Notices

Class Of October 2012 Part 4

Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Welcome Vinyl
Old 11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Day 19.
ClassiFemme: I felt exactly the same today-no energy, kinda crappy, stopped to get a latte which I rarely do, but felt like I needed sugar. Reminded myself as well that a hangover feels a million times worse than just a low energy day. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your donuts, I was staring at them when I ordered my latte as well :-)

Midnight-32 days! that's great.

Vinyl: welcome

Alcofribas: good for you for getting back on the sober path!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Hey--shout out to Dee, too: thanks for your words, I will keep doing what I'm doing, it's a journey I'm really digging :-)
Old 11-15-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Welcome Vynil and hello classmates,

Great to read your posts. A month and 2 weeks for me today. I am feeling out of sorts but expect that feeling to end soon as every other feeling does. I am grateful that I no longer believe that the way I feel right now is the way I am going to feel for the rest of my life. Sobriety does help with that black and white thinking a little bit.

Great to see you guys are making it.

Natalie
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey everyone. I hate to be a pain and I hope I'm not a complete moron but I can't find a November 2012 thread... ? Maybe I'm not searching correctly. Can someone help me out?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

The current month thread is always in the Newcomers main forum jjay

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2012-a-16.html

D
Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The current month thread is always in the Newcomers main forum jjay

D
Ahhh, thank you very much : )
Old 11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I was not able to get to a meeting this week but have been able to avoid that "first drink." I've been stopping for iced tea and diet Mountain Dew to keep something in my cup.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey class! Just checking in. Day 46 here! Still going strong. Starting step 8 on Monday. Learning a lot about myself. Very happy to be sober, working on the rest of my life! It's so worth it! I'll catch up on reading later, got to get the mini me's off to school! Have a super day everyone!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Starting Day 2. Already feel so much better. It's crazy how one night of drinking and the resulting hangover can really make you feel like you're completely trapped again. It's like that black/white thing you mentioned, Natalie. It's this feeling of despair that sobriety really airs out, clears up.

Anyway, even though it's just the second day it feels good to be sober! Have a great day everyone, whatever day it is for you
Old 11-16-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Octsobers!

Just a quick check-in. Day 33.

Vinyl, JJay - welcome!

Fallingtogether - congrats on Day 46. You are my inspiration.

My best wishes to all. Have a great sober weekend!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words Germanos, NT, MB and Dee,

Sorry for the drunken moaning,. I guess selfishly it does helps me to know that somebody knows I'm going through a hard time. I know everybody faces difficult circumstances though and I was just slurring.

I'm coming back in, I tipped away the last of my cider this afternoon. I know when I post on SR I'm accountable so it helps me to stop drinking.

I feel pretty desperate emotionally right now. I know it's the effects of drinking around the clock though. It seems sadly I always have to get to this place to decide enough is enough.

My Ex girlfriend called today and I ignored it, I'm not physically in any state to talk to anyone today, nor am I emotionally stable to talk to her. It made me a little more upset.

I'll have to make more effort and figuire out how to stay stopped this time after thirty days, but right now not drinking today will be a success.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, JimJim!

Glad to see you are back.

It's ok to share that you are going through a hard time. We are here to support each other. I believe I know quite well what you are feeling right now - the year I graduated from University my Mom was diagnosed with cancer. I felt like swallowed by some black hole with not way back. But I'm back. So will be you. Just don't drink today. And keep posting.

Take care)
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Way to go JimJim. Just keep on keepin on. I wish I had some great advice but...I don't lol. You made it to 30 right? So, you know you have the power to change. Don't forget that.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Jim

D
Old 11-16-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I am still here. I forgot what day I am on... 27 or something. Anyways I am in a rush. Good to hear from you all!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Hi guys-
Day 20. Things are good. I had some weird crazy thoughts pop up today about drinking, mainly that its Friday and its drinking time, but I pushed them away. So bizarre how they intrude.
I feel so much more in control of my life now. I'm going to do a list of the positives I've seen since quitting tomorrow or the next day. Tomorrow is 3 weeks without a drink, I'm so amazed that I'm hitting that milestone.

Hope everyone is doing awesome and having a sober Friday. Hangover free Saturdays are the best.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi guys-
Day 20. Things are good. I had some weird crazy thoughts pop up today about drinking, mainly that its Friday and its drinking time, but I pushed them away. So bizarre how they intrude.
Just to try something new, next time when those thoughts arise, don't push them away. Instead let them in and notice how your body reacts to these cravings. What do you feel happening to your body? Anything? Tightening in the chest? Palpitations?

I have noticed since doing this instead of fighting the thoughts, they have become less intrusive and more like any other thought, without form and unable to arouse anxiety.

Just a thought, glad to hear you are doing well.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Good morning/evening, October mates.

Day 34 for me.

Hope, everyone is doing fine.

My best wishes. The sobriety will be with you... during the weekend and always)

Have a great day.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hello and happy Saturday!
Day 21!! Freaking awesome!! I NEVER thought I'd make it this far, and I am so grateful to everyone on here. This place is such a life line for me, and I so appreciate everyone who's commented or given me advice, not only over the last 21 days but over the last year--since I've been trying to commit to sobriety for that long.

For everyone who is struggling-hang in there--I know I'm a novice with my 21 days only, but boy does sobriety feel good and it's so worth the struggles to get to it.

bye bye alcohol: "we are never getting back together"
(sorry Taylor Swift, for borrowing that!)