Administrator

Class of November 2011 pt 2

our last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2011-a-20.html

have a good day everyone
D
Old 11-21-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 7. I'm still experiencing mild headaches, but everything else feels good.

I made it through the weekend which included a couple of social events. I missed having alcohol with my meals, but I feel good for being strong.

The next few days should be relatively easy, but Thanksgiving will present its own special challenges as we'll be hosting the large family gathering and alcohol is expected.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 4. Emotional aspect is worse than the physical for me. I am proud to have refrained.

Thanksgiving will also be a challenge. Not so much in the aspect of not drinking but having family around and them realizing I am not drinking. I am always the instigator and happy to join in the cocktails... but not this year.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

way to go WhoDay and Rottie99.

Alaska, hang in there girl. Sending along prayers for strength and for a speedy adjustment.

Had my first cravings yesterday. Not very bad, but I was thinking about drinking for the sake of drinking, which is different than previous drinking thoughts.

People that I am around in business, are starting to notice a difference in me. I was told by the clerk at the grain elevator that I am not as "mouthy" as I used to be. I still have all the same thoughts, but I am learning not let them all out. About 60 more acres to harvest and then the winter.

Fraggy 29 days
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alaska: please let us know how you're doing. We're all here for you.

Welcome to all the newcomers, and hang in there for those that are struggling, you CAN do this. It's so worth it, take that from someone who is very early on in this whole thing, but can see the benefits clearly.

Last edited by samwitch; 11-21-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-21-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning, all
Welcome Masterdeal and Lambkitten - it's great to have you on board.
Alaska, you are not alone. You have everyone here and we'll all be with you in spirit. Keep us posted. Keeping you in my thoughts!

Well, I made that phone call this morning to find out about my job situation, it actually involves my license renewal application to do my job and I had to answer "yes" to the DUI question. Anyway, I was told that it was just a formality for them to investigate this but if that's the only incident on my record and the case was closed, there should not be a problem - whew! I won't know anything for sure for a few months, but at least the person I spoke to gave me hope. Thanks, again for all your support

Hope everyone is enjoying your Monday so far
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 12

Good morning, after a nice weekend now time for the week. Not that I got much going on since I still suspened from work. So its just meetings,meditation,reading, and ejoying soberity.

Berdant you made me think of my dui's I have three last one June 2010. Have till this June to get my license back and probation till Nov. Thank god I wont ever go through that again.

Hope everyone has a good day. Let the sun shine on your faces
Old 11-21-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello All, I am on DAY 3 (again) only but would REALLY Would like to join this thread. I posted on the New Comers but wanted to put a copy on here for those who may not know who I am. thanks

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to read and reply to my posts. I have realized something in the last couple of days. And that is that when we are drinking , (even if we are not drinking at that particular moment) Our decisions are still impaired. Maybe this is silly to have just realized not after over 5 - 6 years of being an active almost daily drinker. But I guess I can call this my moment of clarity. I have been journaling a lot and I realize just how much AL affected my relationship with my daughter. How much I fought with her on mornings when I would wake up hungover and in withdrawal. I also beleive my feelings about AA may have come from a place where that someone who still thinks she can drink normally lives. I have decided to come on here but also to try again to use AA. Last night I had an episode in which I experienced what Is called a Dry Drunk. I started crying uncontrollable bc my daughter and her bf wanted to watch a movie by themselves. I felt rejected and angry because I felt like drinking and was using the activity as a distraction. But today I realize that I definately need to get myself a sponsor and a support system so I do not go back to drinking. it is so easy. just to get in my car and go buy the wine and again I will start the cycle. Except this time I REALLY don't want to. I am an emotional wreck. Crying for everything. Feelings things way to intensely. I have always been this way but even more so now that I do not have the wine as a buffer. I have been trying to eat healthier. Even though I find myself craving sweets a lot more. And also exercising. I went to see a Dr who prescribed me Naltrexone. I am taking it daily so in case I do decide to slip, there will be no point because I will not get the high. So yes, I am taking drastic measures because this has become a drastic situation. I am going to repost this in the November Class and hope to be posting a LOT more now that I am commited to my sobriety.

