Notices

Class of August 2011 Pt2

Old 08-24-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Class of August 2011 Pt2

Hello Fellow Augustians!

We are now on Part 2!!! Have to create another thread around the 500 posts mark... now if I can figure out how to put the link to the old one, we'll be all set! Hope the link works... I'm SR-challenged

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2011-a-21.html

Last edited by Dee74; 08-24-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: linked to last page of last thread
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Really

D
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A new day a new thread.

Day 20. Feeling better but the sky is still dark grey and forecasts say more rain.

Off to therapy to work on the sober me.

Have a great day!
Old 08-24-2011, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW..I couldn't figure out why the other board was closed..I was laughing hysterially at SindyLuhu's post about the mail on the table vs the inbox and I just wanted to say thank you. I am so there with you.
Coffeespoons..i KNOW what you mean about waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yucky feeling.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Happy Day Before Friday!

It's dreary here too, Piotr.... had a massive lightning storm last night kept me up for a while in the middle of the night - guess we had a tornado watch also (that I didn't know about).
Did you see/hear it, Sindy? Peeps around work here slept through it???? Not sure how in the heck they do THAT... I'm up at every little sound and I wear earplugs, for Pete's sake! My therapist calls it hyper-vigilance -- because of my younger years. Pity the person who ever really tries to break in... I think I'd be like the tasmanian devil with a baseball bat!

Anyway... glad you found us Alaska! I imagine that 'other shoe' as being under my other foot! When it wants to get up and walk, I stomp on it again. It's when we wait to stomp on it and let it get some momentum that we're in trouble... I try to remember what it did to me.. why I started posting here in the first place.

We can do this today! We can break free from alcohol's influence in our lives!
Have a really good day... in a sober kind of way
Old 08-25-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
WOW..I couldn't figure out why the other board was closed..I was laughing hysterially at SindyLuhu's post about the mail on the table vs the inbox and I just wanted to say thank you. I am so there with you.
Coffeespoons..i KNOW what you mean about waiting for the other shoe to drop. Yucky feeling.
Alaska...I am sincerely glad that I could make you laugh!

In fact, rereading it, I laughed too. One, because I was in a foul mood that day and something so insignificant took an exorbitant amount of my energy. And two, because it's such a basic concept and there are people in this world who get off on making things more complicated than they need to be. It's at that point you just have to laugh and move on. Heck with the mail...it's all junk and ads anyway....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
Happy Day Before Friday!

It's dreary here too, Piotr.... had a massive lightning storm last night kept me up for a while in the middle of the night - guess we had a tornado watch also (that I didn't know about).
Did you see/hear it, Sindy? Peeps around work here slept through it???? Not sure how in the heck they do THAT... I'm up at every little sound and I wear earplugs, for Pete's sake! My therapist calls it hyper-vigilance -- because of my younger years. Pity the person who ever really tries to break in... I think I'd be like the tasmanian devil with a baseball bat!

Anyway... glad you found us Alaska! I imagine that 'other shoe' as being under my other foot! When it wants to get up and walk, I stomp on it again. It's when we wait to stomp on it and let it get some momentum that we're in trouble... I try to remember what it did to me.. why I started posting here in the first place.

We can do this today! We can break free from alcohol's influence in our lives!
Have a really good day... in a sober kind of way
I'm still with ya R4R! Day 25. I really didn't think I'd get this far!
The storm hit here just after midnight. It kept me up for a little while. The commute downtown was killer this morning. Downed power lines on one of the main arteries into downtown. Took me over 2 hours to get to work on the bus. But I'm here!

Happy Day ___ everyone!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Hey the Sindy it sure did pour here. Glad to see and here your cruizin right along
Day 25 thats fantasic keep it up
Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words. It has been a whirlwind of a week but I did not drink and I'm so thankful for that. The hardest part about this life on earth is death. Losing a loved one is the toughest thing to deal with, but God has been gracious to my family and we are getting through it.

