Notices

Class of November 2011 pt 2

Old 11-22-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi guys just checking in. I posted earlier in the new people section about another day 1 today and how I even tho I have posted a lot recently about really wanting to get sober I didn't feel as though I really was giving it my all. Super tired tonight and going to bed sober. Will catch up on posts tomorrow. I hope I can re join the group.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:31 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

BoozeFree - stay with us - really no matter what keep posting and we'll all get though this together. STAY STRONG .... catch up tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 6 and still going strong. Two days off cigs also (that is a tougher habit for me to kick). Might fall off the wagon on the cigs but I will not drink!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Today went well. I even convinced my boss we should have our meeting earlier in the day so people can go home a bit early. Got some bad news yesterday about my Dad. His cancer is in it's final stages. I am grateful for the time I've gotten with him since he was diagnosed. I knew this time would come. It just always catches you off guard. No feeling of needing to drink over it. Just hanging in there. Wish everyone a happy and sober Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear that Bruman but your attitude is really inspiring to me.

D
Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

A couple of interesting thoughts about the whole situation. His Mother is still alive. She's 103. She's seen most of her children die before her time has come. I sincerely hope she passes before my Dad. I can't imagine what it must feel like to loose all of your own children before you pass. I know in most cases it's tragedy, but just out living them seems very strange to me.

Secondly, my Dad's favorite saying over the last 5 years.. "No one gets out of here alive". It sounds morbid, at the same time, there is comfort in truth. I wish for my father to be truly happy and at peace with his remaining time. With my Mom, I got 2 weeks. With my sister, it lasted months but she was a heavy drug user and was incapacitated by the end. I found my brother dead a year ago last summer. He died peacefully in his sleep with a heart problem. So I am grateful for every moment I have and had with my father. Thanks for the well wishes.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:26 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 3 was booze free so today is Day 4....Wow this is the longest i have been sober for god knows how long....Have a great day all.....
Old 11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going Stevie

D
Old 11-23-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good on ya guys and gals!

Day 4 here also! haven't felt this good in a long time!

temptation kicked in a bit last night but it didnt last long!.. scared for the christmas period but im lucky enough to have my family all rooting for me so i think that will get me through it!

have a good sober day all!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:01 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

one more 24 hours

Day 14

Good morning for those of us state side, afternoon for you over the pond.

Another early rise, the these sunrises. Today is a filled with the two mile walk to the gym , good workout since there wont be one tomorrow, sauna , swim, and a little shopping on the walk home.

@Bruman sorry about your father and the rest of your family, but you truly have a beautiful inspirtating spirit. good love
Old 11-23-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Great job Masterdeal and stevie88.

Bruman - my thoughts are with you during this time - sounds like you've had a rough time.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Bruman - my thoughts are with you. Enjoy the time you have with your Dad. My husbands mother is still alive and I cannot imagine what it is like to lose a "child" no matter what the age. I like your attitude that it's not worth having a drink over. Just imagine being "knee deep in the water somewhere" if things get tough. That's what I do!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Bruman, so sorry about your Dad. You have an amazing attitude. Enjoy the precious time you have left with him.

Stevie, congrats - you're doing great, hang in there!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Bruman you must be so strong to go through all that. Even stronger now to do it with a sober mind.

Day 26 for me! I can't wait to get to a month.

Everybody have a lovely Wednesday.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - have a wonderful time

D
Old 11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Checking in. My biopsy came back good. Relieved for that. But sad because it was the final straw for me with my bf. He chose work over me. I can't live with the resentment anymore because it makes me drink.
I dont know how I am going to move, I have no extra money, but I'll figure something out.
My heart is breaking. I do love him.
I am thankful I have no craving to drink, none whatsover. I'll need to be sober to get through this.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Everyone....
Alaska glad the biopsy came back good.

Not doing good at the moment. Stayed away because I just don't want to be a downer to everyone. But I want to succeed in this. So, I'm back.

I know what it is... it's shame. Like, I hurt and I drink because it feels inside like I'm bad.

But I'm not bad.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad the biopsy is ok alaska - I'm glad you're thinking about moving on & doing whats best for you too.

I'm glad you're back too R4R - you're not bad...

but it sounds like drinking is becoming your universal panacea like it was mine...and that *is* bad....

I really encourage you to do whatever it takes to leave the booze behind

D
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Still here, been sober since the monday before last. I really feel like I'm done with it now. I'm just tired of the same thing over and over. The fun you have for that one night does not make up for the weeks of problems I get afterwards.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good news Alaska about the biopsy. "Breaking up is hard to do" but it's a part of life, remember that. It just means your ready for a new phase. One door closes and one opens is my motto.