Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

So agitated right now. Feel completely overwhelmed with crap. Like George Jetson on that stupid treadmill. Won't someone please stop this crazy world so I can get a better grip! Reasons to pop open a bottle keep running through my head. I want to have a healthy life with my family but when I feel like this I am no good to anyone, so what is the point. Hell, I even dreamed about planning a relapse! How sick is that! And this is only the end of day 3. No wonder I have never made it pass day 7.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt I was no good to anyone too noknewme - drinking kinda made that a self fulfilling prophecy....

You already know what drinking brings. No answers there.

Maybe it's time to see what sobriety brings? I know it's rough now but it won't always be this rough - it really does get better.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

If you want to have a healthy life with your family, you have to not drink, noknewme. Just push through this and don't give in. Like Dee said-you've tried alcohol and look how hopeless it makes you feel-now try sobriety. I can tell you-and everyone else on this site will, too, that it's hard but it's worth it. It is SO worth it when you can see your life getting better before your eyes, in so many little ways that you never thought of. It's like getting to know yourself and a new life all over again. It's great. You really can do it. If I can make it thirty days, believe me you can.

Hang in there and keep posting! We've all been through it and you're doing great.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Talked to my sponsor. Am feeling much better right now. I am sorry to be such a whiner. I promise to be a tad bit more cheery in the future.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

You don't have to be anything but what you are Alaska
glad you're feeling better tho

D
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hey there Noknewme. It does get better - in place of thinking about drinking and stressing all 24 hours I now get periods where I don't think about drinking/staying sober at all and I'm only at 26 days. It will get better - just make it to 30 days then take a look at what you've done and how you feel. Don't think forever right now - just 30 days.

Thinking about you.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hang in there Alaska. Keep trying and one of these times it will stick.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:33 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Ok everyone - roll call to check in on everyone - post your day or a comment.

I'm day 26. Committed to not drinking.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Day 10 here and aside from a few minor discomforts and cravings it has been much less "painful" than I expected...this after 45 years of drinking! Hope it it remains painless.

I shoulda done this many years ago.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the bday wishes :-)

Alaska, we're here to listen and support each other- no need for apologies. Hope your day is going better today.
Noknewme, you've heard it several times but it really does get better. Don't stop now.

Tigger, congrats on day 26!
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Day 4. Made doc appt for tomorrow and thinking of going to AA meeting today. Still feel incredibly uneasy and irritable. Trying to keep busy.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Tigger, thanks for sticking in there.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

3 Quarters of the way through Day 9 here and im going good....Got some pasta cooking in the oven for dinner,gonna give the wife and kids theirs and i'll have mine when i get back from walking the dog as its freezing cold out there.....Cant believe im gonna be on Day 10 tommorow......Cheers folks....
Old 11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Roll Call, Day 3, Sober

Originally Posted by Tigger41 View Post
Ok everyone - roll call to check in on everyone - post your day or a comment.

I'm day 26. Committed to not drinking.
Woke up with a sinking, dreadful feeling in my stomach, but after reading some morning meditations (I have a variety of daily-devotionals, some AA, some not)..and praying to my Higher Power whom I chose to call God, and getting to work and getting busy I am totally turned around and filling somewhat hopefull and happy!!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Last Day 19

Hi all,

As always nice to see everyone get that nother 24 hrs.

Today indian summer seems to have left. Chilly . My one cat Sugar Magnolia "maggie" had her kitten in the wee hours of the morning though. Always such cool thing to watch them take care of their babies for the first 4-6 weeks .

So for me today I think since I took a day off working out yesterday, must do the 2 mile walk up to the rec. For a workout , sauna ,and a swim. Then a early evening meeting.

Everyone make sure to smile and remember we are doing the best thing in our lives.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Stevie I must say I'm impressed!

Alaska I'm so glad you're feeling better and more positive.

Hang in there nkm, don't give up!

Good job everybody!

Dee it is really not nice to complain about the heat while the rest of us are heading into winter! You know I kid.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
30 DAYS!!!!!!!
Congrats on 30 days....

Fraggy 36
Old 11-28-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
I have a fear if he went to alanon that he would be advised to leave me, so I'd rather he not. I know, that is wrong, sick and twisted. But that's the way I feel. Scared as hell right now. He would never go anyway, his attitude is that he isn't the one with the problem.
And not just about my bf. I have 3 boys to make up to, three boys, ages 19, 21 and 13 and they are all pretty upset to say the least, I feel like my heart has been pulled out and stomped on. I feel despair, I feel like I have finally made that final push into my disease where family and friends go away. If I had been told when I first got married and started my family that it would have all ended up this way I would have never, ever believed it. This is the exact opposite of the way things are suppose to be.
Day 3 and still very depressed. Had lunch with my 13 year old he was just so sad.....
I have got some serious praying going on for you, and faith that you will pull through this. (thank you Jesus for Alaska's recovery and restoration)

I think letting people know "where you are at" in recovery, spiritually etc is a good thing. If people that you love and want to help, then they should know what is going on. If they do not know, then they cannot help as much as they might. If people know what is going on then it is easier for them to help.

Have faith sister, we can overcome this....
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Great Job, Berdant!!

Welcome NoKnewMe.... going to the doc sounds like an excellent idea! I hope they can give you some help. But hang in there... it DOES get better... really! Then you're head will be clear and you'll wonder what how in the heck you could get so much done in one day

Nice 30 IP! Congrats.

Alaska.... glad you're doing better.... you can do this... we all can do this!

Day 5 here and only just had a fleeting craving sweep by when I logged on. Crazy little voices must be stopped
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Day Two (again).