Notices

Class of January 2013 pt 4

Old 01-26-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Great post, serenityforme, thank you. So nice to lie in on Sunday morning and read such supportive posts by our SR group. Really keeps me motivated too. Australia Day was fun - quiet for me, maybe next year I'll join in the festivities...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lisamum View Post
First time I have been so tempted
As Dee said to me a few weeks back, LisaMum, stand your ground. No way you're going to lose ths battle!
Old 01-26-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post
A couple of people on here have had a rough day so here is something that might give you a smile.
Thanks, bounced. This made me laugh!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

well, I messed up and have to restart. so sad and dissapointed in myself.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Please don't beat yourself up Ruby, you messed up, you realize it and you are in the right place. Do something nice for yourself, even if it's only eating a chocolate bar
Just because you messed up does not mean you are not worthy of kindness...:ghug3. Sending you big hugs.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rubycanoe View Post
hey
just look forward
we all mess up on her
dont be hard on urself
before u know it u will have the
stuff out of ur system again
and u can look back on this time in how u
felt
just another lesson to gain strength from
Old 01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think about what you need to add to what you've been doing Ruby - do you need more changes, more support?

we've all been there - this is not the end...just a bump

welcome back

D
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

sorry we all mess up on "here"

hard to type late at night on my phone
lol
Old 01-26-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

thanks

thank you so much to carlotta and yestofreedom. I really needed the reassurance today. I know I can do it now, and that I cannot have just 1 or 2, I wil drink 6 pack or whatever I have. Can't stop anymore, it is a problem. Thanks again. appreciate your support. and thanks to Dee!! you have been a support so glad you have stayed sober and for your service.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hey all. Haven't been on here as much as I should but hope everyone's doing ok. Am having a dreadful time with changing medication and worrying about norovirus but no booze for me! Have been sooo tempted just to ease the anxiety but am ploughing through sober instead. Logically I know that it'd just make my symptoms and anxiety worse in the long run but it would be so easy to just say 'sod it' and give myself a break from the constant worrying for a wee while. Not an option though so will keep going and hope next week is better!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi all- about to leave for the inlaws party this evening...a little freaked out but my husband and I are leaving early. I plan to eat 10xs my body weight in food. Hoping to check in tonight or in the morning with how it went. Wish me luck!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Lunetta - stick to the plan

D
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

just a word about language too guys.

We want everyone to feel welcome and feel comfortable enough to join the conversation.

the general rule of thumb here (rule 9) is to keep it 'work safe' - that way noone is likely to be offended

thanks all

D
Old 01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee I survived the party. No one cared that I drank 50 diet pepsis instead of margaritas. It was laid back, not bad at all and no urge to drink. I even brought a bottle of tequila for the birthday girl but tequila seriously grosses me out so no trouble there. Overall a success!! Going to bed to catch up on much needed rest and working some tomorrow without a hangover!!
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Lunetta

D
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Morning ...

Haven't been doing too good. Everything really got to me the losing job etc so I shut myself off and went back to wine oclock every other evening.

Anyway just a quick one as it is my DD's birthday today. I'm on day 4 and have been up since 6 playing hungry hippos and batman!

Normally on the kids birthdays I would get them home exhausted, put them to bed and crack open the wine as a congratulations/reward to me. I've already decided I'll be sticking around here tonight instead.

Anyway I better shoot. Lots to do before the party. Its at a massive indoor play place and I'm driving so no temptation there. Just need to keep driving past the shop on the way home. I can do that.

I've been diving back into my RR book, which I haven't read fully before (skimmer!) and at the moment am conking out after a few pages.

Anyway I must get going. Just wanted to pop by. I'm so sick of this revolving door stuff now.

Huge hugs to all my classmates.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rubycanoe View Post
Sorry to hear that, Rubycanoe. How long have you been trying? Did anything trigger your relapse? The main thing is you're back with us and re-motivated. Hang in there, Rubycanoe.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lunetta View Post
Hi all- about to leave for the inlaws party this evening...a little freaked out but my husband and I are leaving early. I plan to eat 10xs my body weight in food. Hoping to check in tonight or in the morning with how it went. Wish me luck!
Good luck, Lunetta! You can do this! I learnt something about myself in a rellie event a bit like yours. It was an afternoon tea at a close relative's today - just back actually (BTW, who puts on afternoon teas these days?). Anyway, I would normally have gone half-tanked so that I'd be more outgoing, good company, etc... But not today. And as I sat there, I asked myself over and over why I was having such an uninteresting time. And then I realised - I was bored out of my mind. The conversation was trivial and I was cornered at the back of the table. (I feel ungrateful saying this - it's good to have rellies who invite you over - right?). But this got me thinking about the number of times I've drunk to avoid boring situations. The silver lining here is that I'm starting to get more clarity about why I drank on these sorts of occasions. Now, what to do about it - grin and bear it, I guess!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Morning ...

Haven't been doing too good. Everything really got to me the losing job etc so I shut myself off and went back to wine oclock every other evening.
You've taken up the struggle again, MTN - that's the main thing. Stay strong and keep posting. Thinking of you.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Decided to treat myself to some pretty plants for the garden. Hubby kids and I are going out to plant roots for Lilly of the valley, ( he just yelled noooooo not me, what did I do, I'm busy ) tough. Some other ones that look nice with long strange names. My daffodils, narcissus, snow drops, crocuses, bluebells and tulips are starting to peep through. I love spring time in my garden. With the gladioli, sweet Williams and new ones summer will be great too.

Reeny: Thank you for kind words of support