View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
FML

Day 4

I'm nervous but I'm going to try and do this thing.

30 yr old mom, married. Started getting drunk at 15. Don't drink every day or every week, but get extremely drunk often and suffer horrible hangovers. I have recently determined myself to be an alcoholic. Although I don't drink as often as the stereotype, when I DO drink I get an undescribable feeling...a feeling I now know is alcoholism. If I don't stop now I fear the days in between drinking will become shorter. It is also a matter of time that something bad happens due to my incoherence

It is a good thing that I am stopping now before it gets to that point but it also going to be difficult because people around me will not understand. I quit for a while this Summer and people around me made me feel like I didn't have a problem and didn't need to give it up. I went over a month. When my mother in law brushed it off like I was silly and could have a few drinks and just not get drunk...that's when I began trying once again to start regulating my drinking.

I'm just one of those people who can't have just one and be happy. I have to quit

I was going to put it off until New Years, but realized that was yet another "deal" that I make with myself in order to drink. If the deals I made with myself in order to get drinking under control really worked, I would have had this figured out years ago.