Six Months & Under Club Part 4

Old part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

Carry on!

D
Old 05-27-2011, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Well, I hope everyone is okay and doing well.

Not much to report today. I went out last night to a Vietnamese restaurant with a couple of buddies (to catch up). I was a little excited and I knew the food was going to be great so that mind flash (old habits die hard) came and I thought "gee, a bottle of white wine would top this off...". But then, in the next instant, I regrooved the thought, recalled all the pain, discarded all those thoughts to history and moved on. I did order a coke along with the mineral water. The food was great - decor is something out of the 70's but then it's been around since then!

It's Friday night here and we're thinking of watching a movie at home. All good!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

IALF i dont like mornings, no not really. I am trying to get up earlier but not doing well. There again i do got the whole 'double' recovery business what with the codie and the alcohol at the same time and I am getting there.

YouAreNumberOne i did take to peeking at <1 yr yesterday seemed quite an active thread. I see some other names like Swansong there also.

Im up thats about all i can say. Didn't manage to see the doctors as i wanted again today which means 3 days with no meds so could suffer for that later.

IALF are you > 6months ?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I encourage you to see the Dr Kevin, especially if you need the meds.

Rosco, I saw what you wrote on the other thread about things getting quiet here...

As you know, for better or worse the longer things go, the more people drop out - and not always for relapse reasons...people move on - some disagree with things here, others just find they get on with their life - and SR takes a backseat.

I'll try to drum up some business tho

I hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will try D thanks im not out of anti depressant meds but the other meds or lack therof [a cream basically] means im sort of immobilized without it.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being housebound can send you crazy Kevin - hope you can sort it out next week

D
Old 05-28-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks D for your awesome help. I have had a good day today.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries mate

D
Old 05-28-2011, 11:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Kavin and anyone else here in the 6 and under thread, just wanted to drop in and say hi and show a little support.

As Dee noted, our lives can tend to get a bit busy so even just posting in my class of October thread and 1 year and under is sometimes only every few days now-a-days, although I still read a lot of the forums on my phone in transit to and from work and stuff (but hard to post from my phone).

Kevin I hope you are doing well, sorry to hear about your meds, hopefully you can sort it out soon and happy to see you're still here and I look forward to seeing you in the 1 and under thread soon!

Oh and welcome to the thread Enjoy.

PS. Kevin, did you enjoy the AA big book?
Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Swansong thanks for dropping by to say hello. The AA BB is ok. Right now im trying to get back some focus. I have a long standing issue with a psychopath living next door to me but today I am saying 7 days since any contact with him or his gf.

I got 4 books swan, AA BB is just the one, i like what i have read but am trying to fashion my own solutions as well as coming here to SR and reading my recovery books.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

A quick hello from me also. I'm gravitating to the < 1year thread now but will drop in here from time to time as support.

Not much happening here - it's raining here though! Haven't seen decent rain for over 8 months!

No temptations for a few days - but always am on the lookout for that little voice (which appears to have gone on a long vacation or hopefully disappeared all together). I remember in my first few months, silently screaming at my little voice. The profanities! I had to be quick though because it could get a hold very quickly. I remember thinking some times that I just needed to get out of a situation (ie, a meeting) because I could feel being swayed into the "yes, I'm going to have a few drinks". And it was very quick, one moment I'm not drinking, and the next, I am. But not now!

Well, have a great day everyone!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My 16:9 26" CRT Tv toppled on the floor today screen first but it seems to be working fine. Lucky me.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad it was ok Kevin

D
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yep, that was lucky, TV's don't usually have good bouncing qualities!

I've got a day off work today, and it looks like a fair weather day, so i'm going to absorb myself in the garden. May even get out for a walk in the countryside.

But first a nice cup of tea!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

IALF and Dee74 yup i was surprised at the tv. Have completed painting now on one side of my front room. Thats the good news. I sort of pulled all sorts of muscles though with my painting [32 old g*t] though. The 'career' divil is raising its head today and i guess a bit yesterday as well. I mean just WHAT will i do to earn a living
Old 05-31-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Kevin, it's great to hear you've nearly finished the painting. I also want to encourage you on the job front.

If you've been out of work for a while it can seem like a huge leap of faith to get back into a routine. There are people who can help you get started. Remember that small steps in the right direction will eventually get you to where you want to be. You've already made huge progress, so try not to feel overwhelmed, just take a small step.

I'm sending you some virtual, positive, good-luck vibes.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks IALF i guess after a moderate sober stretch it sometimes feels more lonely and difficult for me than it did at say 2/3 weeks when it was all exciting. Here I am now 5 months in 2 days and i remember what someone said about being 11 months and not really any better of materially or financially.

Yes it is a struggle to stay sober. I guess i feel like a guy alice wondering as david icke put it 'just how deep the rabbit warren goes' - the more i dig the more fecked up my family seems.

Still i make progress but for sure it feels precarious. Maybe you can reassure me but i do worry that one slip would be 'throwing it all away', like the effort i have put in can be sullied real easy
Old 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here I am now 5 months in 2 days and i remember what someone said about being 11 months and not really any better of materially or financially.
Not to put you off, but I really wasn't better off in those ways until well over a year Kevin - but it didn't matter because my priorities changed too - I realised joy and happiness and contentment weren't as dependent on materials or finances as I'd thought.

You're doing well Kevin - I know it can seem like you're treading water sometimes, but as long as you stay committed to always moving forward you'll be ok

D
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks D i just had a good read of an author i enjoy this evening and i think the psychological workout did me some good.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Well i am starting to feel a little unsettled by how i like to have sleeping pills in the house.