Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 10

Old 01-13-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

tanja - hope your SUnday was serene also!

Nicky - glad you enjoyed the meeting. My best wishes for your brother. (as well as you of course)
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks TTBABP He's alright, not sick or anything. Unfortunately my brother also has an addiction of another kind but he's doing just fine at the moment.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I haven't been online too much this weekend. I've been trying to rest. My back has acted up all of a sudden and is really sore. I just got a call from my mom. My aunt ( technically great aunt) is in the hospital and the dr told her its not looking good so we all better head up there tomorrow to see her for what sounds to be the last time. She's had breathing issues for awhile but the dr is having a hard time stabilizing her breathing and she's coming in n out of it. I call her my aunt bc it's shorter and we were super close esp since my grandma died 3 yrs ago. I just went thru all the emotions and still dealing with the loss of my boss and now this. Geez
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for you and your aunt BF .

D
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Went to a meeting with low expectations, other than knowing one other person who was gonna be there. Wound up getting a good education from the experience. Probably the biggest thing I was aware of is how my emotions want to take charge. Someone said something that upset me, and I could just feel adrenaline coursing through me. By the time the comments went around, it was enough time and good thoughts that I was able to talk to Mr. Aggravating after the meeting. Being able to shake his hand felt good, although it would not have been possible right away.

I called my sponsor with the idea of venting a bit; I was mentioning who was at the meeting, mentioned the person who upset me, and before I could go on my sponsor said, "Oh, yeah. Great guy." Kind of shot me down. Oh well! I guess I'm about over it now.

Looks very much like my head will hit the pillow sober, so thanks everyone for being here!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Monday 11am ish

Boozefree Sending you big hugs. Take care.

Sober1ck Can totally identify with your aggravation towards someone at a meeting. You've always got us to share and getting it out in the open helps. It helped me heaps.Glad you enjoyed the meeting otherwise.

Slept in this morning which is rather rare in my house but we all got there in the end and without any tears......lol

Still feeling positive towards the direction my sober journey is going. Baby steps all the way. Enjoying mixing my meeting up and it felt good last night to comfort someone whom is struggling. Something you said Tanja that helped me step up and speak up.

Have a happy, healthy day folks.

So grateful to be sober AND content today.

Catch you a little later.
x
Old 01-14-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning class.

Trying to prepare myself for when I see my aunt although I don't think there's any way to make saying bye to a dying relative easy. I just hope the doctors are making her as comfy as possible and I think it will comfort her for family to be there. Today's a rough one but trying to stay positive. Glad I can be sober for all of this

Hope everyone stays warm and has a good day!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

BF I will be thinking of you and your aunt and family often today. It is a very difficult thing you have to do but as you say I am sure it will be such a comfort to your aunt to have loved ones with her. Stay strong.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Monday @ 8:30 a.m.

BoozeFree: thoughts and prayers for you during this time, may you find strength and be a comfort to your aunt. Take good care

Nicky: you are sounding stronger each day, meetings seem to be of great benefit and support to your recovery. Have a wonderful day

Sober1ck: Feels good to hit the pillow sober and wake up the same way

TTBABP: have a great Day

Everyone have safe, sober Monday
Bloss
Old 01-14-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Administrator

My thoughts go with you BF

D
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Mon 9.15pm

Hi Undies

Grace Where are you? Missing you today. I take it you're having a *Manic Monday* sung to the tune of the *BAngles*

Bloss Defo had a safe day. No sledging for us the snow didn't amount to anything and now just back to same old grey, damp weather.......yuck.

BF Thinking of you today.

Can't relax tonight at all. Had a busy day and my mind is still racing.

Midnight Thanks to you breakfast suggestions I'm finally waking up hungry in the morning. Next step, proper lunches.

Bye for now
x
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) My cold became better, but still staying in bed most of the time. Feel like it's been for years already)

BF - my thoughts are with you. You going through so many things now. Take care of yourself.

Nicky - glad to hear my suggestions were useful) If you need some tips on lunches - let me know) But be careful, I can dwell on this for hours))) If you need some extra snow I'll be glad to send you some away)

Bloss - I hope you had some proper sleep after being awaken at 5 a.m.

My best wishes to all the Undies)

Have good day/sweet dreams.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Midnight haha.well let's see you better first then you can do me a menu........lol
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hi Monday Undies

First chance I've had to check in today and I'll have to make it quick as I need to get to bed. I didn't check in from work as security are having a purge on Internet and email use and I don't want to risk getting into trouble, so I'll just check in from home for now, whenever I can.

All is as well as can be family wise and I'm fine too. I missed you all today.

I've not got time now to read all your posts but I will do as soon as I can.

See you all sometime tomorrow, my lovelies.

Sleep well
Old 01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Monday evening @ 6:00 p.m.

