# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

we continue from here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 12-22-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just signed up to the meditation site. That will be fun when it starts and we are all doing the meditation challenge together.

I love how we are all complete strangers and will never likely meet, but we are all growing and sharing together.

I'm feeling very emotional tonight. Love you guys!

S x
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Christmas party tonight. Will not be a problem.

Was downtown today. The traffic is unreal. Would be good to just stay home tonight.

Sazzle, do you remember when someone referred to you as sizzle. That is what I always think now when I see you here. Hey sizzle.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I appreciate the feedback on the meeting where the woman said to me "It's an attraction based program." So, I went there with the woman who is going to be my sponsor. But she had to leave early. I think maybe they didn't talk to me partly because I brought it up that I don't know if I am an alcoholic or not, and that it's been relatively easy for me to get sober. Maybe I pissed them off!

The Somersizing diet is kind of hard to explain, I had to read about it to understand it. If you are interested in doing it, message me and I will send you the basics.

It's a good night in sober-land! I am having family over tomorrow for brunch. Going to go make a dessert. Should I make brownies or a coffee cake? Hmmmmmm. Decisions.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was probably me VR - my eye sight's not great and my fingerwork is worse

I'm sorry you had a bad experience June but I guess AA is full of human beings, y'know?

D
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by veryready View Post
Sazzle, do you remember when someone referred to you as sizzle. That is what I always think now when I see you here. Hey sizzle.
Lol that's funny. Hope you enjoyed your Party.

S x
Old 12-22-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks June. I think I'm going to relax over Christmas and do this clean eating plan I've already got (shelves actually bulging from diet books!). I checked her books out in amazon and they had good reviews.

Good for you going back to the snooty class! Don't mess with Junebugapril. I think it's important to let them know as there may be people much more desperate than you who could be put off. It's really a matter of life and death.

Well I've woken early to make the festive soups for today's party. As its a buffet I'm serving them in bone china teacups! Chestnut and bacon & spices parsnip. Yumo!

Last night was a great meal out but I left rapidly and jumped in a cab with another couple. One guy there (whose wife was sitting 4 places away) kept grabbing at me and stroking my back. He's known in our group as a bit touchy feely and I'm cross that I ended up next to him because I'm quite sneaky when it comes to sitting where I want! I guess it was because I was avoiding another friend who loves to go into great medical detail about her and her family. Gosh I'm so hard to please!!

Anyway we did the secret Santa, which was hilarious, and I told my ex I was going and asked him to settle the bill for my bit and I'll pay him back. I was in bed by midnight and quite pleased as they were all rotten drunk and it would have got worse.

Sorry I've gone on again, I can't seem to help it!

S x
Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hi everyone,

Rochele - congrats on the 30 days!

June, I can't believe some of the issues you encounter at some of your meetings. You deserve a special chip just for sticking with it! Did you end up making brownies or coffee cake?

Sazzle, have a great time with your family. You have such an interesting life - I love hearing your stories.

Hello to everyone else! I enjoying reading all your posts.

I ventured out for some last minute shopping yesterday. I scored big time at Bath and Body Works (a store that sells good smelling bath products for those of you not in the US). They had a buy 3 get 3 on their bath products, then I had a 40 percent off coupon and $7 left on a gift card so I ended up with 4 bottles of bath gel and 2 lotions for $14. Bargains like that make my day and my daughter will be thrilled on Christmas morning.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Nikki - congratulations to you too on the 30 days!

Thanks for the picture of snow - we don't get any of that here and I miss snow sometimes. But, I'm sorry that your daughter won't make it because of the weather.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

GReat news here. My daughter is on the way! It took them 3 hours to clear their drive with help from friends yesterday so they got a very late start, but they will be here by this afternoon. They are bringing the snow with them though. We will have a white Christmas!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Charles, we have snow on the ground here about 5-6 months out of the year. By April I am hating the color white because it turns a gritty black.....
Old 12-23-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Been very busy the past few days, feeling like I have a handle on it all, but still so much to be done. Saved the cleaning and cooking for last.

Congrats to Rochele and Nikki on 30 days yesterday. Great job! Sorry if I missed anyone. I haven't been on as much and there's been so many posts, I couldn't keep up.

I signed up for the free Meditation Challenge too, that will be a nice way to start the new year. Feeling like I need to de-stress and center myself. Thanks for that link. Will be fun to do it together too.

Have a happy, sober Sunday all. Enjoy your time with friends and family.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nikki, I don't think I congratulated you on your 30 day milestone. Well done!

