SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class Of February 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/247635-class-february-2012-a.html)

Dee74 01-31-2012 10:54 PM

Class Of February 2012

If you've quit alcohol/drugs in the month of February 2012, come and share support with others doing the same :)

welcome! :D

D

stevie88 02-01-2012 01:51 AM

Im in on this,i was in the january class but fell off the waggon after we found out our 2 week old daughter was sick and may need an operation....Today will be my day 1 again and i need to stay quit to be strong for my wife and little daughter......

AmyLouise 02-01-2012 01:57 AM

This time?

Hi All, I failed in January - can't seem to get passed 3 days sober, so upset with myself. I wish I could stop seeing alcohol as a reward and something I deserve when all it does is bring me pain. Starting again today so joining this group. I will succeed. Thanks all xx

Orbea 02-01-2012 02:10 AM

Me too...here I go again

Dee74 02-01-2012 03:00 AM

welcome back to you all - do you guys have any ideas about what you'll do differently this time?

D

InsertNameHere 02-01-2012 03:10 AM

Same here have been trying since November to get this figured out so here I am again, in the newcommers thread. Getting through day two right now. To answer D's question I have been giving it some thought but haven't nailed anything down as yet. My main issue is going to be dealing with the cravings that pop up after a few days. I will do some thinking and reading up on that, I figure if I can beat just one it is a lesson learned and will hopefully help me with the next one.

INH

Orbea 02-01-2012 04:05 AM

Dee- I need to be honest w my spouse.

Dee74 02-01-2012 04:15 AM

I used to drink again and then resolve to 'try harder'.
I don't think I knew what that meant then and I dunno now :)

what really worked for me was reaching out for support and making a daily commitment not to drink that day...and adding whatever I thought I needed to help me keep that promise to stay sober :)

If I can do it - anyone can :)

Make thinking about what you're gonna do now a priority - wait too long like I often did and you might find temptation before you have the chance to think out a strategy.

D

soberjim 02-01-2012 05:00 AM

Dee...count me in. It been up and down the past several months. I think I am ready now, finally after being here for several months.

Jim

Germanos 02-01-2012 05:24 AM

Hi guys. Day 2 here for me. I look forward to getting to know all of you. Still letting all that alcohol stuff get out of my system. I have to get ready for class but I will see you guys around.

PurpleCat 02-01-2012 06:27 AM

Just popping in from the January class to wish all of you the best of luck on your journey to a better you. Keep the faith and stay positive - you CAN do this.

Also, you're in good hands with Dee - the man has lived this, and has tons and tons of good insights that can help you through your trouble spots.

Take care all! See you on the sober side of life! :)

doggonecarl 02-01-2012 06:44 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to wish you all success on your recovery journey. I'm in the class of September 2010 and a member of the One Year and Over Club. Remarkable for me, as I felt that I was going to struggle against the drink my whole life. But I quit. So can you.

Wasted 02-01-2012 11:07 AM

First time I've felt this serious about quitting. This is day one - I'll be checking in when I can here.

whattheheck 02-01-2012 11:16 AM

I've been a lurker, but now I want to officially become a member of the Class of February 2012. Day 1 for me. I went an entire month from December 10 to January 10, and then I messed up thinking well, just today I will drink. Wrong. It never ever works like that, and I find I drink even more every time I quit and start back up.:a108:

Dee74 02-01-2012 11:41 AM

welcome Jim, Germanos, wasted and whattheheck :)
and thanks PC & Carl! :)

D

Tobo 02-01-2012 06:02 PM

Sign me up. Today is day 4. Let's give it another try!

Dee74 02-01-2012 06:26 PM

Welcome Tobo :)

D

Tres 02-01-2012 06:44 PM

I wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm day 93 I think. Welcome if you are new and YOU CAN DO THIS!

I have only used this site and a lot of faith to make it this far. I feel so much better now than I ever have.

Read and post, it helps so much.

Stevie88, Good to see you! I will keep your daughter in my prayers. I miss your eating posts...what's for dinner??

Good luck everyone, stick with it....its SO worth it.

stevie88 02-02-2012 06:22 AM

Halfway through Day 2 here and feeling ok...Bit tired due to lack of sleep but doing good...Instead of drinking beer i have been drinking huge amounts of tea,orange juice,water and bovril....Been eating lots again like i usually do when i quit booze but im not worried about that as im very skinny for my height....Hope you are all well and Tres,keep checking in for my meal updates.....

nonblondechef 02-02-2012 06:49 AM

Good morning February class! Wishing each and everyone of you a most successful journey to sobriety - please keep reading, posting, and sharing.