Notices

Class Of February 2012

Old 02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

faustina

Well done!

Does daily gratitude list really helps? How do you do it? Ive heard of it, but never tried.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 2 so I'm going to throw myself into this class as well. It's early in the month so I know most of you are feeling pretty awful right now, just like me. Shakes, nausea, a horrible sleeping pattern. Oh I know it all too well. I know those better days are right around the corner for us all though. Remember this feeling, and remember that you never want to be back here again. I know what you're all going through, all too well. I'm right there with you, and I do care that each and everyone of you makes it through.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh and I forgot the headaches. Oh..... the headaches. That's really starting to kick in with me right now. Good times.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Healthy,

There is a grattitude list on SR or you can make your own. Just grattitude for the things in life that we take for granted. Today I am grateful to be sober, enjoying the day, eating a good meal, having a roof over my head, being able to exercise, being able to read, enjoying my pets, having the freedom to do whatever I want instead of being miserably hungover!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Most importantly, I am grateful for my sober firends in the journey towards sobriety
Old 02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I am grateful today, joining the February class 2012..Day 5 for me. I love reading the posts from everyone it really does help to be able to share.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Rock on, Ahab! Day 2 for me too!
Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I really have taken my life for granted these past few years. I am still having guilt trips about things that I never thought about when I was drunk or hungover. I am accepting it though and all I can do is be a better person today. Well I am off to the gym, good luck guys. Don't drink or watch Superbowl commercials We got this. It really does get better after 5 days as far as the withdrawal goes. Sleep, cravings, and guilty thoughts are still not that good but the nausea and shakiness go away.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Pa**ot Momma

We have a Sodastream too Poppy...our charger is also out LOL..I keep trying to remember to bring my coupons to grab one at Bed Bath and Beyond...can't beat those 20% coupons that never expire.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Now I really want one of those sodastreams! I thought maybe the stuff would taste horrible but it sounds like everybody really likes it.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Ive got new filtered water jug. Does really help..
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

faustina,
sounds like ur in a good place right now mentally.... There is no doubt in my mind if u keep that routine and find that sponsor that u will be successful!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Poppies: I went to the outlet store today and bought two blocks of fudge (vanilla and rocky road) I am usually a salt-tooth, so this was pretty unusual. I havn't busted into them yet (this will be my super bowl treat!) and i'm also looking forward to my husbands chili...oh..my...god...CHILI...with extra extra hot sauce and sour cream. *drool* (that's my chili dance)

accept: That fizzy drink maker sounds cool!

logicalparadox: I hear you about not wanting to trade addictions. I guess it's in our personality to be extreme. I always wonder why i can't have any good addictions like saving money. Good luck w/ the gym, that may help you sleep a little better getting some of that anxious energy out.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

YUM!!!

I am usually a super salty tooth too, so the sugar cravings are throwing me for a loop, lol. But I kind of like that my body is finding a different place to get sugar from. And chili? YUM! I am a super spicy tooth too!

Enjoy!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I have decided to try each and every healthy food option available in supermarket.

So as soon Im through my first sweet and colorful salad I will try different king of salad. When I finish medium bag of sultanas I will pick dried cranberries. When Im done with melon and grapes I will pick water melon and pears. I will try everything! From salads, fruit, meat, dairy to sweets and desserts.

This makes me feel goof for some reason. Excites me.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Making baked potatoes and leftover bobby flay chili. That soda stream sounds neat. I didn't want one until I saw a cooking show on PBS where the lady made her own gingerale with a fresh ginger simple syrup. I could make fresh orangina!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

HealthyFood, you are living up to your name! You are an inspiration.

I plan to whip my diet and exercise back into shape as soon as I'm feeling more myself again. For now, I am laying low and letting myself indulge a bit. (not too much)

I think maybe I'll start checking out a diet more like yours in a few days. I would feel very good about that too.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well made it to the gym, thank god. It's absolutely pathetic how out of shape I am. I used to be an athlete, I used to run half marathons--I BARELY got a mile out, but hey I did it. I stuck to the elliptical and did some yoga work b/c I've lost so much strength and flexibility. I know I've lost a lot of muscle too, I look haggard. Ugh.

The overwhelming issues of guilt are attacking, I have done so many horrible things and hurt people who never did anything but care about me...without the bottle or the pills to numb things (that wasn't really working so much anyhow....) it's rather soul crushing. One day at a time, one moment at a time if need be.

Germanos- Climbing gym, jealous!! I used to hike and climb a good deal, never got into climbing like I wanted to but it's something I'd love to do. I like that kind of outlook--if I need to be addicted to something that's a better choice by far. I just need to not go nuts like i did in the past w/it and not properly fuel myself. (and omfg the guilt. good god)

accept- My ex had one of those, i miss it! I loaded up on perrier and flavored sparkling flavored water though. I drink that and a lot of hot tea.

LindseyMarie- I know right!? I would really love an addiction to saving money, lol.

Poppies- My mom bought this chocolate silk cream pie, I'm not usually one to crave it that badly...if I wasn't afraid of the calories i'd be all over it. I made some roasted butternut and cauliflower curry soup, so definitely hoping better nutrition will help. I really love cooking, I bring stuff to a domestic women's shelter b/c i've been avoiding a lot of my friends (um friends, not really. people i hung out with i guess...)

everyone else- Sending well wishes everyone's way, so glad more people are joining in! <3
Old 02-05-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I was an ironman triathlete before my downward spiral...I'll get back and so can you!!!! You did better than me! Last time I went to gym was march of last year!
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

PoppiesInJuly

I felt very low from day 2. Then I decided that good food can't harm me. So I started to eat healthy but tasty food and for some reason I felt better. Even now on day 7 after nice meal I feel 100% better.
I don't limit myself to anything, but I just don't want any junk.