We are all doing so well in our November class, I'm so thrilled for us all. I see that last years november group still post a lot, so we must have chosen an auspicious month to quit.

I've just had the last of my family leave. What a busy day entertaining. Mum thinks it should be a new family tradition at my flat, which is nice.

Much fun was had, I love seeing my niece and nephew, 5&7 y/o so they are so excited about Christmas.

On thing I'll have to remember for next year was that, even though I said it wasn't a dry flat no-one bought any wine. I provided alcohol free mulled wine but thought they'd all bring a bottle and beers if they wanted them (which they did!). My brother in law had to dash to the local shop.

They know I'm not drinking so I'm not going to stock up on drinks that may get left over. Do you think I was right? Probably not good hosting etiquette, but given the circumstances I feel I did right.

I was smiling to myself when I was clearing up as there was only ONE empty red. Usually there are about 4 so looks like it was me that was drinking loads. I genuinely didn't crave or miss alcohol but the fam are really light drinkers.

Signing out on day 59- so excited about 60days but I'm treating myself to a small picture frame instead of the pandora birthstone ring. I'll save that for my 100 day treat.

Good night all

S x
Old 12-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charleesavedme View Post

Sazzle, have a great time with your family. You have such an interesting life - I love hearing your stories.
Aww thanks, I sometimes feel i go on too much! My life does seen mega busy right now. I'm hoping to have a chilled new year!

I love a bath product shop. I popped into that one when I went to New York a couple of months back. We have nothing comparable on that scale over here.

Your daughter is lucky!

S x
Old 12-23-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratultions Nikki - you too Sazzle

D
Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi beautiful people,

I ended up making coconut cookies. Didn't feel like fussing. These were really easy! found the recipe online Chewy Coconut Cookies Recipe - Allrecipes.com , and they were delicious.

It was lots of fun having the family over for brunch. Another recipe I made was one that is on my diet, and I love it.

Egg Cups

Butter a muffin tin
Beat eggs with real cream
Fill muffin cups with extra ingredients: I made different combinations of chopped spinach, chopped parsley, broccoli, browned pork sausages cut into slices, mushrooms, green onions, cheddar cheese.
Pour eggs in tins to 3/4 full.

Bake for 35 minutes at 350
Fill 3/4 full

I didn't eat any of the bagels from the bagel bakery. I only tasted a bite of the cookies to see if they were good. Yay on being sober. Double yay on getting thin, I hope!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nikki, so glad your dd is making the trip! Maybe even there by now? Yay!

FMFT, ugh. I also have left cleaning and wrapping! At least it is just us(4) this year. So if I do not get is really clean, nobody will know!

Sazzle, I think you did just fine. I do serve wine, even when I am being sober. So, the last party we had was nearly a year ago, a Superbowl party. I held off for a few hours, then I had 2 glasses of wine while people were here. Then, I polished off a bottle after they left. better not to have leftovers! way better. If I do it again, I will send leftovers home of simply dump them.

I am due to entertain for the new year. Informally, feels like my turn out of a crew we celebrated with the past few years. But I am going to let it go. Too soon to host and serve so much champagne and wine. Bubbly is a favorite of mine.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi June.

Yum! I make a similar egg cup recipe, but use some egg whites or fewer egg whites, and mix it all together before putting into tins. Great to keep in the fridge and nuke for breakfast.

I did Chinese dumplings today. we are having "snack dinner" for Christmas Eve. Shrimp, the dumplings, pigs in a blanket for the kids, lol. Veggies, etc... So, no more real cooking for me until dinner on Christmas Day and it is simple. Beef tenderloin, baked potatoes(sweet potato for me and hubby) salad and a steamed veggie.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

just checking in on the november folk. another weekend, they are starting to go by fast. good luck everyone over the holidays.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Just returned from a fantastic day of snowboarding in our wonderful Rocky Mountains. This was my first time up this year & my first time ever, completely sober. I took my young daughter who is learning & half way through the day she said she was proud of me for not having to go into the trees to pee yet . I asked her if she knew why , and it led to me being honest with her and explaining that I had quit drinking & no more beer all day meant more pit-stops! I have refrained from talking to her about it, but it was a wonderful conversation & now one of the people I am focused on doing this for can now hold me accountable. I am finding this whole honesty thing very freeing & comfortable. I had a great day with a clear head & conscience!

PS- all this talk about holiday treats has got me revved up for the coming days!! It all sounds good, hope everybody enjoys. I am roasting a duck, which I always look forward to!