Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee! Thank you aussie! Muah for you, and muah for YOU!

I'm stuffed with pizza! Didn't stop me from buying a Saunders Bumpy Cake on the way home, tho. (Chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream.) Good lord, good thing I've lost a few cuz I'm about to put em back on! I'll be good later!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Happy Cake Day!!!! Glad you are having a good time today.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:14 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, folks! Busy day today. Men's bfast and meetings this a.m., then finally get to my desk for the afternoon.

Keep posting, so I don't log on to "yay! Lofty got laid!" I mean, that's so three days ago, isn't it?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:15 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Woot! Beat Lofty to the GOOD MORNING post!

Today is my TRX class, looking forward to it. My legs are crazy sore from GARDENING Sunday. Pathetic.

I urge-surfed some chocolate yesterday! I used the play-it-to-the-end game and decided I didn't want to feel how I would feel if I ate it. My food log is all over the place, but it's pointing in the right general direction.

Husband goes to DC today for a few days, so I have the chance to make the next few solo days productive, happy, and healthy.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Mornin, I'm up early too! My mom's having her gallbladder out, so I'm going to the hospital for the day to keep my dad company. He's a real worrier, so the day will be tough for him. Gotta run, just wanted to say hey! lol Lofty. I laughed when I saw that "laid" post was first on the page.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Editor

WOW! You guys got an early start.
Lofty I would be proud to see that 3 days in a row!!!You are the man!
Everyone have a productive safe day
Peace
Dave
Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Morning again! My post got poofed.

Mirage, sending easy vibes to you and your parents for a completely successful surgery and complete quick recovery. **********************}}}}}}}}}}}}

I pulled my hamstring a little bit. Icing and resting it. You know how when you have a bruise, how you keep touching it to see if it still hurts? I'm tempted to stretch it to see if "it still hurts." That will only injure it, so I'm not gonna. Today, easy peasy, ice on and off. SEE? I'm learning!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage I hope all goes well for your mum. Prayers sent.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, man..what a long day. She did fine and is home. She had a hard time coming out of the anesthetic, couldn't stay awake. When I got this done about 9 years ago, you spent one night there, now they boot you out the same day. Seems crazy to me. Anyway..we got her home and back to sleep, then I came home and crashed for an hour and 1/2. Whew! Now tomorrow, I have my college roommate coming for an overnight visit with her husband and 2 year old, and B's soccer game.

Sorry about your muscle, frances..glad you're resting.

Lol Dave..no kiddin.

Hope you all had a great day.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Glad Mirage's mom is OK! Hope she feels OK today and is resting up for a FULL recovery.

Last night I went for a stroll walk with a running friend in the park. The late afternoon air was perfect, cool, green and every breath smelled of flowers. My dog flipped out with happiness when he realized where we were. He. Was. Perfect. He smiled every step. He was calm every time we passed a dog. It was one of those perfect hours.

I know my body energy is transformed and that has allowed him to be calm and relaxed.. My friend is a kindergarten teacher and has wonderful calm trustworthy energy. I know the park was full of happy people. Just a perfect hour.

My leg seems OK. Going running with two friends....if it's ouchy I'll drop out.

Have a great day Marchers!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Editor

I love perfect hours! Good on you and your pooch frances.
mirage I hope that momma has a good second day!
All is right in Dave's world
Peace
DAve
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good walk, frances.

Thanks Dave..just got off the phone with Dad and Mom's still havin a rough go! She threw up last night, and has no appetite and is taking the pain meds she didn't think she'd need. She's sleeping again. He thinks he should get her up more so he'll call me if he needs help. (He's had a stroke and has limited use of his right side, so that left hand isn't good for much). I really don't think he needs the physical help tho, as she can get up, but he might want some help encouraging her. We'll see. Until then, I'm cleanin for my company! Have a great day..beautiful here today. Eyeing up Tiger tickets (baseball for the Aussies) for this Saturday. They're expensive!! Anyway..hopefully we'll get to go.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Here's a story for you, to help me (and us) keep our eye on sobriety. Not one of my prouder moments..either of these events. I've been thinking about this lately because of my friend's visit today. My old roommate who is coming today lives in Utah. I went to visit her years ago..like maybe 4 or 5. The night before I flew home, we were drinking and watching a Red Wings playoff game. I think I was having vodka tonics.

Anyway...rewind to years before that..I was in L.A. visiting another college friend. The night before I flew home, we stayed up till wee hours, drinking. I had an early flight out the next morning, and I felt AWFUL when I woke up. I barely made it through the security line in the airport, having to sit down, feeling dizzy, etc. So I get on the plane, and I'm sitting in back in a middle seat and I'm super dizzy, like I'm gonna faint. (Probably very dehydrated. I have since learned I have that tendency.) The plane had not taken off yet. So I put my head on the tray table, doesn't help..can't lean my seat back. Finally, I feel like there's no way I'm gonna make it so I go to the front of the plane and tell the stewards I feel faint and I need to lay down. They were nice and took me off the plane onto the walkout thing and gave me a damp towel, etc. They also told me I shouldn't try to fly. So I had to get off the plane (luckily they let my luggage stay on). I layed in the airport for awhile, crying, so embarrassed. I had to call home and tell the dh...I didn't tell him it was because of drinking, but that I was sick and not coming home that day. Had to tell my folks, too, as they knew I was due home. My dad was worried about my flu and said if I needed to go to the doctor, not to worry about money, he'd take care of it. I had to take a cab back to my friend's house. Pretty much layed around the apartment all day, and flew out the next day. Side note: I had a friend with me and she was not sitting by me and did not know I got off the plane. She wasn't happy. So back to the Utah thing...

