Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Inda - Yeah... I thought so... I live South Akron - Ellet area. How do you like the snow??? Wow... guess that experience knocked some sense into you literally... glad you came out of it ok

Glad you made it through the function w/o drinking Marine... maybe you could find some other hobbies???

Welcome Mainza! You're right, it's NOT worth it... glad you're here.

Polo... Welcome to you also

Stevie... you just Rock!

Sorry about your kitty, Cat... that sounds funny in my weird sense of humor

Congrats on 4 weeks, Tigger! Hope your headaches get better soon... think it might have to so with sinuses? Weather has been crazy up and down lately. Hope the doc has wisdom in diagnosing and helping you get rid of them.

Day 7 for me. Feeling better than yesterday... anxiety is kind of off and on.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, my friends! You guys are great
Old 11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Day 12 and nothing else new to report. Feeling the best I have in years and years and relatively drama free.
Long walk this afternoon and will probably venture out and put out some Xmas lights. I know that is boring, but that is OK with me.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me. It is getting cold here in the Midwest. Great day for coffee, do you like to drink coffee?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Mainza View Post
Great day for coffee, do you like to drink coffee?
By the bucket full!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Marine, keep yourself busy and distracted if possible. Congrats on your 12 days.
Cat fry hope your kitty recovers soon.
Tigger - wow 4 weeks, you and I joined around the same time. Congrats!
Welcome Mainza and Polostick good to have you on board.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Love my coffee. That they will have to pry out of my cold dead hands.

Hey R4R. Going strong I see.

Inda I'm sure you helped someone. That's a powerful story.

Bimm day 12 cool! I'd give u a happy dance but I'm on my iPhone at work.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Hi everyone 4 weeks today. I'm happy about that

I go back to the Dr today for a follow up. Going to ask him for something for the headaches I'm still getting. Something without opioids for sure.

Hi polo stick. Glad you joined us. And you're right addiction is addiction. Im glad you found us. We're a mixed lot for all over the place but very supportive. I hope your journey gets easier.

Hi Catfry I'm on "we agnostics" I'm reading a chapter every day or so.
Hand in there Marine, Mainza, Fraggy.

Hang in there Stevie
You are doing great, Tigger! Awesome job. Thanks for all your kind words.

Day 14 for me.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 21

Really 4 Real - waking up to the snow loved it , and I wish I could of said that experience knock sense into me. For after several days there and finishing detox. The cunning, blaffling , and power demon of an alcoholic struck right away, for upon release that very evening I was at the bar with shots and tall beers in hand.

But thankfully something in June finally did say lets try to live.

Tigger - glad to hear your reading the BB , remember its just a go to guide to teach us how to live sober. Dont worry about reading it in order, but just read

So couldnt think of a better day to go up to the rec and swim and hot tub. And look out the gaint windows at the snow while soaking in 101 degree water , and turning into a prune .

And beloved classmates new and old, as we move on lets stay together . Enjoy a beautiful last day of November 2011 class. And see everyone tomorrow and we get to watch the new class begin this beautiful journey.

Good love , Inda
Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
FML

Day 4

I'm nervous but I'm going to try and do this thing.

30 yr old mom, married. Started getting drunk at 15. Don't drink every day or every week, but get extremely drunk often and suffer horrible hangovers. I have recently determined myself to be an alcoholic. Although I don't drink as often as the stereotype, when I DO drink I get an undescribable feeling...a feeling I now know is alcoholism. If I don't stop now I fear the days in between drinking will become shorter. It is also a matter of time that something bad happens due to my incoherence

It is a good thing that I am stopping now before it gets to that point but it also going to be difficult because people around me will not understand. I quit for a while this Summer and people around me made me feel like I didn't have a problem and didn't need to give it up. I went over a month. When my mother in law brushed it off like I was silly and could have a few drinks and just not get drunk...that's when I began trying once again to start regulating my drinking.

I'm just one of those people who can't have just one and be happy. I have to quit

I was going to put it off until New Years, but realized that was yet another "deal" that I make with myself in order to drink. If the deals I made with myself in order to get drinking under control really worked, I would have had this figured out years ago.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread FML

D
Old 11-30-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Welcome, FML - You're in good company here! Glad you're not waiting until that old 'New Year's Resolution' thing....

Tigger... I'm trying...
Work was really stressful today - my head is so cloudy.... I soooooo want a drink. I think I'll call one of my friends when I get off of here and have her talk me out of it

Mainza.... only have one cup in the morning and on in the afternoon... anything more and those at work don't like me. I'm naturally hyper.

Nothing boring about staying sober Bimm

I'm keeping on....
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Welcome FML

We sound sorta similiar. I am 33, married woman, no kids, and a binge drinker who was also trying to put off sobriety until New Year's . . .

I hope everyone is well : )
Old 11-30-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new people. I am so glad that we are all working on getting through this. I am greatly thankful for this November crew. I couldn't have don it without all of you.

November is almost in the bag, and we aren't....and that is a good thing.

Fraggy 38
Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
- Motivated -

Hey everyone. Hope you're all having a good day. Day 20 for me today. Made some money moving some freezers this morning which was much needed 'cause I was behind in my probation payments and I really don't wanna violate that. Then hit the gym for an awesome workout and now relaxing and catching up on some of my shows.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I'd like to join the class. Today is Day 1 (again).
Old 11-30-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Checking In

Welcome to the new November classmates!!
Day 5. Feeling a little bit better. I had this brilliant idea to try and make amends with my exhusband. We've been divorced 5 years and I still carry a resentment around regarding the horrible way it ended. I asked him if we could meet, face to face, so I could ask him to forgive me. I know its part of the AA steps, making amends, and I figured I would eventually get to it. But I need some peace in my life now. And we did have a good marriage and have three wonderful children together, we met in high school and were together for 18 years. Lots of good memories, best friends. Of course that was before we had our issues, his infedelity and my drinking to cope with it, which led lead to drama and bad choices, and eventually divorce. I guess he doesn't think we need to meet and forgive each other. I sent him an email and have gotten no response. So how do I handle this? I want to just say F*** you at this point. But I know that wont solve anything.
Well it is warming up here in Anchortown! Should get above freezing tonight and hit 40F by the weekend. Thank you God!!! He must have known I couldn't handle any more cold weather.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dalia View Post
I'd like to join the class. Today is Day 1 (again).
Welcome Dalia!!! Glad you are here.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
Day 12 and nothing else new to report. Feeling the best I have in years and years and relatively drama free.
Long walk this afternoon and will probably venture out and put out some Xmas lights. I know that is boring, but that is OK with me.
Christmas lights are NEVER boring! Have fun with it.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Dalia - good to have you here
I hope this time can be your time to quit for good

D
Old 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Alaska... you tried... the ball's in his court. If he chooses to respond ok, but you did you're part in trying. That's commendable.

Welcome Dalia.... Hope you keep with us! Glad you're up and at it again.

Made a phone call on the way home to keep my mind off of stopping at the store to grab a 24 oz or something. No one answered. I prayed and got home. Ran two miles and now I feel halfways decent. Day 8 here I come.... wheww.. that was a close one though.

Have a great night all!