View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
alaskasunshine

Checking In

Welcome to the new November classmates!!
Day 5. Feeling a little bit better. I had this brilliant idea to try and make amends with my exhusband. We've been divorced 5 years and I still carry a resentment around regarding the horrible way it ended. I asked him if we could meet, face to face, so I could ask him to forgive me. I know its part of the AA steps, making amends, and I figured I would eventually get to it. But I need some peace in my life now. And we did have a good marriage and have three wonderful children together, we met in high school and were together for 18 years. Lots of good memories, best friends. Of course that was before we had our issues, his infedelity and my drinking to cope with it, which led lead to drama and bad choices, and eventually divorce. I guess he doesn't think we need to meet and forgive each other. I sent him an email and have gotten no response. So how do I handle this? I want to just say F*** you at this point. But I know that wont solve anything.
Well it is warming up here in Anchortown! Should get above freezing tonight and hit 40F by the weekend. Thank you God!!! He must have known I couldn't handle any more cold weather.