Notices

Class Of February 2012

Old 02-07-2012, 07:22 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Day 2

I am a 30 year beer drinker. Pretty much a weekend warrior. However, alcohol has caused problems in my life on more than one occasion.

I finally realized the only solution is to never let alcohol into my system ever again.

I believe I can do this. I quit smoking on 01-04, so I know what the one day at a time is. I am excited to live life alcohol free!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LuckyMrH

D
Old 02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Killer stomach ache tonight. It's times like this when I realize yet again how much damage alcohol is doing to my body. Looking forward to feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good night
Old 02-07-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hello, February 2012 class, today was day 7 for me.. Going to make my butt get up early and go to a AA meeting. Made it through this day without to much of a craving. I did think about drinking for a minute, then said the Step 3 to myself, and sent that craving to my HP, it worked. I can't wait till my personality comes back, and the excitement you feel with a new day. Everything in time. Keep on keeping on. I hope I can find a sponsor to work these other steps with me.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

good luck faustina
hope you feel better tomorrow BF

D
Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi Guys Im on day 12 and still finding it a bit hard but reading all the support people give on here is amazing i mean tommorow can be as bad as yesterday was living for the day is the only way you think about tommorow or yesterday its going to cause problems. You can never take back what u did yesterday whats done is done im happy i didnt use today and even if things seem bad it cant possibly be as bad as if i was using thanx to all of u everyone helps in there own way
Old 02-07-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Hey guys and gals, good to hear from everyone. Decided to go for a run after my 6-9 night class. I couldn't believe how many people were on the indoor track at 10 pm. It really puts things into perspective on how non alcoholic people live. I told myself I'd run 3 miles without stopping, and after I pushed through that I said screw it I am going for 5. I had no idea I could still run 5 miles, then again I haven't really tried in years. It felt good to have come this far in 8 days. Then again like I said I have to pass my addiction on to something.

I am going to eat a big meal and relax on the couch. I am looking forward too tomorrow and what my next workout will be. I think I need to rest from the climbing gym for another day.

Have a good night and I will talk to you all in the morning. I have been reading everyone's posts, good job on staying clean. Oh I just realized my birthday is coming up on the 16th... so that will be day 17 of sobriety for me... and my longest day of sobriety is 16 days. So my present will be surpassing my old failure. Funny how those numbers worked out.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread Wilson

D
Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

faustina - im still waiting to figure out who i am... self identity is lostttt
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Germanos, do you think trading one addiction for another will make you not deal with what led to drinking in the first place?

I guess what I'm saying was I was really fat, got addicted to a ton of exercise and list a buttload of weight and became a multiple ironman triathlete finisher, got pregnant, had a baby and then got addicted to alcohol. So I guess I've switched addictions multiple times.

Like you I would like to put my passion back into sports and endurance racing. I don't know where I am going...just rambling I guess.

Day 4 ending near. Almost caved. Glad I stayed strong!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:30 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Yesterday was my first day sober since I relapsed about 11 months ago.

It's funny how easy it is to lose 11 months so easily. If only it were as easy to jump ahead 11 months and still be sober but I know it is going to take some hard work and dedication. It does feel pretty good to have made a start, nonetheless.

Thank you to everyone here, it really helps to feel that I am not doing it all alone.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Day 4, heading into 5. Keep up the will power everyone!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!

I went to a meeting last night, and I don't think I've laughed that hard in years. There were about five speakers and the third guy I swear had to be a comedian. People had tears running down thier face from laughing so hard. He really made my night, and I even had the balls to tell him so. (for some odd reason, I'm become wicked shy in meetings) I have yet to stand up and say who I am and my story. Not ready yet I guess.

Today is day 6 for this little mama, and I feel like a million dollars right now. I started writing down goals and keeping a little journal (thanks Faustina!!) which really is helping.

I will talk to you all in a little bit, bosslady is on the rampage again...ugh
Old 02-08-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Day 2. I had a good night's sleep, but I did take 1/2 a clonazepam I have for when i fly, go to the dentist or for panic attacks I have had in the past. Not oncerned with those since I still had 8 of the 20 I got over two years ago.

I got a new Rx. from my doc in December, simply because those others had expired. So, I was feeling alot of anxiety and a bit worried about a panic attack. Took 1/2 about an hour before bed. I do feel less anxious today. But groggy.

