Notices

Class of August 2011 Pt2

Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Day 29

SUN, SUN, SUN. Long rollerblade ride today and in the afternoon an AA meeting. Home team lost again its soccer match and I live close to the stadium, so returning from the meeting the long way, but still met groups of drunk and mad fans. Good it was not completely dark.

Carla - the group had fun scheduling my activities, especiallly that the therpist left for a brief time. "Walk with dog", but I don't have a dog, so they scheduled buying a dog first and as the group is youngish and they know I'm single, the guys scheduled a visit to an excort-club The official flipchart version sadly did not include this.

Keep being sober everyone, we can do it.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

As you all know,i fell off the waggon earlier this week,i plan to jump back on the waggon on monday....Does this mean i have to join another group???
Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

still hanging in there

hi,
still hanging in there with class of august 11!! feeling pretty good. some amazing things have happened, prayers answered etc... so I know I am on the right path, but I have been tempted too. so let's all stick together to support each other in our progress & attempts & hope we all succeed!! happy labor day weekend to all
Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
rs2

stevie88, come on back to august 11. we miss ya dude.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Still struggling to string together more than a few days. Drank again yesterday.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think posting with other ppl who are dealing with the same things you are is beneficial Stevie, but there's no rule you have to, or no reason not to post here too

Why not start tomorrow tho?

Sorry to see you're still struggling too BF

D
Old 09-03-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Stevie, i'd love it if you would stay with us!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

End of day 8, wow. A lady in my home group had her 1 year birthday. It got me thinking, i have been going to that same AA group for 4 years now, and in the past two years, pretty frequently and all i have is 8 days! Kind of depressing. Maybe AA doesnt work for everyone. or maybe, once you are really ready it doesn't matter what approach you take, its going to work?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Had some fish and veggies for dinner and ending today sober.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:36 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Day 13, and "Irene", or what`s left of her, is on her way. Flood warnings for my town on the radio, and car-free sunday give some people some challenges..
For me it is sweet indian tea, before I go out enjoying the quiet car-free town
Old 09-04-2011, 03:56 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

I took 15 years to get it right Alaska...never give up
Have you tried the Steps with a sponsor?

D
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Let me be the first to say CONGRATS PIOTR!!!!!!

30 DAYS!!!! YEEEEEEEE.....HAWWWW!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 30 Piotr!!! awesome!

Day 2 today. I woke up and decided to do some writing in my journal. I ended up writing a little letter titled To Alcohol and wrote down all my feelings toward alcohol and all the negative ways it has effected my life. It was nice to get it all down on paper so its something I can re read the next time I think about wanting to drink. Today I plan on kinda just hangin around the house again. I have no interest in going to a labor day bbq or down to the beach where everyone is drinking bc I know as of right now that would be a huge trigger to drink so I much rather have a lazy day around the house and do some cleaning.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
rs2

Day 27 here and fast approaching 30 days! Went by much quicker than I thought.

Went to see "The Help" last night with my wife. She had her usual Rum on the way to the movie, but I just didnt feel tempted at all to have my usual wine. She came out and asked me; "Why arent you drinking anymore?" All I could say was "I needed to give my body a break from the alcohol". She said; "well I havent had as much to drink this week either." COOL Its true!

She has never drank as much as me and I really havent been too worried about her drinking. She'll usually have one or two before/during dinner and thats it. However, over the years, she has begun to do it every night, with the fairly regular over indulgence on the weekends. I think that when I wasnt cracking open another bottle of wine, she felt like maybe she should slow it down too.

I've been drinking non-alcholic beer while on the boat, and she probably thought I was drinking regular beer, but I think she noticed the outside refrigerator had O'douls in it .This probably made her realize thats what i've been drinking. Any thoughts on the use of Non-Alchoholic beer? Yeah, I like the taste, but its really a crutch because I've drank for so long that I associate all fun recreational time with drinking, so the Odouls seems to fit right in. It also avoids my buddies questions about my lack of drinking.

Anyway, all is good here. I'm taking a HUGE amount of Vitamin C based on some studies I found on the internet, and I swear I think I feel better. It may just be placebo effect, but who cares? I'll write more about it later. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
rs2

Congratulations PIOTR! WTG!

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Let me be the first to say CONGRATS PIOTR!!!!!!

30 DAYS!!!! YEEEEEEEE.....HAWWWW!
WAY TO GO Piotr!!! This is awesome! Congratulations.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

-------------------DAY 30----------------------

Thank you for remembering: Lofty, BF, rs2.

Had a nice day. The weather was still beautiful - went for a long bicycle ride. Stopped and just sat looking at the calm sea. Then a AA meeting and some shopping.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

congrats on 30 days Piotr! 7

I am on day 9. Wow. This is huge for me. However, I am really feeling bad, cant quite put my finger on it, grumpy? Tired. And really lonely. I am starting to count how many days until the antabuse is out of my system so i can have a drink. :-(
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I took 15 years to get it right Alaska...never give up
Have you tried the Steps with a sponsor?

D
I just got off the phone with her. But my b/f was upstairs and I am sure he could hear me so I couldn't totally open up.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
rs2

Antabuse day counting

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
congrats on 30 days Piotr! 7

I am on day 9. Wow. This is huge for me. However, I am really feeling bad, cant quite put my finger on it, grumpy? Tired. And really lonely. I am starting to count how many days until the antabuse is out of my system so i can have a drink. :-(
Got an idea here Alaska. Go ahead and take the antabuse again today, and next thing you know, your sobriety will be in the DOUBLE DIGITS! Once you do, the weekend will be over, tempation subsided feeling better and less grumpy and actually feeling great about going on 2 WEEKS SOBER!

Dont think about drinking tomorrow or the next day, just take your antabuse and stay sober today. After a couple of weeks sober, many people seem to get off the roller coaster ride of emotions. Give it a try and see.

You're doing great!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Piotr

Please stick with it Alaska - there's no answers for you back the way you came, right?

D