Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 9

Old 12-20-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Ozark, are you sleeping in again?
WWG, good to hear from you. No need to be lost...you know what to do.
Have a good day friends.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Jim / Jim / Jaz how are you doing? Hopefully your doing well

Have a good day everyone!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by benice View Post
Good morning all. Ozark, are you sleeping in again?
WWG, good to hear from you. No need to be lost...you know what to do.
Have a good day friends.
Sort of slept in and left early for work due to snow and high winds this AM. Quite the ride in on my motorcycle.They all now know I'm crazy(as if they didn't before).Its not like The snow was sticking or anything, but the wind was even more than I expected,a lot more.Received a lot of "Oh no you didn'ts".I love it.

I am so sorry WWG. You will do it when you are ready.Just try not to be to hard on yourself.If this was easy we all would not be here.
1 minute,1 hour,1 day at a time. Keep on trying and you will make it at some point.Just follow your heart/head,you'll know what you need to do and when to do it.Keep us posted regardless,I'm pulling for you.

Try to see you all in the morning,

Ozark
Old 12-21-2012, 03:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning folks,
Off to work.No snow today :-)
Make it a good one.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Friday Morning to all!

It's been awfully quiet around here lately. Christmas is supposed to be a "Merry" time of year, but for us Alkies it can also be a very "trying" time. So hang in there all and keep posting.

Wednesday was a shoppping day from Hell for me. First went grocery shopping for my parents. Bought the wrong kind of Ritz crackers! Had to go back. Then the pin # on Dad's debit card was wrong. (should have swiped it as credit) spent next 20 minutes straightening that out.

Went to Walmart... the lady behind me was the female version of Scrooge (Bah Hum Bug) the Ugly side of Chrismas Spirit was definitely her. Wanted so bad to open my mouth and put her in her place, but didn't.

Next decided to do a take out dinner after all the running around I did, Asked for a rib dinner for (hubby) ended up with brisket.

Funny thing is though...had I still been nipping the bottle I would have been totally P**sed off, a nervous wreck, frustrated, etc...I would have downed a bottle of rum as soon as I got home and would have completely ruined the rest of my day. What a milestone for me!

Cowboy- You are not the only crazy "any kind of weather Motorcyclist". My husband is also. Yesterday he couldn't ride because there was ice on the roads, along with that horrible wind. He is ready to head to work now, he's getting his riding gear on as I type. All the guys at work thinks he nuts, too.
I, myself am a "fair weather" rider. Too much work putting on on those clothes.

Time for me to get ready for work (I'm a car kind of girl in the winter)

Hope all's 24 hour day is a good one! XOXOXO
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi to all the September class members, we are the champions.

Well done Sunnylower for not giving in.
It sounds like you had a bad day, it is difficult for us when things don't go well, it used to be one of my triggers.

Now, you are stronger and can shrug these days off and carry on with your journey to sobriety. It feels great, doesn't it?

Walkingwithgod, try and stick with it.
It really does get easier the longer you stay sober.

You can do it.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well I had typed a longer check in but it got lost on some key stroke or another.

Day 108 and sober even with a few challenges thrown my way but looking at them showed them to be easily solved but perhaps a little expensive....can't wait to move and not even depend on a vehicle to get around.

Hope22 : Great stuff for resisting the urge , cravings pass when they coem up. For me I m not experiencing any cravings at all.

WWG: Can't say more than Dee and Sunny have said. When your done you will be done and that can take quite a few forms and many not so pleasant. I was spared at just losing my family and placing my job in jeopardy. I speak to many people who lost more nd hear recollections of people who did not recover but were covered. I find I put in a lot less time on getting help than I did in drinking myself into insanity.

Sunny: I hear you about staying close to the fellowship as it has helped me a lot to get through the last few months and is making this time of year bearable. I don't have a lot of drinking and party friends and I declined all the invites to alcohol centric things to keep things simple. True for me too is another drunk know a good part of my story , what I was like , what happened and I see what they are like now. Maybe a nutty time to do a Step 4 an all the work sheets but hmmm fearless and thorough it shall be. I don't have family to worry about so I have the time.

Have a good 24 all
Old 12-21-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I've only skimmed, forgive me. But want to say... WWG, you can do this. Honestly. I'm not saying it will always be easy, but sober life is still so much better. Give yourself a chance.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey all! Still sober, still here. Glad it got cold out since I love to ice fish and the lakes are still liquid here. The warm winter gets me down as I like it cold. My wife said I have Lost some of my WOO HOO and I have noticed it too. I guess alot of my WOO HOO was beer induced and I am learning to be more WOO HOO without beer. It's just that everyday seems the same to me. Glad to be sober tho!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good Saturday morning everyone.

