Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 9

Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Evening to you,

Sunny I'm glad for you too,way to go!!!

Hope thats so true,so true indeed.

SBTS, I always called a night like New Years Eve - "amature night",I'll be at home watching ballgames.Glad my daughters are too young to be out at any parties.Won't be too long and I'll be up worrying.I get to work tomorrow and Christmas, lil' cowgirls aren't to thrilled by that.I have told them this is the last year tho with the new job I start in Jan.

benice that sounds like a fantastic day.Good for you.

well91 Another outstanding post!!! Heartfelt and there are a lot of parallels I can see in my life. I mean A LOT. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.I was just thinking to myself the other day how coming here and reading/posting has helped me stay focused on my goal "that I want to live a full life without alcohol",and that this class of Sept. family/team is important to me. The quote from Braveheart is spot-on.....

FREEDOM !!!!!

See you in the morning and Merry Christmas to all as well
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hope-Turns out I didn't take the girls to the Mall. What was I thinking?
My 7 year old GD was so hyped up about Christmas...It was like she had ants in her pants. So we decorated cookies and made candied pretzel's.

OMG, by the time my son and daughter-in-law picked them both up I was exhausted, and then proceeded to take a 3 hour nap! I totally understand why having children is for the young! My energy reserves are begining to run low...and I'm only 53 years young!

All my granddaughters (3) are the loves of my life, I'm so grateful to be sober! Couldn't have done it if I were still drinking!

Oh! I almost forgot...Today is Podium Day! I made it another day sober!
I think it's now 113 days! (It's getting more difficult to remember #days, I seem to lose track every now and then)

Hope New Years Eve day is good!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas to you all
Have a great few days!

D
Old 12-24-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Podium Mon here too.

Have a good one.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Good morning September friends. I also forgot today is Podium Monday (I took the day off)...but I made it too! Was very tempted last night as I have always loved having wine while wrapping presents. But got through it. Anyway, had a great day yesterday and off to set the tables for a formal sit down C Eve dinner.

Have a great Christmas Eve day!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good morning! Well91 that was such a wonderful post, thank you! SBTS, I'm looking forward to a quiet evening at home for new years as well since I decided not to go out. I would rather do that than be around people drinking on "amature night" lol. Sunnyflower sounds like your having a great time with your grandaughters

Have a great Christmas Eve everyone! I'm running errands than off to church, my favorite service of the year
Old 12-24-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Im a Sept 2012 class. Last drinking day was Sept 17.

It will be 100 sober days on Dec 27.

Hi to all in my class!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread 4wwww
D
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Still here. Still sober!! I guess as we start to put the pieces back together of our broken lives it becomes more difficult to fit it all in. I've been going to meetings...trying different ones to find the right fit. So far, a few contenders but haven't had that a-ha moment where I know it is the right group for me. So right now, I'm a meeting gypsy! LOL!

The meetings are a small part of my recovery - ultimately, after I'm done tasting the items on the buffet and choose one, I plan to go 2x per week. I'm looking for one closed, discussion and one open speaker. That balance, along with my demanding schedule, will be important tools for me.

Even though I'm not as active I do still read SR all the time and it helps keep my eyes on the prize. I've only had the desire to drink once or twice (truly, which is a miracle!) and I think it has a lot to do with being focused and committed to my sobriety.

I have a long road ahead - emotional messes (some my fault, some not) that must be faced and cleaned up and a whole lot of work on figuring out how to LIVE in sobriety. I spent 5 years slowly killing myself and it is taking some time to remember how to deal with feelings, problems, etc.

Enough blah, blah, blah from me. Just wanted to pop in and thank my Sept classmates (and Dee especially) for being 90% of the reason I made it this time. I know I would not be here, sober, without the critical support of this group during the early days of withdrawal, brain fog, triggers, etc. I will be eternally grateful to each of you also for the love shown during the devastating event of Superstorm Sandy. Many thanks x 1,000,000!

Wishing each of you a Merry Christmas, sober, and FREE!!

It sure feels nice and I'm going to enjoy it during my break from work. Rest, recharge, and refocus on living sober in 2013.

With love and gratitude -
IWillWin

Last edited by IWillWin; 12-24-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Typing too fast on iPhone!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear 4wwww,thats great.

IWW,keep at it.I know you can do this.

Merry Christmas to all and be safe.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Podium day. Today was a tough one. My grandfather is not doing well (he has Parkinson's) and is not expected to live much longer. I really wanted to drink to make my sadness, anger and worry go away, but ultimately realized a drink would do none of those things and that the situation needs to be dealt with clearheaded.

Despite this, it is still Christmas Eve and I am glad to be with my family.

Merry Christmas all.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Sbts)))

D
Old 12-25-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to all my fellow September classmates.

