Notices

Class of August 2011 Pt2

Old 09-04-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Very inspirational, Piotr! Congrats!

I'm winding up day 5. I've had a very productive weekend- went for a jog in the morning and dinner with a friend in the evening yesterday. Although she doesn't know the extent of my problem with alcohol, she does know I'm not drinking so there's no pressure there. I did a lot of long neglected housework today. Now I'm relaxing and watching Lifetime movies to zone out. I have to work tomorrow but that'll keep me busy. Physically I feel pretty good, just very thirsty. I'm alternating between water and Crystal Light.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me, and I think I'm getting the hang of this! Went to dinner this evening, and I was kind of worried about being in a restaurant seeing other people drinking. What surprised me was that most people weren't drinking alcohol. It went very well! I'm truly looking forward to waking up on Labor Day this year without a hangover, something that hasn't happened in many years!

Stay strong.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I started a Sept thread since there wasnt one and being on day 2. Still will be stoppin by here though checkin in. Had some steak and veggies tonight and ending the day with a little tv.

Msober I am also looking foward to waking up another morning hangover free!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I took 15 years to get it right Alaska...never give up
Have you tried the Steps with a sponsor?

D
Dee, 15 years? Okay, I feel better. I've been trying about that long, but only took it seriously the past 5.
Thanks for that.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Towards the end of day 9. Spent most of the day helping my son clean his room, it was a disaster! Now, he has a friend over and I am baking cookies.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 30 today. I...have...to...keep....goingggg....almost....(pan t)....caught....up....to....(pant)....Piotr!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
rs2

Smile WOW! 30 days without alcohol.....I'm gonna catch you!

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
Day 30 today. I...have...to...keep....goingggg....almost....(pan t)....caught....up....to....(pant)....Piotr!!!!!!
Lofty, Congratulations! That is wonderful. How long has it been since you wnet 30 days without a drink. .....pant....pant......I'm at day 28 pant...and i'm catching up with you!

Seriously, this is awesome. How do you feel? Have your emotions leveled out? What are you doing to stay sober?

Thanks for sharing this great news with us!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
rs2

Thumbs up Double digits alaska!

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine View Post
Towards the end of day 9. Spent most of the day helping my son clean his room, it was a disaster! Now, he has a friend over and I am baking cookies.
So today is day 10. Kinda nice having a holiday without a hangover, huh? Great job and keep up the good work.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Congrats Piotr, Lofty....and ME!! Yay!! 30 days today and a holiday weekend in the bag - SOBER!! Had a great b-day with my son and have been grilling fun things all weekend.

Stevie - hope you hang with us!!

Alaska - stay strong!

Everyone - I thank God for you all and hope this coming week is peaceful and sober!! Much Love!
Old 09-05-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Congrats Lofty
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

CONGRATS Prayforstrength!!!!! Wooooo...Hoooo!
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
rs2

Talking Restaurant Drinking

Originally Posted by Msober View Post
Day 8 for me, and I think I'm getting the hang of this! Went to dinner this evening, and I was kind of worried about being in a restaurant seeing other people drinking. What surprised me was that most people weren't drinking alcohol. It went very well! I'm truly looking forward to waking up on Labor Day this year without a hangover, something that hasn't happened in many years!

Stay strong.
LOL, I know what you mean about looking around in a restaurant and noticing that EVERBODY is NOT drinking. Over the years, I drank so often, I just presumed everyone else was drinking also. Now being sober and more concious of others, I realize that everyone is not drinking. I was recently at Outback steakhouse, and I could just taste that glass of merlot with my filet, but didnt order it. I looked around to see how deprived I was only to discover that everyone around me was drinking iced tea. WHAT? You mean you can really eat a steak without red wine? OMG.

Yes I can, and mmmmmm it still tasted awesome. Congratulations on over a week of sobriety, . You're doing great, and doesnt it feel good to wake up without a hangover?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
rs2

PRAYFORSTRENGTH-----

Congratulations, looks like you've proven that prayer indeed works! This is just great that you have been sober for 30 days! How long has it been since you went this long without a hangover, especially on a holiday weekend?

You are doing great. Any secrets to your success besides prayer?

Hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy all that bbq! Sincerely, rs2 .
Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Way to go Lofty and Prayforstrength! you guys are doing great!

Day 3 today! Sobriety is something Im learning cant be done by taking any short cuts. Im simply taking it day by day and picking up tips as I go along. I always going thru lil phases of writing in my journal and this time Im trying to commit to writing at least a little something each day about my sober journey.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, all. To answer Rs2, the main differences this time are a daily approach, AA, surrender, a sponsor, and not wanting to be near the 8 month bottom I am climbing out of. Almost lost all, and still could lose a lot. I am also seeing a therapist, and am ready for a new life. The old one just didn't work anymore; it was broken.

Good luck to all! Have a happy sober day!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thank you all.

PFS - congratulations

Day 31 - now I want to beat my old 44 days sober record.
Nice weather and even therapy went by quickly.
Went rollerblading.
Good day.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations PFS and Lofty

D
Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Day 6. On my way home from work, thoughts of stopping for some rum came into my head. But then I thought about how I actually slept well last night and how my face doesn't look all puffy anymore. About how I am mentally sharper at work and can clearly remember what I did last night. Why would I want to not have those things?!?! So I drove straight home and am sipping some iced peach green tea. I can't remember my last sober Labor day. Well, now I can
Old 09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

rs2 - I tell ya - prayer has worked for me! I was also just plain tired of being sick and tired. I was ready to dump the shame and become the parent I always wanted to be and knew I could be. Also, I lost a dear friend recently who died suddenly due to organ failure from years of alcoholism. My commitment is strong although I did stumble once in the beginning and the withdrawals were exremely tough.

I feel like my mind and body are healing a little more everyday and I am grateful.

It is amazing what can be done with absolute determination. I am proud of us all.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rs2 View Post
So today is day 10. Kinda nice having a holiday without a hangover, huh? Great job and keep up the good work.
It IS 10 days today! Woop Woop

And without a doubt, the toughest yet! Went to a meeting, that helped for about 3 hours, then my b/f had to take a quick trip up to his cabin to secure the dock and i insisted on going. well, the last time we were there, 4th of July, he invited friends of his and didn't tell me until the last minuted and i was resentful, his "friend" brought alcohol and drank it behind my back, as if I didnt know what they were doing, and that was my b/f's idea, he didnt want them drinking around me. So anyway, i said screw it, i drank, got drunk and told off his friends and they all packed up in the middle of the night and left, even got their boat out of the water! It was so ugly the next day with his daughter, age 11, my son 13 and my b/f and I. Our happy little family...that i seem intent on destroying with my drinking. It was certainty my worst blackout drunk ever, and I have not had one since, although I limped through many more days of drinking. Anyway, there in the cabin, today, the memories from July 4th were all there , as if it was that same day. My stomach dropped, i felt sick.. and i knew the only thing that would make me feel better was a drink, but that was not an option, just for extra insurance, I took antabuse..so I had go through it sober...ugh...But I will be soo happy tomorrow when I wake up, with no regrets and no pain, thats what keeps me going.
oh and on that note, that night at the cabin, during about 10 minutes of my blackout, i had my video camera running on my phone. The picture is fuzzy but I can hear every single drunk word that came out of my mouth, and, at one point, I left my phone in one room and walked out, and the kids were alone, talking about me being drunk, hearing my son so upset, it was horrifying to hear that. Again, that was my last big drunk...God help me, please, never never do that again...