I do not feel like I want a drink. But my biggest trigger is settling into TV time. Modern Family tonight, and Gray's Anatomy tomorrow night. Winding down after a busy day with kids, errands, cleaning, my Dad's stuff. He is in a nursing home and I see him and do his bills, etc...

Happy sober February everyone. We can do this. Felt good to pop up, even though a td groggy, and feel well and tidy up and do lunches for kids not pretending I felt fine. because I did feel pretty fine!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Orbea- Well alcohol is a different type of addiction for me. It is an impulsive behavior, whereas working out is something that I do not always want to do but once I do I feel accomplished. It isn't like I would rather go to the gym than sit on the couch and watch T.V. So I wouldn't really say I am "addicted" to working out.. it is more like something I am determined to do to fill the void of drinking... and show myself what I can accomplish with a little bit of discipline.

What led me to my problem with alcohol is drinking casually since I was 14 and by the time I turned 21 my tolerance was really high and it was downhill from there. My body and brain got addicted to it and by the time I realized I might have a problem it was worse. Then when I finally got out of denial about my problem it was worse. etc... I see what you are saying, don't trade one addiction for another. But I feel like they are two different types of addiction. It would be bad if I was doing other hard drugs to help me ease off of this drug Interesting point though, I am interested in other opinions on this topic.

Day 9 woop! I slept really good last night after my run, I really did not want to wake up when my alarm went off. I was actually dreaming that my computer wouldn't stop beeping and I couldn't fix it for the life of me... I unplugged it and detached stuff... I finally woke up and realized it was my alarm.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Day 7!

One week! Feeling good. Slept a solid 5.5 hours last night which is the most so far, so I feel pretty rested. The night sweats are almost gone, and the anxiety is barely noticeable now.

I am still eating too much and I have gained like 6 pounds! I really need to work on that. I have a pretty small frame, so 6 pounds makes me look like I'm about 4 months pregnant! My husband and I went to the co-op and stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies, so I have been trying to make better choices. I need to get all of the junk out of the house. (chips and candy, etc...) And I need to focus on exercising more.

Other than that, I am feeling really positive about things lately. I haven't woken up and called myself a stupid b@#*h in hmmm, about a week. The alcohol made me hate myself. Who needs that crap?!

Rochele, I completely relate with TV time being a trigger. I Tivo all of my shows. After the kids were in bed, I would drink wine while watching my "stories" (which include Modern Family and Grey's) I realize now, that I sometimes wouldn't even remember how some of the episodes ended. I actually have enjoyed them so much more while sober.

Have a great day Feb'12ers!

Poppies
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Day 3. No stomach so far this morning. Super tired tho.

Germanos all your exercise talk is starting to inspire me to get back in my old routine! Have to stop smoking and get back to exercising this week!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear that BF. I smoked a lot when I was drinking, so I do not really know if I am addicted to cigarettes or if that feeling is just the alcohol. Haha either way I am done with both, I don't want it.

Yeah it is hard to get into a routine. I am incredibly tired right now and really want to fall asleep on the couch. Part of me is thinking I should go workout before my night class and then get to bed early tonight and have an early start tomorrow. I know once I get up and moving Ill wake up. Damn you sober brain, why do you have to think rationally all of the time
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Day 4, very difficult to be 100% committed

This is Day 4. I have been drinking for 40 years. I made my Sobriety Commitment a few days ago on Day 1. My boss is out of town today, which makes it an easy set-up to be able to Drink and 'get-away-with-it'. (What a load of b/s that lack-of-reasoning is)

Also, I had to go out and run some errands, which took me by all the Liquor Stores I would have previously stopped at. It was an unbelievable struggle for me to keep re-focusing that 'I' am committed to complete Sobriety, and 'I' do NOT have to be dominated by my Addictive Flesh nature that is screaming for a Drink.

I am grateful for this Support Thread, and I need some encouragement to make it through this day WITHOUT taking a Drink.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

RDB, Oh I know those drives. And my gym is right in the same strip mall as the nice wine store with great prices. And i would rationalize a day with no duties at the school or such as a good night ot drink(more).

You asked for encouragement so I will try. You can do this, and so can I. You will feel so much better tomorrow than if you had been drinking. And you will have a much better day at work. It is like a ghost on our shoulders. But we do not have to listen.

See you tomorrow for your day 5, okay? It will be my day 3.

Rochele