Well done, class members. It's good to see several of you going strong!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Inda--Thx!

Sarah--I am so glad you are hanging in there. Getting through this tough time in your life without drinking requires a lot of strength! I just thought how great it is to feel all the feelings you are going through (good and bad) during this time as opposed to numbing them through drinking only to find that somewhere down the road you would have to deal with them again?!

I am truly happy for you!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Oh yeah, Sindy... the whole concept of eventually having to deal with the stuff if we chose to drown it in alcohol really stinks big-time! Rather deal with it at the time and get it over with!
Storm wasn't quite that bad here - trash containers were knocked over, but everything else looked ok. No downed lines... I heard something like 63,000 were out of power this morning though around NE Ohio. Crazy weather... Nothing like the East Coast though gearing up for Irene... I'm one of the strange ones who actually likes living here
Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 9. up and down, but much relief from last night's meeting. having a hard time not reaching out to my boyfriend, because of stupid facebook. it's a bizarre way of staying in touch yet having absolutely no contact. our "relationship status" is still in tact, he has all of the pictures of us up, and has posted a few updates without altering any of that, and that's all i have to go on. It's not his fault, it's mine. I am praying for forgiveness.

I found a great sponsor and we are doing step work for the first time on saturday morning after a meeting.

I feel better, but am so sad, missing my partner very much and want to tell him how hard i'm working at making this change. It's very hard to not write to him to let him know. I miss him. I don't think i miss him in a codependent way at this point, but in the way that a partner misses a partner. He is my best friend, and i could sit and stare at a wall with him and likely enjoy it. I really really miss him. He doesn't drink, so i don't know if he'll understand this or not.

scared.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Long day. Another emotional day at therapy. This much younger group has a lot worse stories then my previous older age group. Makes me feel all the more sad.

AA meeting in the afternoon - made me want to drink more then giving positive thoughts. This is the second time I feel like this after a meeting in this 10m high church basement. May not go there again.

Tired, lonely and woorying about how to manage through the weekend. On the positive note - the forecast is warm and a lot of sun

Keep sober one day at a time !
Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well I drank last night. So stupid! All the drama at work finally made me crack. Back to Day 1 today. This morning I finally talked to my co workers and settled the drama. Bummed I drank and am starting over again. Hopefully this can be my last day 1
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey BF - Here's to your last Day 1! Glad you got things straightened out with your co-workers, though...

Welcome OceanSize! Congrats on 9 days sober! Wasn't really following the whole thing with the boyfriend, but it looks like you've posted elsewhere so you know there's a lot of support here.

Piotr - It's not the weekend yet.... let's get through tomorrow first Anyways, if it sunny and it's getting warmer - I'm thinking rollerblading can keep you occupied for a little while anyway... Better days are coming... hold on.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I hope that you are all enjoying your evening. Some really great posts here. I'm on day 4 today woohoo. I have to admit, I woke up so groggy today and experienced cravings during the late afternoon but didn't act on them. I feel accountable by posting here so thanks for listening. Between us, you folks are the only people who I have told about this.

Be well tonight...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

A decent nights sleep and I feel much better and stronger. It almost 7 am here and the sun is slowly showing itself. Yippeee!

Day 21 -only 5.5 h of therapy today. Will get throughit and enjoy a sober weekend.

R4R - always a pleasure to read your posts. Thanks.

Have a great day everyone and remember Don't Quit.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Happy Friday!

Day 26 and moving right along... don't NEED alcohol to live. Don't NEED alcohol to cope. Don't NEED alcohol for anything. Alcohol is a deceptive enemy - not a friend, not a pal, not someone to 'hang with' to pass the time. I like who I am right now. I don't like who I am when I drink. Period.

Guess I better get back to work
Old 08-26-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

R4R--Happy Day 26! I'm right there with 'ya!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Back at ya, Sindy!