So now I'm in Utah a few years later, drinking the night before my flight..SWEARING I won't overdo it, cuz I will NOT let that happen to me again. That was just stupid and I've learned my lesson. I'll just have a few drinks and I'll feel fine in the morning. Well...I did manage to fly home from Utah the next morning, thank goodness, but not before throwing up in the morning and cursing at myself for doing it yet again. This is what they mean by not having control once you start. A few drinks just fuels me to have too much.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

That's a good reminder, Mirage. I hope your visit with your friend goes well, and that your mom gets better soon. I'm sure you are a prized daughter, particularly for all you do.

Hope the legs are feeling better Frances!

It's been a whirlwind week. Had a band concert Tues night, academic awards last night (funny...son forgot to check in, so they didn't call his name or the name of his buddy he walked in with, who also forgot. Buddy's mom alerted the folks, and our sons got a special call out, which I'm sure the audience could interpret as "they didn't have their act together"). Got up this am to drive 2 hrs to Columbus for training, which was awesome, and now I'm back at my desk.

I think I'm about to pull a Dave and go back to work. And I think thats a good thing.

Hope all are well and staying strong.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Mirage, I hear ya. Boy I hear ya. What a wonderful thing to know we will NEVER go through such shenanigans again. Thank you for sharing those stories.

For me personally, alcohol is physically a real turn-off right now. All I can think of is how dehydrated I'd get and how yuck I'd feel drunk. The actually good part of the buzz is like, what, 30 minutes?

Hope your mom is feeling better. ********}}}}

Lofty, way to Get Things Done. Proud and happy for what you are building!

Thanks for checking in Dave!

Work is slow and I'm not feeling clarity about next steps, so I.....played hooky and put in the garden with all the seedlings I bought over the weekend. Only took a few hours and now it's 90% done. If I'm going to be underemployed, I might as well be productive about it. (See? See what's happening here? One day of low billing and I'm already catastrophizing)

I feel calm. My AV monster wants to keep me stressed and pinned to my desk, manically hitting refresh on my email. Nope, not gonna happen.

This morning's 5 mile run surely helps my brain chemistry.

I also made the decision not to go into the city tonight for a one-hour meeting for a volunteer organization I'm helping. I told the people I'll call in by phone. It would have worked out to 3.5 hours of travel for 1 hour of meeting.

Car to train, train to city, subway to downtown, walk to location. Then reverse.

Too much.

Instead I'm making dinner and will be ready and focused for the call instead of frantic.

Have a great night and morning!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

You too, Frances. I'm confused by your post. I was traveling home at 3 pm EST, and would swear I saw your post after Mirage's. Then, when I got home, it was gone. Now, it's there again, posted at 6:36 pm. Am I living in a parallel universe?

Another weird thing? I've been having strange deja vu type moments when I drift off. It's like I immediately enter a dream world, even before I'm fully asleep. Weirder yet, my son, at dinner tonight, had deja vu. Do-do-do-do...

In-laws are coming to visit tomorrow from Virginia. We've got some cleaning to do, Vern!

I think Rosie's wake up calls are starting to get to us. Tiredness is here for wife and I. Oh well, what can you do?

Frances...here's an idea: Create a long term project for your down times. Like writing a book. It could be any kind. I will write a book someday.

Anyone read horoscopes? I do. Today: before you can learn to master a task, you must learn to master yourself. True. No wisecracks from the Mirage and Dave show, please.
My last name is not Bates.

See you later!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
orangutan

My butt is killing me!!!!!
I got my husband to fix up my old bike, I have been out and enjoying the outdoors in this beautiful weather we are having, I am not muscle sore from riding but sore from the bike seat it is way to small for this butt of mine.(sorry if that is to much information).Trying to keep busy as my AV is in my head since I slipt up it has become stronger. Huggs to all my March friends.
Have a great day.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Hey frances..sounds like a good plan. Glad you don't have to go into the city. I know what you mean about it not sounding appealing. Sometimes the idea will slip into my head, but when I think about it, it really doesn't sound good. It's just cuz it was my old, comfortable way, is why it sneaks in sometimes.

Unfortunately aussie, I think you have to get right back on that bike and keep riding! My bum always hurts when I ride and my biker friend said you get used to it if you keep riding. Bike seats are always uncomfortable, in my opinion. Even the "good" ones. Keep that AV at bay, girl.

Must...not...make 'master yourself' crack....
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

not being funny, but maybe a bigger seat is called for Aussie?
they must sell them?

D
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
orangutan

LOL Dee, a bigger seat is definately called for.