Grace: My old employer used to check all our computer usage, we all felt like "big brother" was watching us. Post when you are able, take care

M.B. The more rest you get, the faster you'll get better. Just take it easy

Nicky: Sounds like you're eating more healthful than me, I have a hard time eating anything in the morning!

Undies, have a nice restful night
Bloss
Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

What a long day. On the drive back home now. My head is pounding from holding back the tears seeing my aunt. I did tear up quit a few times and tried hiding it but not sure how that worked out. I helped take care of my grandma 3 years ago when she was similar shape and dropped everything n moved in to care for her and my aunt looks identical to her in the same type of shape so when walking in it was like I was re living everything with my grandma too. I always feel bad about my grandma situation bc I was drinking heavily each night as soon as I had a chance trying to numb the pain which is something I've been working on letting go. I am so drained. Thinking maybe I should take tomorrow off although I really can't afford it.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry BF - I don't think those occasions are ever easy.

lean on us

D
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hello all,
Sorry about your aunt BF, that must be hard to deal with. My prayers to you!
Things are ok here. Kids are being kids (teenagers) making me nuts! Hubby just trucking along in life.
I am feeling ok, just rolled over the 7 month mark and only tonight going to be meeting with my sponsor to start on some step work. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
I don't have much else to report.
Hope everyone has a happy Tuesday.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

16.20 Tue

Hi Undies

I am in work but I'm taking calls at the minute and as it's very quiet I'm checking in here. I've got my headset on at the ready for any calls that may come through, so I'm not skiving!!
It's very cold and I couldn't open the bathroom window this morning when I was having my shower as it was frozen shut!! it keeps threatening snow, but it's not done much as yet. It was lovely at lunch time, cold but dry, crisp and sunny, so I went for quick walk to clear away the cobwebs and get out of here for a short while.

Nicky, how's the snow situation with you? I know you usually get the brunt of it in Scotland so keep safe. Sounds like you had a busy Sunday with your family and your roast dinner sounds tasty, I could just eat one now!
Stick with your meetings, do it whatever way suits you. Life is full of ups and downs whether we drink or not, but we cope with it better and more rationally with a clear, sober head.
I hope your bother manages to stay on track, he's lucky to have you to support him.
I'm glad to hear that you summoning up an appetite for breakfast, the most important meal of the day, you keep it up, you can't run an engine with no fuel!

Bloss, your Sunday sounds about exciting as mine was! I don't mind humdrum days though, especially now I can remember them! Glad you liked the snowdrops, they're really pretty.
Yes, Big Brother, I know where you're coming from!

TBABP I'll decline your offer for me to wash your bed linen thanks, I have enough trouble trying to get my own dry in this weather, my tumble dryer has been going ding-dong!
I hope you enjoyed your day with your Mum and her sister. It's good that you spend some quality time with them.

Tanja, you could have been writing about me there, we sound so alike! I very often feel like I have nothing to say, probably partly due to the fact that I don't have a very exciting life, children, parents, that's mainly my lot, not that I'm complaining though, things could be worse and at least I'm not drinking my life away.
It's very kind of you to go to meetings with your Nephew and if he gets just a little something out of them, it's all to his advantage.
Sorry to hear you're still suffering with the insomnia, me too, but intermittently, I don't know if I will ever be any different with regards to sleeping. Just rest when you can, even if you can't sleep, you can rest your body.
I hope you enjoyed your day with your friend, how wonderful, 11 months, that still sounds like a lifetime away to me.

SoberIck, sorry to hear your meeting gave you cause to vent, like I said to Nicky previously, 'there's always one!' rise above it all, don't give anyone the satisfaction of upsetting you. Everybody's different and we have to accept them for what they are. Does you good to have a good vent here too, so feel free any time.

B.F I hope your back is better. I'm really sorry to hear about your Aunt, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Look after your mum and yourself of course and staying sober will be of huge benefit to you all at this sad time. Stay strong and look back upon all the lovely memories you have. Big hugs. (( ))

Midnight. so glad you're feeling better, but don't rush things, just take it easy until you feel fully recovered, look after yourself. You know the score, lots of fluids especially and good nutricious food.

Hi Critica, you're doing so well at just over the 7 months mark, how did the meeting with your sponsor go?

Well, that had better be it for now, work is calling.

Hopefully I'll be back later.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today I will exercise my soul in three ways. I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don’t want to do-just for exercise. I will not show that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Tuesday @ 12:00 p.m.

Nothing special going on today, that's alright by me. I'm going to take Bloss out for a walk, run errands and so on.

Grace: just getting out and walking usually improves my mood too, feels so good not to be have hangovers anymore, even though it is cold!

BF: It is a blessing, you are sober now and able to be with your aunt, stay strong.

Critica: 7 months is wonderful, hope the step work goes well, take care

Everyone have a great day
Bloss