SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of October 2012 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/273149-class-october-2012-part-4-a.html)

Dee74 11-02-2012 06:06 PM

Class Of October 2012 Part 4

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D

Germanos 11-02-2012 06:11 PM

Good evening folks.

Neverthought 11-02-2012 06:17 PM

Thanks Dee!

hope22 11-02-2012 06:19 PM

Hi Germanos, U hanging in there?

Germanos 11-02-2012 08:35 PM

Hey hope, yes I am. I have been feeling lazy lately though. Hope it passes soon. I am going to get up and go to the gym tomorrow.

pooky 11-03-2012 09:01 AM

Still here day 20..Feeling good running a bit..cravings not bad.At this point the habit part is waning which is good. How cool for the October ppl to be sober in November!!!!!!!:c029:

MidnightBlue 11-03-2012 09:06 AM

Hi, Pooky.

Congrats. I am on my Day 20 as well. Felt some cravings today but took them in hand (not without SR help).

I hope, all Octsober mates are doing great and enjoying good sober weekend.

Germanos 11-03-2012 11:29 AM

I'm still here, day 14 here. Going to go work. Hope you guys enjoy your day.

fallingtogether 11-03-2012 08:03 PM

Found you! Lol just stopping by to say hello! Day 33 here! Can't even believe Monday is 5 weeks :) I would never have thought this possible 5 weeks ago. Feels good.

MidnightBlue 11-03-2012 09:42 PM

Congrats on Day 33, Fallingtogether!

Dee74 11-03-2012 10:08 PM

congrats on 30 days FT - you too CTR :)

D

Redviper 11-03-2012 10:47 PM

I just worked a 7 hour shift pouring beer for a beer festival. I was allowed to drink all the beer I wanted and I could take home as much beer as I wanted. I drank nothing at all. It wasn't even tempting at all. It was just a job. I did take home some beers but I don't want them. I was working for charity so I figured all my work entitled me to take some home to give to friends. It was another victory for me.

NatalieN 11-04-2012 05:53 AM

Redviper that's an interesting story. Do give the beer to your friends. Having it in the fridge so early in your sobriety will only work against you. If you are anything like me, my alcoholism doesn't need MY help.*

A month and 3 days for me. The last two weeks have been very very easy. I am ramping up my program by incorporating the tool of therapy to my recovery tool box. I have never gone to an addictions counselor before but I am so ready for this. I found an addictions counselor who is also a behavioral analyst and a hypnotherapist and she will work with my insurance. This is a major step for me as I have always kept my alcohol abuse issues from my doctors and health insurance company.

I have realized that I don't ever ever ever want to drink again. *My body lacks the ability to breakdown alcohol properly. If I have one or two, the mental cravings start, along with the restlessness and the irritability.......the whole thing sucks so badly that why would I want to put myself through that again. If that makes me an alcoholic, so be it. To me it's a problem, a life threatening problem and if this therapist can help me or support me on my decision to stay stopped then why not use that tool.

I have already made an appointment. I will take advantage of any and all tools available to me and will not let fear dictate which tools are safe and which aren't. I am bringing out the Spanish Armada (the Marines in the USA) haha to help me stay sober. Alcohol is not my amigo, never has, never will.

Natalie*

samwitch 11-04-2012 07:20 AM

Good morning

Hello there-I was here earlier in the month, but haven't posted in eons. I've kept up with the postings, though.

After an up and down month, I am at 8 days sober. I was going to post earlier say at day 1 (again for the 70th time I swear) but I felt so ashamed that I waited till I could string together a decent amount of days.

I've stayed sober for up to 15 days in the past, so 8 is nothing to celebrate, I realize, but I've had some crazy situations happen during the last week and I resisted the lure of the wine bottle, so I'm optimistic.

So...I feel very good this time around. I opened up to my counseler about wanting to stop drinking completely and he gave me recommendations of AA mtgs. I was going to one yesterday,but a medical crisis w a family member blew up. But, I didn't drink. I even went to a store to buy wine for a friend's party last night, took the bottle there, attended the party, and I DIDN'T DRINK!!!

I'm so grateful to be sober and not hungover on this Sunday morning.

Peace and sobriety to all(shamelessly stealling that from KopFan, I think)

SAM

healthylife87 11-04-2012 07:29 AM

Hi everyone! My last drink was 10/28/12 :)

samwitch 11-04-2012 07:31 AM

Hi healthy-
Mine was 10/27/12 so we're really close! Welcome!

MidnightBlue 11-04-2012 07:42 AM

Hi, all. I am on my sober Day 21. Overall, it's ok.

Redviper, that's the spirit. I am not sure I would resist temptation if I was pouring wine for 7 hours. Great example to follow.

Natalie, congrats on a month and three days!

Sam, I believe every day in recovery (especially, in early recovery) is worth celebrating. Keep optimism up!

My best wishes to all and have a great day.

Black 11-04-2012 07:52 AM

I am not the best these days had a few drinks (5) at a jive class on Friday night nothing since but it is always annoying when we give in to the demons.

Germanos 11-04-2012 09:02 AM

Hey guys. Good to hear from you all. Day 15 here, 16 days is the longest I have ever gone sober, and that was about 2 years ago. This is the second longest time I have been sober since then.