Last edited by violetflame; 11-21-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: forgot to put what day i am on
Old 11-21-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well its 5.15pm here and today has gone well,still havent drank...I got the kids from school,came back,cooked us all dinner and all i have got left to do is walk the dog again...Felt pretty good today and ate like a man possesed,which is good as i could do with packing on some weight....My plan is to jump into bed around 9pm and just chill and watch tv...So there we go,im looking forward to day 3 tommorow...Thanks for all your support guys,it really helps.....
Old 11-21-2011, 10:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 19 here and having a good day. Taking the kids to an indoor water park tonight until tomorrow (Great Wolf) - back to work on Wednesday.

Berdant - THANK Goodness!! I was worried about you - that's good news for now and I'm glad you're calmer. Hang in there you're doing so great.

Alaska - please check in - prayers to you.

Rottie99 - Hang in there though T-Day you can do it!!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. New to SR. Determined to make this work. Reading Newcomer's posts and feeling less alone. Thank god for this site where I can see that it's not just me. Committing to checking in each day. Will be out of town tomorrow but will try to find internet somewhere.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome verson2
Old 11-21-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by violetflame View Post
Hello All, I am on DAY 3 (again) only but would REALLY Would like to join this thread. I posted on the New Comers but wanted to put a copy on here for those who may not know who I am. thanks

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to read and reply to my posts. I have realized something in the last couple of days. And that is that when we are drinking , (even if we are not drinking at that particular moment) Our decisions are still impaired. Maybe this is silly to have just realized not after over 5 - 6 years of being an active almost daily drinker. But I guess I can call this my moment of clarity. I have been journaling a lot and I realize just how much AL affected my relationship with my daughter. How much I fought with her on mornings when I would wake up hungover and in withdrawal. I also beleive my feelings about AA may have come from a place where that someone who still thinks she can drink normally lives. I have decided to come on here but also to try again to use AA. Last night I had an episode in which I experienced what Is called a Dry Drunk. I started crying uncontrollable bc my daughter and her bf wanted to watch a movie by themselves. I felt rejected and angry because I felt like drinking and was using the activity as a distraction. But today I realize that I definately need to get myself a sponsor and a support system so I do not go back to drinking. it is so easy. just to get in my car and go buy the wine and again I will start the cycle. Except this time I REALLY don't want to. I am an emotional wreck. Crying for everything. Feelings things way to intensely. I have always been this way but even more so now that I do not have the wine as a buffer. I have been trying to eat healthier. Even though I find myself craving sweets a lot more. And also exercising. I went to see a Dr who prescribed me Naltrexone. I am taking it daily so in case I do decide to slip, there will be no point because I will not get the high. So yes, I am taking drastic measures because this has become a drastic situation. I am going to repost this in the November Class and hope to be posting a LOT more now that I am commited to my sobriety.
I hear ya about been grumpy with your daughter in the mornings, its just not fair to them that we be sooooo very inconsistant with our kids, as long as we pour that crap into our mouths we will remain inconsistant and our behaviour a mystery to our kids who as we know internalise it as been their fault!What a crappy way to parent , how damaging it is to them. Thank you for this post, its just the reminder I need to keep fighting the good fight as I have had a difficult weekend with the will I drink/ wont I drink! I wont drink , I will endever to be as good a parent as I can be however I do understand that simply not drinking is enough. I can still be grumpy , its time for me to address some of the issues I have with things without masking them all with drink. Things are getting better x
Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome Violetflame hug

Sounds like you are really thinking, I am sorry you feel like your in a dry drunk that is not a nice place to be hug

But you got a head on you , so find that sponsor work them steps and liberate yourself
Old 11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day Five for me. No problems as of yet. Subject to change of course- But I aint drinking no more!
Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome violet and version2
glad things worked out Berdant

alaska - where are you?

D
Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Best of luck' Alaska - let us know how you make out.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi guys and welcome aboard to the new posters.

Alaska Good luck with your biopsy today, people do care

Way to go guys on staying sober. 16th day for me today. When I woke up this morning my mouth was sooo dry, my first thought was 'how much did I drink last night', it took about 10 seconds for my brain to kick into gear and realise that I haven't had a drink in over 2 weeks, What a relief that was. I suppose when I've been waking up with a hangover nearly daily for at least 3yrs it's gonna take a while for that thought process to stop.

Last edited by Elly40; 11-21-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: hadn't finished
Old 11-21-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

16 days is great Elly

D
Old 11-21-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Alaska good luck with your biopsy today, please take care