, they should die"
We do have issues with hanging baskets, he waters till water flows through at a steady stream, every day, I am not as liberal with the water. FYI we live in a 6 hour + sun, high desert area. I think we are beyond help, but THIS year I am going to keep better track of what blooms when and where so this fall we can be smarter at planting.