Bet it will not be too long before you get your cold weather up there drybuss,and I hope it stays up around up there.Cold weather down here is bad for my WOO HOO,you know with "shrinkage" and all.

Make it a great day all.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oh you guys are a stitch!

Wishing all our classmates well...special shout out to those who haven't posted recently. Sending prayers and wishes for peace and strength.

Have a joyous weekend...
Old 12-22-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone, i hope you all have a great time.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks Jim. And you too...
Old 12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hello to everybody, congratulations on staying sober, well done.

To those who are struggling,come on you can do it, we are all right behind you.

Happy Christmas shopping to you all. :day6
Old 12-23-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all.

Be strong today,this sure can be a stressful time of year.

Hope everyone has their shopping done.

Ho Ho Ho,to the poor house I go. ;-)

Ozark
Old 12-23-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning! Today is my Christmas present day from the family. We start with church then brunch then off to see " Wicked". All with my hubby, all 3 kids and my adorable mother-in-law.

Hugs...
Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good Morning all!

I had a bit of a trigger to drink yesterday. The past few days I have felt extremely happy. Kind of scary since I haven't felt this way for a LONG time. So I went to 2 meetings to help with the urge. They helped alot!

It's interesting how this disease works...Alcohol is Cunning, Powerful and Baffling!
It doesn't matter what emotion you're feeling...it can attack anytime! We have to be on guard every minute.

My Granddaughter's spent the night last night...so today we have to find something fun to do. Mall Shopping, maybe?

Hope you all have a great new 24 hours. XOXOX
Old 12-23-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning all. Yesterday was an awesome day. I saw Book of Mormon with my family and then went to see my friend's band play at a bar. The only two times I've set foot in an actual bar since quitting drinking were both to see him play. The environment is a bit of a challenge for me but not too bad, and I love this friend so much I'm willing to do it once in a while for him. I drank soda and had fun with my friends, occasionally wished I could have a beer but I know where that leads.

In the spirit of mostly avoiding bars, We are not going out on New Year's Eve for the first time in almost a decade. Our friends are having dinner and then hitting the bar scene, so we opted to tell them we will stay home. I'm relieved honestly, I never liked going out on that particular night before I met my husband, and am more than happy to return to my previous tradition of welcoming the new year in the safe confines of my own home. Maybe I will get some sparkling cider.

Off to spend the day baking and wrapping for Christmas and catching up on some laundry. I have to work every day this week except Christmas Day, but I'm off the following week so im looking forward to that.

Xoxo, SBTS
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Sunnyflower I'm glad you beat your urge yesterday! Your brave for going shopping I went yesterday, by the afternoon the mall was packed.

I'm still struggling what to do about New Years. I can't drive so one of my friends will have to pick me up. But that kindof leaves me with no escape plan. My friend knows I'm not drinking, and is totally supportive but I don't trust myself. Sorry I'm just thinking outloud I know I shouldn't go, maybe next year

Ozark - at least the poor house is better than the jail house, ho ho ho

Its funny I never really appreciated the AA phrase alcohol will end with death, jail or institutions. I do now.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good Afternoon from Scotland. 2 sleeps till Santa comes.

It is really weird being sober at this time of year, (in a good way).

Last year at this time I would have been through 2 bottles of Glenmorangie of the 6 that I usually get from my contractors as Christmas gifts.

I would just sit and drink glass after glass until it was all gone. Plus the cases of beer that I would buy, they would get gulped down as well.
When I look back on it, I was not drinking because I enjoyed it, I was just drinking to get as drunk as I could be. It must have been a nightmare to have me sitting getting drunk, totally unsociable, just drinking, drinking, drinking.

This year, I am completely stone cold sober, I have no urges to have a drink at all and I think reading your posts on here and posting myself is like being part of a team, striving together to stay sober. Thanks to everyone.

As I may have mentioned before, I have been drinking every weekend all my adult life since I was about 15, (I am now 51).
I have saw a good many drinking buddies die, a few go to prison and a few are still stumbling around, just existing.

I have decided that I want to live a full life without alcohol, this year I have been arrested, fell down stairs in the Olympic stadium in Athens and blanked out almost every time I went out for a drink. In the past I have been knocked down by a car when I was drunk, I have been to the AA, been to counsellors and I could not stop drinking.
This year, don't ask me how, I just stopped.
I don't know all the answers but I know that I have, at long last, got control over this addiction which tried its best to ruin my life.
As we end 2012 I can look back on this year as being a turning point in my life and I can look forward with renewed confidence.
I would especially like to thank all the posters on the September class of Sober Recovery. A lot of you have managed to quit, a lot have quit before and relapsed but the main thing is, you keep on trying, it will happen.
I really hope that you have, to quote from Braveheart: FREEDOM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. :day6 :ghug3