I woke up this morning and went down stairs with my wife and daughter to open my daughters presents from Santa.
It was a great feeling not being hungover or a stinky smell of alcohol coming from my breath.
I made a nice wee cup of tea and watched my wee lassie open her gifts.
I felt so normal, it was brilliant.

I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas and I hope Santa brings you all what he brought me..............................

:day6 SOBRIETY :day6

Thank you all for the wonderful posts since I joined, it really has inspired me.
Without you all, I wouldn't be sober.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

4WWWW- Welcome! & Glad you're joining our class! It's a good One!

IWW- So glad all is going well for you! Learning to live sober is a challenge for me as well. I am truly happy to be sober and don't want to go back to the drink, however like you...I have many emotional issues (Demons) I used to drown out that now have to be faced. I'm trying to deal with one "issue" at a time, one day at a time.

Good Luck finding the A-Ha! AA Home Group! I found mine and I love them all!

Well91- So Happy for you and your sobriety!

Hope & Benice-You 2 make me smile. Keep Posting!

SBTS- So sorry to hear of your Grandfather! Grandparents have a special place in our hearts that no one else can fill. My beloved "Pox" (our name for him) passed long ago, but the memories of him are forever embedded in my heart, especially this time of year.
May you find Peace and comfort in all your memories of him and with the moments you have left.

Dee- What would we do without you?!:ghug3

Cowboy- So glad to see your posts every morning!

To All My SR Family: Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome 4WWWW!

SBTS - So sorry to hear about your grandfather :ghug3. I am so glad to hear that you are facing this difficult situation without drinking. I'm so proud of you

IWW - Good to hear from you You'll find a homegroup, I love mine. I'm fortunate enough to live in an area where there are tons of meetings. I enjoy going to different meetings it keeps things fresh.

Well - what a wonderful christmas morning, watching kids open presents is the best. In the past I was usually too hung over at family gatherings to enjoy it. You are right sobriety is the best gift

Sunnyflower - Enjoy your Christmas with your granddaughters today. It sounds like they are still little enough that they believe in Santa. My neice is at the age where this will be the last santa year. I asked her last night, what she was leaving for santa. She said cookies and some kind of fancy hot chocolate that would be made in their Keurig coffee maker. I kindof chucked to myself and asked her if she thought santa would know how to make it in that machine. She said well I'm leaving him directions.

Benice, Ozark, Dee, yvrguy, jaz, jimuk, jim, twestlie, wwg, lefthook, drybus have a wonderful Christmas. And thank you, your posts have helped me soo much.

(Hopefully I'm not forgetting anyone!)
Old 12-25-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas! I haven't been on here in a while because my seasonal job had me working crazy hours and I was just completely exhausted all the time. But I'm still doing well, I'll have three months in three days. I am just so happy to have my first Christmas in recovery. I hope you all have being well and have a great day today!
Old 12-25-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas shakingitout

D
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just coming in to wish you all a merry and sober christmas! Headed to my moms with my wife and kids, spent the night with her at her parents. First sober Christmas ive had for longer than i can remember. It hasnt been that easy cravings kinda pop up out of nowhere during this time apparently but I know enough now to be able to shut them down fairly quickly. Anyway enjoy your families today! Love you guys!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sober Christmas, sober visit to in-laws. A very interesting experience. Sobriety has given me clear vision and as I said in my previous post I'm finding there are some things that are difficult to see with this new super power!

But, I would rather be sober and have problems than drunk and causing problems...

Not drinking has become the easier component of sobriety, it's the living without a crutch that is taking up my brain space these days. Hopeful AA and SR will help me figure out how to be an emotionally healthy person as opposed to a drunk who doesn't want to face the fact that my "perfect" life ain't so perfect

Someone said at a meeting the other day that WE personally find the strength and courage to stop drinking, but the act of living sober takes a bit more effort and support. I'm finding that to be true.

And so the world keeps spinning, low and behold it does not revolve around me (oh, the humanity! Lol!), and I'm grateful it is doing just that instead of my head spinning from too much booze.

I'm coming up on 4 months and although it has not been easy I do believe the best gift I received this year was...well...me.

Hope everyone made it through today with little difficulty - and if it wasn't a good day for you just remember, tomorrow is a new one and you get to try again if you desire.

Love to you all, both near and far, and I'm so proud of all of us for not giving up no matter what. We are doing this and we will win
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope you had a great Christmas Day. Here comes Boxing Day! This will be day 3 for me again (jeez, will it ever end?). Off to my parents today which will be nice, catch up with my brother and 2 sister + kids and my 90 year old gran.

I'm going to stay sober today.

Jaz, hope you are ok hun? X